Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did LHO know how to drive? Does it matter?  (Read 40103 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Did LHO know how to drive? Does it matter?
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 08:42:04 PM »
Advertisement
Both are absolutely unrelated to whether or not Oswald's rights were violated while he was inside the theater.

How is a discussion about illegal police behavior grandstanding?  Nobody ever claimed that this was related to whether Oswald was guilty or not.  That was just a strawman you made up to be belligerent and to deflect the thread.  Which is what you do.

But don't let that stop you from grandstanding some more.

You're projecting again.  It's claiming that "there is no doubt" of Oswald's guilt that is grandstanding.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 08:42:04 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2018, 09:07:10 PM »
For argument's sake, let's agree that Oswald's rights were violated while inside the theater.  What now?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »
For argument's sake, let's agree that Oswald's rights were violated while inside the theater.  What now?

Well, Bill, if you had actually read through the thread before chiming in you would have seen the comment that Doug Easterly made that sparked this tangent about rights.  He suggested that Oswald should have been detained by the police as a person of interest for daring to be in the lunchroom and not showing enough interest (whatever that means) in what was going on outside.  That led to a discussion of probable cause and what the grounds are/were for detaining or searching someone.

So, to answer your question, if for argument's sake we agree that Oswald's rights were violated while inside the theater then Doug and everybody else learns something new about how people's rights are protected in this country and why Baker couldn't have legitimately done so, even if he had wanted to.  Baker's reputation is then somewhat assuaged despite not remembering where he stopped the guy or what he was wearing.

We all come out more enlightened and dance off into the sunset together.

Next topic?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
Yeah it's my right to watch a movie and know that everyone in that theater is unarmed and if I have to be patted down to determine if I have a weapon to make the World a safer place then who besides a hard core conspiracy Kook would think otherwise?

All these concertgoers were patted down, I wonder how many punched those security guys in the face? LOL!!!

JohnM

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2018, 10:04:28 PM »
Well, Bill, if you had actually read through the thread before chiming in you would have seen the comment that Doug Easterly made that sparked this tangent about rights.  He suggested that Oswald should have been detained by the police as a person of interest for daring to be in the lunchroom and not showing enough interest (whatever that means) in what was going on outside.  That led to a discussion of probable cause and what the grounds are/were for detaining or searching someone.

So, to answer your question, if for argument's sake we agree that Oswald's rights were violated while inside the theater then Doug and everybody else learns something new about how people's rights are protected in this country and why Baker couldn't have legitimately done so, even if he had wanted to.  Baker's reputation is then somewhat assuaged despite not remembering where he stopped the guy or what he was wearing.

Next topic?

Can you knock off the pen*s-measuring and dancing off into the sunset together?
Maybe save that for Grinder...

???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:09:22 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2018, 10:04:28 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »

Next topic?

Oh come on now.

Don't pretend like a comment by Doug Easterly is what finally set you off about a supposed violation of Oswald's rights while inside the theater.

You've been As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'ing about McDonald touching Oswald's belt line long before this particular thread ever came along.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »
Yeah it's my right to watch a movie and know that everyone in that theater is unarmed and if I have to be patted down to determine if I have a weapon to make the World a safer place then who besides a hard core conspiracy Kook would think otherwise?

All these concertgoers were patted down, I wonder how many punched those security guys in the face? LOL!!!

JohnM

'Your right to throw punches ends where my nose begins' goes the old saying.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

You've been As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'ing about McDonald touching Oswald's belt line long before this particular thread ever came along.

And long after this thread is dead and buried whenever the topic of Oswald's arrest is debated you can be sure as heck that Iacoletti will again present this strawman to bolster his lack of evidence. You gotta laugh at what they're reduced to.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:50:26 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »