Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald is the real assassin  (Read 11242 times)

Offline Paul May

Re: Oswald is the real assassin
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »
Advertisement
Belief is all one has in the absence of actual evidence.

When one claims “I believe in conspiracy”, they do not provide evidence to support it.  Hence, it’s a belief only.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2019, 10:07:57 PM »

When one claims “I believe in conspiracy”, they do not provide evidence to support it.  Hence, it’s a belief only.

Unless enough people (likely voters) to matter are persuaded otherwise, belief is independent of the facts, belief under great brained stewardship.
Also consider the implications if the bulk of those who voted for and still support this...:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-marine-one-departure-45/
Remarks by President Trump Before Marine One Departure
Issued on: May 30, 2019
…..
Q    Do you still think Robert Mueller behaved honorably?
THE PRESIDENT:  I think he’s totally conflicted.  Because, as you know, he wanted to be the FBI Director, and I said no. As you know, I had a business dispute with him.  After he left the FBI, we had a business dispute.  Not a nice one.  He wasn’t happy with what I did, and I don’t blame him.  But I had to do it because that was the right thing to do.  But I had a business dispute.
And he loves Comey.  You look at the relationship with those two.  So whether it’s love or deep like, but he was conflicted.
Look, Robert Mueller should’ve never been chosen because he wanted the FBI job and he didn’t get it.  And the next day, he was picked as Special Counsel.  So you tell somebody, “I’m sorry, you can’t have the job.”  And then, after you say that, he’s going to make a ruling on you?  It doesn’t work that way. Plus, we had a business dispute.  Plus, his relationship with Comey was extraordinary.
Now, one other thing I’ll say: Why didn’t he investigate Strzok, and Page, and McCabe, and Comey and all the lies, and Brennan and the lies, and Clapper and the lies to Congress, and all of the things that happened to start this investigation?  Why didn’t Comey come clean?  Why didn’t Comey come clean and say the things that he knows are fact?  Why didn’t Mueller investigate Comey, his best friend or his very good friend?  And there are so many other things.

Here’s a question.  This is a study of Russia.  Why didn’t they invest the insurance policy?  In other words, should Hillary Clinton lose, we’ve got an insurance policy.  Guess what?  What we’re in right now is the insurance policy.
Lisa Page explains why she and Strzok talked 'insurance policy' about Trump
March 12, 2019
…….
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/politics/lisa-page-peter-strzok-insurance-policy/index.html

Q    Do you think he behaved dishonorably?
THE PRESIDENT:  I think he is a total conflicted person.  I think Mueller is a true Never Trumper.  He’s somebody that dislikes Donald Trump.  He’s somebody that didn’t get a job that he requested that he wanted very badly, and then he was appointed.  And despite that — and despite $40 million, 18 Trump haters, including people that worked for Hillary Clinton and some of the worst human beings on Earth — they got nothing.  It’s pretty amazing....
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/don-mcgahn-must-testify.html
Don McGahn Must Testify
The president can’t silence the former White House counsel while attacking his testimony to Mueller.
By William Saletan   June 19, 2019
…In the ABC interview, Trump also challenged Bannon’s account of a separate incident. On May 16, 2017, a day before he was appointed as special counsel, Mueller went to the White House to speak with Trump about replacing James Comey, the FBI director Trump had just fired. Bannon later told investigators that “the White House had invited Mueller to speak to the President to offer a perspective on the institution of the FBI. Bannon said that, although the White House thought about beseeching Mueller to become Director again, he did not come in looking for the job,” according to Mueller’s report.
But in the ABC interview, Trump told a different story. “Robert Mueller wanted the job. He wanted to go back as the FBI director,” said the president. “But I told him no.” Trump dismissed Bannon’s contrary account: “Steve Bannon has no idea. Steve Bannon was not in the room.” Again, Trump claimed to have witnesses who could confirm his version of events. He assured Stephanopoulos, “I can get you two people that work in the White House office, in the Oval Office, to tell you [Mueller] was standing in line along with other people applying for the job.” ...

….are not the bulk of those voters who believe in JFKA or subsequent investigation conspiracy / cover up.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 10:52:10 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2019, 07:54:22 PM »
'Fractually' and factually. ;)

Fractally wrong.  That means it's wrong no matter how you look at it.  You probably have to be a computer nerd to get the joke.

And WTF do trials have to do with the truth, anyway. Trials are about who wins the argument.

Agreed, but the discussion was about standards of evidence in a trial.  Did you fall asleep while reading again?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2019, 07:54:22 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »
Iacoletti,

How many undeniable facts are you aware of in the case?

That the three gals near the Stemmons sign in the Zapruder film are, "uh ... probably Carol Reed, definitely Gloria Calvery, and definitely me, Karen Westbrook!"?

Anything else?

LOL

-- MWT

Get over it, Captain Obsession.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »

Same goes for "I believe Oswald did it".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2019, 10:28:44 PM »
Same goes for "I believe Oswald did it".

It's really cute how you think you're Oswald's defence lawyer.

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2019, 11:32:03 PM »
It's really cute how you think you're Oswald's defence lawyer.

Not nearly as cute as you thinking you're his prosecution lawyer.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2019, 11:32:03 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2019, 05:11:42 PM »
Fractally wrong.  That means it's wrong no matter how you look at it.  You probably have to be a computer nerd to get the joke.

Agreed, but the discussion was about standards of evidence in a trial.  Did you fall asleep while reading again?

Touchy, touchy... and why would you use a nerd-word on a forum that no one would 'get'?