Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 339264 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #3136 on: January 03, 2021, 08:30:32 AM »
Advertisement
I don’t care if 99 per cent of the Senate and House members who are going along with this are just going through the motions. They have no intention of really seeing Trump prevail. Pretending Is still unacceptable. It undermines the public’s trust in elections. They seem to think that holding their office, or maybe taking the next step up, is more important than maintaining the people’s faith in fair elections. Men have died to uphold the principles of Democracy, at Omaha Beach and other places. These politicians are more important than them? I will use my vote, from here on out, to frustrate them. Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Tommy Tuberville, and a host of others, will never get my vote if they run for President or Vice President. I will vote for Bernie Sanders if I have to.

If Joe Elliott and I never agree on anything else, we agree on this.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3136 on: January 03, 2021, 08:30:32 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3137 on: January 03, 2021, 08:38:20 AM »

There were something like 80 million votes for Old Joe.  A person who largely decided not to campaign.  A frail, old white guy who has run for president several times and never generated more than one percent of the democrat votes before dropping out of those races.  But suddenly he receives more votes than Reagan, JFK, Clinton, Obama or anyone who ever ran?  LOL.  And not by a small margin.  He exceeded Obama - a wildly popular and dynamic candidate - by something like 15 million votes.  Was it "fraud"?  Maybe not.  But the change to mail in voting was a significant alteration of the election process.   

Those changes demonstrably favored Old Joe and he would have lost in a landslide if most most states had not used the pandemic as an excuse to fundamentally change the election process in a way that most favored the dems.  Old Joe received 60-90% of the mail in votes.  And the CDC and Fauci - those trusted "scientists" dems love so much - both confirmed that it was safe to vote in person.  There was no health-related reason to change the established voting requirements.  That was done for purely political purposes as were many decisions made during the pandemic.   But that is water under the bridge. I've never seen winners cry so much.  Old Joe won.  Enjoy four years of nothing getting done, the economy collapsing under higher taxes, and rampant crime.  When it is all over in 2024 just blame the failures on the republicans like Obama did.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3138 on: January 03, 2021, 08:45:09 AM »

Wrong.  Biden got more black votes in Philadelphia than Obama.  Remember him?  The first black President.  Do you think that a 78-year old white guy with a record of imprisoning blacks for nonviolent crimes is more popular in the black community than Obama?  It is ridiculous.   Mail in voting is a tactic that the dems have been pushing for years.   They used the virus as an excuse to do so despite the  CDC and Fauci confirming that in person voting was perfectly safe.   The results show that decided the election.  Old Joe had something like two-thirds of the mail in votes while winning several swing states by one percent or less.  If the election had occurred as normal in those states, Trump would have won by a landslide.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3138 on: January 03, 2021, 08:45:09 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3139 on: January 03, 2021, 10:10:25 AM »

Senators who are backing Trump’s efforts to overturn the popular election:

Ted Cruz of Texas
Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
James Lankford of Oklahoma
Steve Daines of Montana
John Kennedy of Louisiana
Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
Mike Braun of Indiana
Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming
Roger Marshall of Kansas
Bill Hagerty of Tennessee
Tommy Tuberville of Alabama.

Record their names. Vote against them at every opportunity. For the senate, for governor, if you are from their state. For President or Vice President if they run for that office.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3140 on: January 03, 2021, 10:50:30 AM »

From a Richard Smith post of December 01, 2020, 01:18:25 PM
There were something like 80 million votes for Old Joe.  A person who largely decided not to campaign.  A frail, old white guy who has run for president several times and never generated more than one percent of the democrat votes before dropping out of those races.  But suddenly he receives more votes than Reagan, JFK, Clinton, Obama or anyone who ever ran?  LOL.  And not by a small margin.  He exceeded Obama - a wildly popular and dynamic candidate - by something like 15 million votes.  Was it "fraud"?  Maybe not.  But the change to mail in voting was a significant alteration of the election process.   

Those changes demonstrably favored Old Joe and he would have lost in a landslide if most most states had not used the pandemic as an excuse to fundamentally change the election process in a way that most favored the dems.  Old Joe received 60-90% of the mail in votes.  And the CDC and Fauci - those trusted "scientists" dems love so much - both confirmed that it was safe to vote in person.  There was no health-related reason to change the established voting requirements.  That was done for purely political purposes as were many decisions made during the pandemic.   But that is water under the bridge. I've never seen winners cry so much.  Old Joe won.  Enjoy four years of nothing getting done, the economy collapsing under higher taxes, and rampant crime.  When it is all over in 2024 just blame the failures on the republicans like Obama did.

From a Richard Smith post of November 21, 2020, 09:38:58 PM
Wrong.  Biden got more black votes in Philadelphia than Obama.  Remember him?  The first black President.  Do you think that a 78-year old white guy with a record of imprisoning blacks for nonviolent crimes is more popular in the black community than Obama?  It is ridiculous.   Mail in voting is a tactic that the dems have been pushing for years.   They used the virus as an excuse to do so despite the  CDC and Fauci confirming that in person voting was perfectly safe.   The results show that decided the election.  Old Joe had something like two-thirds of the mail in votes while winning several swing states by one percent or less.  If the election had occurred as normal in those states, Trump would have won by a landslide.

Again, there is nothing here about a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy. Richard believes Biden got a lot more votes because they made it so much easier for the to vote because they allowed mail in ballots. There are two reasons this gave Biden the edge:
1.   Avoid standing in long lines on a work day. Long lines depress voting. Not everyone is determined to vote no matter what. Even if everyone was determined, the polls would have to close eventually and not everyone would get to vote. This is not a problem for many people, never has been a problem for me, but is a common problem in big cities.
2.   Biden encouraged people to mail-in their ballots. Trump told his voters to vote in person. A big mistake. Inevitably there are going to be people who intend to vote, but had to work late, or didn’t feel well, even if there are no long lines.

I think Richard would agree with me on this. Our biggest difference is that he sees this as unfortunate. We should run elections the same way we did in the past. I see this is good. It is a fairer way to conduct voting. You don’t have some people having to face long lines while others never do. And, it reduces the odds of getting COVID-19.

I am convinced these changes were not made to give Biden an unfair advantage. In addition to calling for more mail-in balloting, he also stopped the usually mass gatherings to bring out the Democratic votes. Something the Republicans didn’t do, and so we saw video of large gatherings of Trump supporters, standing in huge crowds, shouting their support, and almost never wearing masks. In past years you would see something similar with Democratic rallies. But not this year. Biden was consistently limiting the spread of the virus, through advocating mail-in ballots and foregoing the rallies.

Nowhere, does Richard make the same charges Michael Griffith or Allan Fritzke make.
1.   The Dominion Voting Machines were rigged. This would be a massive conspiracy, involving hundreds of programmers making the changes for all the different counties, and states, which need unique programming depending on the local elections for the city, the county, the state, the special local and state propositions. One programmer can’t do that. It takes many.
2.   The mail-in ballots were bogus. Again, it would take thousands to do this. One guy can’t fill in millions of ballots and come up with different forged signatures. It would take a massive conspiracy.

And, of course, both these highly implausible hypotheses are contradicted by the evidence. A manual recount of over 5,000,000 ballots gave about the same results as the machine count. There should have been a discrepancy of 30,000 votes, in the nationwide fraud cost a mere million. And Trump is saying millions of votes were changed. And a comparison of 150,000 mail-in ballots with known signatures matched up in one county that was checked in Georgia. Thousands of non-matching signatures should have been found but were not.

Instead, Richard sees a non-conspiracy reason why we shouldn’t have mail-in ballots. Because that is not the way we did things in the past. An insufficient reason, in my view, but still, a non-conspiracy reason.

I do disagree with Richard. I don’t mind he supported Trump. But I don’t see why he hasn’t turned against Trump because of Trump’s actions in the last 8 weeks, trying to overturn a valid election. But a fair reading of his posts doesn’t show him advocating any kind a Large-Secret-Conspiracy or any kind of a conspiracy. Yes, it took many people to get the laws changed to expand mail-in balloting. But this isn’t a conspiracy merely because many people are involved. A conspiracy has to done in secret.

Two people digging a ditch is not a conspiracy. Ten people digging a tunnel is not a conspiracy. Unless the digging is kept hidden, secret, and done for some purpose, like escaping a prison. The changing of the laws to allow more mail-in ballots was done out in the open and agreed to by the legislatures. You can’t change the rules, even back to the way they used to be, after the election.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3140 on: January 03, 2021, 10:50:30 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3141 on: January 03, 2021, 11:01:45 AM »

I don’t care if 99 per cent of the Senate and House members who are going along with this are just going through the motions. They have no intention of really seeing Trump prevail. Pretending Is still unacceptable. It undermines the public’s trust in elections. They seem to think that holding their office, or maybe taking the next step up, is more important than maintaining the people’s faith in fair elections. Men have died to uphold the principles of Democracy, at Omaha Beach and other places. These politicians are more important than them? I will use my vote, from here on out, to frustrate them. Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Tommy Tuberville, and a host of others, will never get my vote if they run for President or Vice President. I will vote for Bernie Sanders if I have to.

If Joe Elliott and I never agree on anything else, we agree on this.

I am confident that we shall both strive to not make this a habit.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 04:57:13 PM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3142 on: January 03, 2021, 11:55:58 AM »

Nashville bomber mailed writings promoting conspiracy theories

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nashville-bomber-mailed-writings-promoting-conspiracy-theories/ar-BB1cqzJm?ocid=msedgntp

Anthony Warner was the suicide bomber with the motor home from last Christmas. He took social distancing to an extreme by blasting himself apart.

Warner believed in:
•   9/11 conspiracy
•   Moon landing hoax conspiracy - "The moon landing and 9-11 have so many anomalies they are hard to count."
•   Space aliens:
Space aliens have been attacking Earth since September 2011 (should have gotten together with Trump to build a space wall)
The media is covering up the attacks (is the media good at misinformation or what)
The Earth is controlled by a race of reptilian lizard people. They put a switch into the human brain so they could walk among us and appear human. (They are so human like that they could vote in person but prefer to send in mail-in ballots).

I think we have found someone who could have given Jack Trojan some serious competition in the number of conspiracy theories he believes in. Great minds think alike. As do the not so great ones.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3142 on: January 03, 2021, 11:55:58 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3143 on: January 03, 2021, 05:46:13 PM »
‘There are [but] two parties now: traitors and patriots.’
Ulysses S Grant, 1861