Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 391896 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #3256 on: January 10, 2021, 03:41:12 AM »
Advertisement
Latest Poll numbers:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jaw-dropping-poll-majority-of-republicans-blame-capitol-insurrection-on-joe-biden/ar-BB1cBSCR?ocid=msedgdhp

OK. At first glance, these statistics look pretty disheartening. They are certainly incredible. But the key is that 13% of the Republicans think that Trump is “A great deal to blame is a big deal” for the Capitol riot. If your average Pro-Trump politician was generally winning general elections 70% to 30%, this would be no big deal. But it’s usually much smaller. 52% to 48% or 56% to 44%. So, having 13% of your voter’s switch sides, is pretty catastrophic. That turns comfortable wins into loses, 45.5% to 54.5% or 49.5% to 50.5% loses.

I did imagine, before seeing this poll, that politicians like Ted Cruz wouldn’t even be able to get past the primary. I have overestimated the astuteness of the Republican voters by a great amount. Clearly, we can expect Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley to win their next primary. But the general election, that’s a different story. So, assuming this 13% don’t conclude in the next two years, that they were duped by fake news, these candidates are going to miss their 13% of the 2020 Republican base and I would expect them to lose their next general election to the Democratic candidate they will face. And in any case, their Presidential aspirations are done.

Another curious thing is that 2% of the Democrats find that Biden is a great deal to blame for the Capitol riots. It is well to remember that not all Democrats are white wine drinking, liberal minded people. To some of them, Donald Trump is a rock star. There is a great more diversity between the most extreme Democrats, or the most extreme Republicans, than there is between your average Democrat and your average Republican.

We know this Trump juggernaut is still being overrated by most people, Democrats as well as Republicans. By November 2020, it had eroded enough over the previous four years to cause him from barely winning an election (with the benefit of the Electoral College just putting him over the top) to losing by a pretty good margin, about the size as the average margin of victory in a Presidential Election. So, we see the following pattern.

November 2016 - Trump gets almost as many votes as Clinton, allowing a very close victory.

; four years past, with the last 8 months of ineffective leadership on dealing with COVID-19 and the big hit on the economy largely caused by COVID-19.

November 2020 – Trump loses by a fairly good margin. Two Republican senatorial candidates in Georgia get the most votes, as to be expected, but not quite 50%.

; Trump contests the election, with unsupported claims, which are increasingly shown to be false, like by manual recounts and court rejections.
; Trump is recorded over the phone threatening and cajoling the Georgia Secretary of State “11,780 votes”.
; Both Republican Candidates supports the Trump narrative, the election was stolen.

January 5 2021 – Both Republicans lose their election. Very close, but they lose. An amazing turn around in just two months, going against long historical trends in Georgia.

; Trump instigates a riot, which he was clearly calling upon for weeks that storms the Capitol.

While the decrease in Trump support is not near as large as one would expect, I am still confident that it will be catastrophic, for both Trump himself and any candidates that he endorses and who endorse him, and his campaign to take back the 2020 election.

Finally, it is also sobering, that the long-term survival of Democracy, is saved by a small sliver of voters who can recognize that they have been in error, about one in eight. If this sliver was much smaller, Democracy would be in serious peril. If democracy in America survives for the next hundred years, it will owe its survival to this small sliver, this one in eight voters, I suspect in both the Republican and Democratic parties, who won’t just stay the course even when their party runs off the rails. Let us give pause, and thank, this one in eight Americans. They are truly vital Americans. I wish there were more of them.

Seditious Donald lost the election in a blowout even with full Republican support. Any loss of percentages from 13-20% would make it a massive landslide which would include more House and Senate seats since the majority of these seditious GOP traitors are in lockstep with the orange scumbag. Those are votes the GOP will never get again. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3256 on: January 10, 2021, 03:41:12 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3257 on: January 10, 2021, 03:50:51 AM »

One of the great insights I got from the fake news during the last two months is:

Trust the poll workers.

Don’t trust the slick lawyers. And don’t trust the not the not so slick lawyers. Although, I guess when Giuliani’s hair dye ran down the sides of his face, he was being pretty slick. And don’t trust the ambitious politicians.

No. Trust the humble poll worker. Who goes into there job of tabulating votes or manually recounting ballots with a quiet glow of pride. Whether, in the 2020 election, or the 2000 election, where I supported Bush, and was nervously watching on TV Democratic officials carefully look at the undervote ballots one by one. I know of none who ever let me down.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3258 on: January 10, 2021, 04:08:32 AM »
More reports are coming out that this was a well funded and coordinated planned domestic terrorist attack. More of these terrorist maga thugs are being arrested.

This photo tells you all you need to know.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:13:44 AM by Rick Plant »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3258 on: January 10, 2021, 04:08:32 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3259 on: January 10, 2021, 05:07:47 AM »

Only One-In-Eight Republicans have turned against Donald Trump. And what keeps our Democracy is having those One-in-Eighters. I have no reason to believe that this One-in-Eight ratio is any different in the Democratic party than the Republican party.

And this brings up a question that I wish everyone would ponder:

Are you one of those One-in-Eight?

That is, one of those who voted for a man to be President, but turned against him when he lost the election but tried to steal it back with false claims?

Most Americans would say they are. And most Americans would be wrong.

I think I am one of those One-in-Eight, and here’s why. I never had a President, in my lifetime, who I thought was truly great.

If such a President was ever elected, and I thought he was truly great, finally the President we need, and he lost the next election, but tried to steal it back, would I turn against him? Or would I look for reasons to find that the election was indeed fraudulent? That’s a good question. I hope I never have to find out. But I think it is a moot question because I don’t think I will ever find such a President.

The President I held to the highest esteem, during my lifetime, a man whom I made certain I read his book in high school, ‘Six Crises’ (he should have waited a few years and then write ‘Seven Crises’) was my President, Richard Nixon. It appears I learned my lesson at an early age.

Man, it’s always natural to look back on your youth and say “That was the golden age. That was when America was truly great”. And in some ways, it was. A President could actually lose his job by committing a crime.

And what crime did Richard Nixon commit? Did he break into the Capitol so the Senators and Congressman could be kidnapped and forced to give him “Four More Years”? No, it was breaking into an empty Hotel suite. Where no one was killed, no one was injured, no one was even threatened because no one was there except a security guard. And for that, they forced him to resign.

I remember when to be a Watergate Criminal was considered to be the lowest from of life. What was the worst of them compared to the man who killed the police officer with a blow to the head with a fire extinguisher? Or who was among the bunch of others who pressed hard against a policeman nearly crushing him and causing him to scream and scream. Or who brought along some zip ties so he can have some fun with Nancy Pelosi. Why did we send those Watergate burglars to years in prison?

God, if Donald Trump ever becomes President again, I expect to see him break into Fort Knox. Why not?

“Man, you people are really great. I really love you. Don’t worry, you’ll get your share later.”
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 05:08:32 AM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3260 on: January 10, 2021, 05:12:05 AM »
More reports are coming out that this was a well funded and coordinated planned domestic terrorist attack. More of these terrorist maga thugs are being arrested.

This photo tells you all you need to know.

I mean come on Rick. Those were obviously leftist infiltrators. One of them is even wearing a mask? When’s the last time you saw a Trump supporter wearing a mask?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 05:17:10 AM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3260 on: January 10, 2021, 05:12:05 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3261 on: January 10, 2021, 06:14:43 AM »
I mean come on Rick. Those were obviously leftist infiltrators. One of them is even wearing a mask? When’s the last time you saw a Trump supporter wearing a mask?

I seriously hope you are attempting to make a bad joke. These are all maga thugs who attempted to overthrow the US Government at the direction of Donald Trump. There are no "leftist infiltrators" supporting a right wing coup to install Trump as the supreme dictator.     

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #3262 on: January 10, 2021, 06:38:31 AM »
Only One-In-Eight Republicans have turned against Donald Trump. And what keeps our Democracy is having those One-in-Eighters. I have no reason to believe that this One-in-Eight ratio is any different in the Democratic party than the Republican party.

And this brings up a question that I wish everyone would ponder:

Are you one of those One-in-Eight?

That is, one of those who voted for a man to be President, but turned against him when he lost the election but tried to steal it back with false claims?

Most Americans would say they are. And most Americans would be wrong.

I think I am one of those One-in-Eight, and here’s why. I never had a President, in my lifetime, who I thought was truly great.

If such a President was ever elected, and I thought he was truly great, finally the President we need, and he lost the next election, but tried to steal it back, would I turn against him? Or would I look for reasons to find that the election was indeed fraudulent? That’s a good question. I hope I never have to find out. But I think it is a moot question because I don’t think I will ever find such a President.

The President I held to the highest esteem, during my lifetime, a man whom I made certain I read his book in high school, ‘Six Crises’ (he should have waited a few years and then write ‘Seven Crises’) was my President, Richard Nixon. It appears I learned my lesson at an early age.

Man, it’s always natural to look back on your youth and say “That was the golden age. That was when America was truly great”. And in some ways, it was. A President could actually lose his job by committing a crime.

And what crime did Richard Nixon commit? Did he break into the Capitol so the Senators and Congressman could be kidnapped and forced to give him “Four More Years”? No, it was breaking into an empty Hotel suite. Where no one was killed, no one was injured, no one was even threatened because no one was there except a security guard. And for that, they forced him to resign.

I remember when to be a Watergate Criminal was considered to be the lowest from of life. What was the worst of them compared to the man who killed the police officer with a blow to the head with a fire extinguisher? Or who was among the bunch of others who pressed hard against a policeman nearly crushing him and causing him to scream and scream. Or who brought along some zip ties so he can have some fun with Nancy Pelosi. Why did we send those Watergate burglars to years in prison?

God, if Donald Trump ever becomes President again, I expect to see him break into Fort Knox. Why not?

“Man, you people are really great. I really love you. Don’t worry, you’ll get your share later.”

How much of the current situation lies at the feet of Nixon and those Republicans who adopted the Southern Strategy? To me Trumpism is just largely an extension of that cynical doctrine.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3263 on: January 10, 2021, 06:28:18 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3263 on: January 10, 2021, 06:28:18 PM »