Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2  (Read 339279 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Trump supporters and conspiracy theory - Part 2
« Reply #3080 on: December 31, 2020, 07:45:57 AM »
Advertisement

Yes, I agree with this.  Trump made a mistake framing this as "fraud."  There may have been some of that but the election was stolen not by fraud as it is commonly understood but by changing the rules of the election at the last minute without adequate safeguards in place for mail in ballots.  There was no way to confirm who was voting.  The numbers suggest that something odd happened during this election.  And there are enough of those votes in this election to change the outcome.  It won't happen, though.  The Supreme Court is not going to overturn the results of the election.  At best, they will place some reasonable limits on the ability of local officials to alter the rules for an election at the last minute in a way that is most advantageous for their preferred political party.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3080 on: December 31, 2020, 07:45:57 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3081 on: December 31, 2020, 07:52:23 AM »

There were something like 80 million votes for Old Joe.  A person who largely decided not to campaign.  A frail, old white guy who has run for president several times and never generated more than one percent of the democrat votes before dropping out of those races.  But suddenly he receives more votes than Reagan, JFK, Clinton, Obama or anyone who ever ran?  LOL.  And not by a small margin.  He exceeded Obama - a wildly popular and dynamic candidate - by something like 15 million votes.  Was it "fraud"?  Maybe not.  But the change to mail in voting was a significant alteration of the election process.

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3082 on: December 31, 2020, 01:52:58 PM »
No surprise that the orange idiot would find a way to screw up the vaccinations. 20 days and we can finally have real leadership and competence with President Joe Biden.   

America’s Vaccine Rollout Is Already a Disaster
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/americas-vaccine-rollout-disaster.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3082 on: December 31, 2020, 01:52:58 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #3083 on: December 31, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »
I didn’t find a quote from Luke Letlow about "need to learn to live with the virus".

While Republicans, in general (though not this Republican or I should say former Republican), have set bad examples for dealing with COVID-19, was Luke Letlow particularly bad in this regard?

He stated that at his rallies.

Offline Michael T. Griffith

« Reply #3084 on: December 31, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »
You don’t think claims of a “rigged” election or a Hunter Biden coverup qualify as conspiracy theories?

Those conspiracy theories, both of which are backed by lots of evidence, pale in comparison to the wholly fictional, totally bogus Russian collusion conspiracy theory that the Democrats peddled for the first half of Trump's presidency (until the tale got destroyed by the Mueller report, and then got destroyed even more thoroughly during the Senate impeachment trial).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3084 on: December 31, 2020, 04:38:06 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #3085 on: December 31, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
Those conspiracy theories, both of which are backed by lots of evidence, pale in comparison to the wholly fictional, totally bogus Russian collusion conspiracy theory that the Democrats peddled for the first half of Trump's presidency (until the tale got destroyed by the Mueller report, and then got destroyed even more thoroughly during the Senate impeachment trial).

Mueller not pursuing certain parts of the investigation isn't "destroying the tale"

And the Senate impeachment "trial" was a joke. The Republican hacks were too afraid to even call witnesses and the fix was in before the "trial" even began...

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3086 on: December 31, 2020, 06:04:29 PM »

Yes, I agree with this.  Trump made a mistake framing this as "fraud."  There may have been some of that but the election was stolen not by fraud as it is commonly understood but by changing the rules of the election at the last minute without adequate safeguards in place for mail in ballots.  There was no way to confirm who was voting.  The numbers suggest that something odd happened during this election.  And there are enough of those votes in this election to change the outcome.  It won't happen, though.  The Supreme Court is not going to overturn the results of the election.  At best, they will place some reasonable limits on the ability of local officials to alter the rules for an election at the last minute in a way that is most advantageous for their preferred political party.

Nothing here about a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy. Is Richard suggesting a large group of people conspirer together to made bogus ballots? Or a bunch of people, independently of each other, submitted a bogus ballot from a dead relative? Richard doesn’t say. Although his saying this should not be called “fraud” strongly implies he does not go along with the conspiracy possibility but leans toward the second possibility. How could he think there was a conspiracy to mail in bogus ballots and not consider it fraud?

To me, there is nothing suspicious in the large number of ballots or the large number of mail-in ballots. Making it easier to vote would naturally bump up the numbers a lot, especially if long voting lines, common in urban area, where Democratic candidates tend to do well, were suppressing the voting in the past.

As an aside, there was a case or two of people submitting an illegal ballot for a dead relative. Ironically, I believe this was only done to summit a vote for Trump. I don’t think this is a coincidence. Republicans have been alleging this sort of fraud for a while, so I guess some looney Republicans feel the need to counterbalance this “fraud”. Conversely, the Democrats have not been accusing the Republicans of this sort of fraud so Biden supporters see no need to do something similar.

Again, I see no sign of Richard Smith believing in a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy, the sort Allan Fritzke and Michael Griffith believe in.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3086 on: December 31, 2020, 06:04:29 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #3087 on: December 31, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »
Nothing here about a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy. Is Richard suggesting a large group of people conspirer together to made bogus ballots? Or a bunch of people, independently of each other, submitted a bogus ballot from a dead relative? Richard doesn’t say. Although his saying this should not be called “fraud” strongly implies he does not go along with the conspiracy possibility but leans toward the second possibility. How could he think there was a conspiracy to mail in bogus ballots and not consider it fraud?

To me, there is nothing suspicious in the large number of ballots or the large number of mail-in ballots. Making it easier to vote would naturally bump up the numbers a lot, especially if long voting lines, common in urban area, where Democratic candidates tend to do well, were suppressing the voting in the past.

As an aside, there was a case or two of people submitting an illegal ballot for a dead relative. Ironically, I believe this was only done to summit a vote for Trump. I don’t think this is a coincidence. Republicans have been alleging this sort of fraud for a while, so I guess some looney Republicans feel the need to counterbalance this “fraud”. Conversely, the Democrats have not been accusing the Republicans of this sort of fraud so Biden supporters see no need to do something similar.

Again, I see no sign of Richard Smith believing in a Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy, the sort Allan Fritzke and Michael Griffith believe in.
You're arguing semantics. Richard Smith repeats Trump propaganda ( lies) constantly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:11:23 PM by John Tonkovich »