Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The rifle Oswald should have used  (Read 6994 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The rifle Oswald should have used
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »
Advertisement
Someone who is allowed to practice with the Carcano they will ultimately be tested with. They can practice working the bolt for several hours, but only get 15 practice shots at a stationary target, like a cardboard box. Then wait at least 3 months after last touching the rifle.
Where is the evidence that LHO "practiced" shooting this rifle?
Hint....Marina did not witness any such practice.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
What Oswald actually said was "I don't know what dispatches you people have been given, but I emphatically deny these charges".

The quote I used was from the very end of Mytton’s post (which I quoted). It’s apparently a quote from Curry’s book. But your correction is probably accurate. I’m not interested in arguing about it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:46:34 PM by Charles Collins »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »
What Oswald actually said was "I don't know what dispatches you people have been given, but I emphatically deny these charges".

Doesn't that statement contradict the notion that Oswald assassinated the President in order to make a name for himself?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:59:02 PM by Joffrey van de Wiel »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2020, 11:25:05 PM »
Doesn't that statement contradict the notion that Oswald assassinated the President in order to make a name or himself?

Oswald knew exactly what he was doing, and here almost 57 years later he's still being talked about, will anybody be talking about any of us 57 years after we die?

JohnM

Offline Paul May

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2020, 11:32:22 PM »
The whole tale of Oswald as the lone gunman makes no sense. Oswald was highly intelligent. He spoke Russian like a native. He read voraciously. He made it to the second level of photo processing at Jaggars-Stovall. Yet, we are supposed to believe that, instead of just buying a rifle for a cheaper price at a local gun store and leaving no trail but a disputable ID by the gun store worker who sold him the gun--instead of doing this, we're supposed to believe that he ordered a WWII surplus rifle by mail using the fake name Hidell and left a paper trail a mile long back to himself, that he then shot JFK with a fake Hidell ID card in his wallet, that he hid the rifle but left the casings in plain view, that he shot Tippit and again left his casings in plain view (but supposedly "hid" his jacket), and that when he was arrested he still had the fake Hidell ID card on him!

You have to be extremely gullible to buy that tale.

On the contrary. One has to be a devout conspiracy type to believe the alternative. Being highly intelligent, which Oswald wasn’t has little to do with reality. Oswald was smart but he was also a fatalist. He wasn’t a deep thinker. In 1963 Oswald didn’t have two nickels to rub together. Why would he choose to be recognized in a gun or pawn shop? Yes, he read voraciously. What did he read? Spy novels and Ernest Hemingway. Per Robert Oswald, after the USMC, he wanted to live an adventurous life as Hemingway did. Hence, the Russia trip. He’d be a cheap mans James Bond. You complicate a simple story. The actual evidence proves that. Anybody can find conspiracy if they look hard enough. You appear to do exactly that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2020, 11:32:22 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2020, 11:38:54 PM »
Oswald knew exactly what he was doing, and here almost 57 years later he's still being talked about, will anybody be talking about any of us 57 years after we die?

JohnM

Yep, however I doubt that, if he had survived and was still around, LHO would be able to tolerate the fact that so many people believe that he was incapable of pulling it off alone. His brother Robert stated that he believes LHO would have eventually confessed. Even that wouldn’t convince everyone though.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 11:56:59 PM »

Yep, however I doubt that, if he had survived and was still around, LHO would be able to tolerate the fact that so many people believe that he was incapable of pulling it off alone. His brother Robert stated that he believes LHO would have eventually confessed. Even that wouldn’t convince everyone though.

I believe Oswald was waiting for a huge trial to expound his communist/Marxist theories, he previously tried in New Orleans with his leaflets and his radio debates and after this avenue fizzled he simply waited and killing JFK was his next best bet.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:05:45 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 12:28:36 AM »

Good posting. And accurate. I spoke with Robert in 1999. He made that exact point. Oswald craved notoriety. Upon arriving back in Ft.Worth from Russia in 1962, he was devastated there was no media at the airport to greet him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 12:28:36 AM »