Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The rifle Oswald should have used  (Read 6990 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The rifle Oswald should have used
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 03:04:27 AM »
Advertisement
Good posting. And accurate. I spoke with Robert in 1999. He made that exact point. Oswald craved notoriety. Upon arriving back in Ft.Worth from Russia in 1962, he was devastated there was no media at the airport to greet him.

I managed to find an online archive of Robert Oswald’s book Lee - A Portrait of Lee Harvey Oswald:

https://ia800904.us.archive.org/31/items/LeeAPortraitOfLeeHarveyOswald/Lee%3B%20A%20Portrait%20of%20Lee%20Harvey%20Oswald.pdf

I have been wanting to read this book for a while now. But it is out of print and I don’t want to pay the exorbitant price they are asking for a print copy of the book.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 03:05:29 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 03:04:27 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 05:58:34 AM »
Where is the evidence that LHO "practiced" shooting this rifle?
Hint....Marina did not witness any such practice.
I fail to see the answers pile up there.

I believe Oswald was waiting for a huge trial to expound his communist/Marxist theories, he previously tried in New Orleans with his leaflets and his radio debates and after this avenue fizzled he simply waited and killing JFK was his next best bet.
Talk about theories!...You come up with a brand new one every day :D
Wouldn't just shooting the president have been the next bet?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 07:35:05 AM »
Talk about theories!...You come up with a brand new one every day :D
Wouldn't just shooting the president have been the next bet?

Fritz was the one of the last people to spend considerable time with Oswald.

Mr. DULLES. Have you any views of your own as to motive from your talks with him? Did you get any clues as to possible motive in assassinating the President?
Mr. FRITZ. I can only tell you what little I know now. I am sure that we have people in Washington here that can tell far more than I can.
Mr. DULLES. Well, you saw the man and the others didn't see the man.
Mr. FRITZ. I got the impression, I got the impression that he was doing it because of his feeling about the Castro revolution, and I think that he felt, he had a lot of feeling about that revolution.
(At this point the Chief Justice entered the hearing room.)

Mr. FRITZ. I think that was the reason. I noticed another thing. I noticed a little before when Walker was shot, he had come out with some statements about Castro and about Cuba and a lot of things and if you will remember the President had some stories a few weeks before his death about Cuba and about Castro and some things, and I wondered if that didn't have some bearing. I have no way of knowing that other than just watching him and talking to him. I think it was his feeling about his belief in being a Marxist, I think he had--he told me he had debated in New Orleans, and that he tried to get converts to this Fair Play for Cuba organization, so I think that was his motive. I think he was doing it because of that.

Oswald in New Orleans handing out "Hands off Cuba" leaflets

Oswald's "Fair play for Cuba" membership card where he was also the Chapter President.

Three days before Oswald killed Kennedy, there was this newspaper article in the Dallas Times Herald of Kennedy saying that it would be a happy day if the Castro government was ousted.

Oswald's personal possessions had a number of positive Castro literature.

A week after the Dallas Herald Times reported that Walker wanted to  "liquidate the [communist] scourge that has descended upon the island of Cuba" Oswald ordered his rifle and not long after Oswald took photos of General Walkers house and a little later Oswald tried to kill General Walker.

In February 1963, Walker joined Billy Hargis on an anti-communist tour named "Operation Midnight Ride".[24] In a speech Walker made on March 5, reported in the Dallas Times Herald, he called on the United States military to "liquidate the [communist] scourge that has descended upon the island of Cuba."[25] Seven days later, Lee Harvey Oswald ordered a Carcano rifle by mail, using the alias "A. Hidell".[26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Walker

Do the Math!

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:38:30 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 07:35:05 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 12:21:59 PM »
Fritz was the one of the last people to spend considerable time with Oswald.

Mr. DULLES. Have you any views of your own as to motive from your talks with him? Did you get any clues as to possible motive in assassinating the President?
Mr. FRITZ. I can only tell you what little I know now. I am sure that we have people in Washington here that can tell far more than I can.
Mr. DULLES. Well, you saw the man and the others didn't see the man.
Mr. FRITZ. I got the impression, I got the impression that he was doing it because of his feeling about the Castro revolution, and I think that he felt, he had a lot of feeling about that revolution.
(At this point the Chief Justice entered the hearing room.)

Mr. FRITZ. I think that was the reason. I noticed another thing. I noticed a little before when Walker was shot, he had come out with some statements about Castro and about Cuba and a lot of things and if you will remember the President had some stories a few weeks before his death about Cuba and about Castro and some things, and I wondered if that didn't have some bearing. I have no way of knowing that other than just watching him and talking to him. I think it was his feeling about his belief in being a Marxist, I think he had--he told me he had debated in New Orleans, and that he tried to get converts to this Fair Play for Cuba organization, so I think that was his motive. I think he was doing it because of that.

Oswald in New Orleans handing out "Hands off Cuba" leaflets

Oswald's "Fair play for Cuba" membership card where he was also the Chapter President.

Three days before Oswald killed Kennedy, there was this newspaper article in the Dallas Times Herald of Kennedy saying that it would be a happy day if the Castro government was ousted.

Oswald's personal possessions had a number of positive Castro literature.

A week after the Dallas Herald Times reported that Walker wanted to  "liquidate the [communist] scourge that has descended upon the island of Cuba" Oswald ordered his rifle and not long after Oswald took photos of General Walkers house and a little later Oswald tried to kill General Walker.

In February 1963, Walker joined Billy Hargis on an anti-communist tour named "Operation Midnight Ride".[24] In a speech Walker made on March 5, reported in the Dallas Times Herald, he called on the United States military to "liquidate the [communist] scourge that has descended upon the island of Cuba."[25] Seven days later, Lee Harvey Oswald ordered a Carcano rifle by mail, using the alias "A. Hidell".[26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Walker

Do the Math!

JohnM

Great post!

I believe that Castro and Cuba were his main motives. LHO and Marina reportedly fought like cats and dogs quite regularly. So I doubt that her refusal to immediately move back in with him had much bearing on his decision. (Other than perhaps that he wanted to make her feel guilty about it.)

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »
Great post!

I believe that Castro and Cuba were his main motives. LHO and Marina reportedly fought like cats and dogs quite regularly. So I doubt that her refusal to immediately move back in with him had much bearing on his decision. (Other than perhaps that he wanted to make her feel guilty about it.)
Charles: Like you, I don't believe Oswald suddenly became "apolitical" on the day of the assassination. He was a political person throughout his adult life and he was deeply estranged from America. He repeatedly denounced the US economic and political systems (sometimes correctly such as segregation) and whether he was a "real" Marxist (as he understood the term) he certainly didn't like America.

However, we have the odd lack of planning for the assassination of JFK. In contrast to his planning for Walker. He retrieves his rifle the day before the assassination - he doesn't get it earlier to practice with it. He had four bullets. He gets a rid from Frazier. He keeps $15.

All of this is so sudden, so last second, so spur of the moment. If he had deeper reasons for killing JFK - such as Cuba and Castro (as I think he did) - then why act so last moment? There's little planning involved.

And to be fair to the Oswald defenders and their argument: He got damned lucky. He was able to be alone at just the right time, to have JFK pass right before him.  It does "look" like JFK was brought to him. Of course, this also makes any framing of Oswald difficult to believe. How would the framers know where Oswald was at the time of the shooting? How could they know he didn't have an alibi? In order to frame him he can't have an alibi.

The evidence for me is strong that he shot JFK. And the evidence for an alternate explanation is so weak and the explanation so complicated and convoluted as to belie logic. This was faked and that was faked and this was planted and that was planted. Good lord, it's absurd; layer upon layer upon layer of fakery.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2020, 04:57:57 PM »
Charles: Like you, I don't believe Oswald suddenly became "apolitical" on the day of the assassination. He was a political person throughout his adult life and he was deeply estranged from America. He repeatedly denounced the US economic and political systems (sometimes correctly such as segregation) and whether he was a "real" Marxist (as he understood the term) he certainly didn't like America.

However, we have the odd lack of planning for the assassination of JFK. In contrast to his planning for Walker. He retrieves his rifle the day before the assassination - he doesn't get it earlier to practice with it. He had four bullets. He gets a rid from Frazier. He keeps $15.

All of this is so sudden, so last second, so spur of the moment. If he had deeper reasons for killing JFK - such as Cuba and Castro (as I think he did) - then why act so last moment? There's little planning involved.

And to be fair to the Oswald defenders and their argument: He got damned lucky. He was able to be alone at just the right time, to have JFK pass right before him.  It does "look" like JFK was brought to him. Of course, this also makes any framing of Oswald difficult to believe. How would the framers know where Oswald was at the time of the shooting? How could they know he didn't have an alibi? In order to frame him he can't have an alibi.

The evidence for me is strong that he shot JFK. And the evidence for an alternate explanation is so weak and the explanation so complicated and convoluted as to belie logic. This was faked and that was faked and this was planted and that was planted. Good lord, it's absurd; layer upon layer upon layer of fakery.

In my opinion, the lack of planning was due to a limited time frame. Odds are that he only learned that the motorcade would be passing by the TSBD from the newspaper reports a few days before it did. And I imagine that he planned it all out in the limited hours that he had. It fell into his lap and was just too tempting to resist. He planned well, I think that if someone had remained on the sixth floor, unless they came into the nest behind the boxes he could have remained quiet until the shooting began and probably not been detected.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 10:35:24 PM »
In my opinion, the lack of planning.... He planned well
"..the lack of planning.... He planned well" 

Seriously?

However, we have the odd lack of planning for the assassination of JFK. In contrast to his planning for Walker. He retrieves his rifle the day before the assassination

If everything was so poorly planned for JFK...Why was it so allegedly successful?
We grew some new theories overnight didn't we :D 
Oh I forgot to add...If Oswald planned so well for Walker...Why didn't he get him?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:37:57 PM by Jerry Freeman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »
I managed to find an online archive of Robert Oswald’s book Lee - A Portrait of Lee Harvey Oswald:
https://ia800904.us.archive.org/31/items/LeeAPortraitOfLeeHarveyOswald/Lee%3B%20A%20Portrait%20of%20Lee%20Harvey%20Oswald.pdf
See page 169 [where the Feds bullied Marina around]

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »