Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: SURPLUS CARCANO MODEL 91 TS RIFLE 6.5X52MM - USED SURPLUS CONDITION  (Read 8872 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: SURPLUS CARCANO MODEL 91 TS RIFLE 6.5X52MM - USED SURPLUS CONDITION
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
Advertisement
The BY photo  (CE 133A ) does in fact show a model 91/38 carcano in Lee Oswald's hands....

There isn't enough detail in the existing photo to identify this so specifically.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2021, 09:52:21 PM »
Are you aware of the reason that Lee wanted to talk to the FBI after his arrest in New Orleans?.

No, but the fact that he did want to talk to the FBI is very unusual.

Guy Bannister had gave Lee some some booklets that he had in his office..... Lee's mission when he went to NO was to find out who was supplying the arms and training for the Cuban exiles who were attacking Cuba.  Lee had gathered enough information so he could report what he had found.   Lee knew that Bannister was the leader of the New Orleans band of renegades.   Something that Bannister had stamped inside the back cover of the booklet revealed that the operation was being run out of 544 Camp street ( Bannister's office)   Lee kept one of the booklets that Bannister had gave him and he showed that booklet with Bannister's address stamped inside to the FBI agent who showed up at the NO jail.    BIG MISTAKE!....  FBI agent Warren De Brueys and Guy Bannister were close friends so Bannister learned immediately that Lee Oswald was a spy and a snitch.

Cool story, bro.  Did you make that up yourself?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2021, 09:57:03 PM »
To address the topic...Should someone happen to buy a case of these Carcano rifles? I would gladly like to purchase one.

Jerry, I believe that you are a member who would benefit greatly from owning a carcano...  Send me a PM.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2021, 09:57:03 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2021, 01:05:18 AM »
To address the topic...Should someone happen to buy a case of these Carcano rifles? I would gladly like to purchase one.

Jerry, you can purchase one from Palmetto State Armory:

* https://palmettostatearmory.com/surplus-carcano-model-91-ts-rifle-6-5x52mm.html

They are apparently still on sale for $120.00 off the normal price. This is the reason that I posted the link to the webpage in the original post. Please let us know if you get one.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2021, 04:27:26 AM »

* https://palmettostatearmory.com/surplus-carcano-model-91-ts-rifle-6-5x52mm.html

They are apparently still on sale for $120.00 off the normal price. This is the reason that I posted the link to the webpage in the original post. Please let us know if you get one.

They've been in storage for 50 years.....  Very interesting....  Back in the early sixties the CIA had acquired  boat loads of carcanos ( they probably were captured Italian army rifles that had been in storage in italy since 1943) *

They issued them to the Cuban exiles who they were training to invade Cuba ( there are films that show the cubans in Florida training with carcanos. )  After JFK ordered the training halted they probably stored the carcanos, and now someone has found the stored rifles and is offering them for sale.

* General Walker commanded troops in Italy at the time Italy surrendered ...He would have been in position to know where the captured carcanos were stored. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2021, 04:27:26 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2021, 04:45:44 AM »
After seeing some of the pictures I think I'll pass.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2021, 12:25:28 PM »
They've been in storage for 50 years.....  Very interesting....  Back in the early sixties the CIA had acquired  boat loads of carcanos ( they probably were captured Italian army rifles that had been in storage in italy since 1943) *

They issued them to the Cuban exiles who they were training to invade Cuba ( there are films that show the cubans in Florida training with carcanos. )  After JFK ordered the training halted they probably stored the carcanos, and now someone has found the stored rifles and is offering them for sale.

* General Walker commanded troops in Italy at the time Italy surrendered ...He would have been in position to know where the captured carcanos were stored.

These have been stored in Ethiopia according to the Palmetto State Armory website. I would assume that they were originally purchased by Ethiopia for its military from Italy. It seems like I might have read that somewhere. But my memory could be off.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2021, 12:25:28 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2021, 12:26:49 PM »
After seeing some of the pictures I think I'll pass.

I understand completely.