Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case  (Read 53220 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Youtube Interview I Did, Tippit Case
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2021, 11:25:59 PM »
Advertisement
"Propaganda piece"?

Listening to his two and a half hour interview on the subject I was impressed by his command of the details, the arguments he brought together using the evidence available, and his interaction with the interviewer. He came across as knowledgeable and authoritative on this subject. However, I then wrote:
"I have to qualify that by saying I've not really looked into the Tippit shooting in any great detail and am totally open to hearing a counter-narrative that encompasses the available witness statements and evidence."
I qualified the impressions I had of the interview by openly stating my own lack of knowledge on the subject and my willingness to be swayed by an opposing opinion.
You didn't recognise the honesty of this statement which says something about you, not me.

You can't even answer one simple question.
I've answered every question you've asked of me.

In this scenario it is clearly the first narrative that holds sway.

If you don't answer my question this conversation is over.

In this scenario it is clearly the first narrative that holds sway.

These scenarios were about the Tippit shooting.
The second narrative is the one Bill Brown is advocating. Go figure!

Thanks for the conversation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2021, 11:25:59 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:36 AM »
Moving on...

Regarding the list of "errors", I'll address a few of them here, one at a time....

1. Bill said Burt “saw Oswald”, but Burt said he couldn’t identify Oswald.

I did not say that Burt identified Oswald.  In fact, I specifically said (more than once) that Burt did not identify Oswald.  I did say that Burt saw Oswald, because he did see Oswald.  Burt saw the same man seen by Markham, Scoggins and each of the Davis girls.  All four of them said the man was Oswald, i.e. Burt saw Oswald, exactly as I said.

This does not belong on any list of "errors".

Yes it does.  That's begging the question.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2021, 01:16:21 AM »
These are the same contrarian nuts who believe that a date on a meaningless form could not be incorrect but suggest here that the FBI "misheard" a witness on an important issue.

Says the contrarian nut who prefers a second-hand account when it suits his conclusion.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2021, 01:16:21 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2021, 01:31:36 AM »
And, of course, there is not just eyewitness ID of Oswald as the shooter.

Only one witness saw a shooting.  And unfair biased lineups and photo showups are unreliable.

Oswald has the same two brands of ammo on him when arrested that were used to kill Tippit.

Can you name another brand of .38 special ammo in 1963 other than Winchester-Western and Remington-Peters?  What are the odds? 

P.S. The ammo "found" 3 hours later in his pockets were all Winchesters
P.P.S. What are the odds that the brands of the shells would not match the brands of the slugs if the shells were actually related to the crime?

What are the odds Oswald is even carrying a pistol on him when arrested at the TT if he had nothing to do with this?

Says the guy who can't actually demonstrate what if any "pistol" was "on him" when arrested.

It is laughable.

Your arguments usually are.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2021, 01:33:16 AM »
You attack the evidence as circumstantial,

That's not an "attack", it's just a fact.

dismiss direct evidence as unreliable,

What direct evidence are you speaking of?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2021, 01:33:16 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2021, 02:01:58 AM »
JFK Truth Be Told

It's a playground for an arrogant mutual admiration society of LN-ers who think they have it all figured out, refuse to discuss any of the evidence in detail, mock people who dare to disagree without actually addressing the substance of the argument, and use trumped-up and inconsistent rules to punish people they don't like.  I'm not talking about Bill Brown.  He was the most impartial and knowledgeable moderators they had.

A much more balanced and fairly run group for all sides is JFK: Nothing But The Truth

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2021, 04:14:59 AM »
Too bad for Oswald that he was seen looking like himself while killing Tippit.

And carrying 'on him' is what boys do.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:01:26 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2021, 04:14:59 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #335 on: May 06, 2021, 06:31:50 AM »
Hi Bill,

A random question for you.
Is it feasible for Oswald to have reached his rooming house as early as 12:50 PM?

Dan,

I don't think so.  They reconstructed Oswald's steps (with the help of Cecil McWatters and William Whaley) in an attempt the determine the absolute earliest that Oswald could have reached the rooming house.

Based on McWatters' statement of where it was that Oswald boarded the bus (we know Oswald boarded that bus because he had McWatters' specific bus transfer and McWatters said he issued that transfer to only one woman and only one man), Oswald walked about seven blocks east (into the downtown area) after he left the Depository within three minutes of the shooting.

"So I gave her a transfer and opened the door and she was going out the gentleman I had picked up about two blocks (back) asked for a transfer and got off at the same place in the middle of the block where the lady did.  It was the intersection near Lamar Street, it was near Poydras and Lamar Street." -- Cecil McWatters

They concluded, based on what McWatters told them (along with the Secret Service agents and FBI agents walking the route in an average time of six and a half minutes), that Oswald boarded the bus around 12:40 near the intersection of Field St. and Elm St. and then, after being on the bus for no more than four minutes, Oswald got off the bus near Lamar St. and Elm St. (asking for the transfer as he got off the bus).

So now we have Oswald leaving the bus around 12:44.

Oswald then walked three to four short blocks to the Greyhound station where he boarded Whaley's cab.  This has Oswald entering the cab around 12:48.

They then, with Whaley, reconstructed the cab ride from the Greyhound to the intersection of Beckley and Neely (Oswald got out of the cab on Beckley just north of the intersection with Neely).  they concluded (using a stopwatch) that the cab ride took five minutes and thirty seconds.

So now we have Oswald exiting Whaley's cab on Beckley at 12:53-12:54.

Still using the stopwatch, they concluded that it was a five minute and forty-five second walk from the point Oswald exited the cab back to the rooming house.

I think Oswald got to the rooming house between 12:58 and 1:00 and was back in his room just long enough to grab a jacket before hurrying out the door, zipping up a jacket as he went out the door.