Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald, Depository To Rooming House  (Read 8359 times)

Offline Dan O'meara

Re: Oswald, Depository To Rooming House
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2021, 02:58:33 AM »
Advertisement
Hilarious. It's amazing just how much desperation you LNs put into trying to destroy a witness who you subsequently want to rely on for the jacket issue.

"Actually, I consider Roberts to be one of the most unreliable witnesses in this case."

Your words, not mine.
And you didn't even realise John was disagreeing with you  ::)

The one who is guessing is you. Her choice of words is just convenient for you. If she was really guessing she would most likely have said something like "it probably was after 1 PM". Her use of "it must have been" is clear affirmation of her belief that it was indeed after 1 PM.

The only reason why you don't want to accept the "after 1 PM" comment is because that just about destroys any possibility for Oswald to have enough time to get to 10th/Patton to kill Tippit, even if he ran. That's the extent of your desperation.

Note how you'll tackle my first point about her saying "it must have been" but forget to tackle the qualification of her guess - "because it was after President Kennedy had been shot"
It doesn't make sense, does it?
Why should it be after 1PM just because it is after JFK was shot?
She didn't say it was after 1 PM because she looked at a clock or because the 1 PM news was on.
She is clearly guessing at the time.
But that doesn't suit your doomed theory.

No, you haven't answered it at all. You have first tried to spin it in such a way that Roberts switched on the TV (presumably after her friend called) and saw the first special bulletin at 12:40.

Which was of course absolute BS simply because if Roberts saw the first bulletin, where did the friend get the information about the shooting from?
Ever since then you have been trying to spin this thing in every imaginary way you can to somehow get to a coherent narrative and you have failed every time.

I am beginning to wonder just how old you are, but back in the early sixties a television set needed to warm up (for lack of a better term) before providing a stable picture. Once the set was heated up you had no such problems. You assumption (because that's what it is) is that Oswald came in when Roberts was "trying to find out more news" presumably by changing channels, but that was not what she said in her testimony and/or video interviews. In fact you just made it up.

How devious you are.
Using a very early post to try and win your point and ignoring the following post after I had found the actual channel, uncut, that Roberts states she was watching that day.
Where I discovered there were three bulletins.

This is from Reply #2506

My first port of call was David Von Pein's website, an invaluable research tool. Without genuine researchers such as David, Robin Unger and Pat Speer a novice such as myself wouldn't have a clue what to do. It's all been done for me.
From there I found a video of the CBS channel showing it's contents uncut from just after the time of the assassination. This is the channel Roberts was watching according to her interview. It starts with As The World Turns, a popular soap opera. A quick Google search of the show threw up this image:

These are the two actors in the opening sequence of the video confirming it is As The World Turns.

I found a timestamp at 58:50 in the video where Walter states that JFK died at 1:00 PM "some thirty eight minutes ago".
Therefore 58:50 on the video = 1:38 PM in "real time" [RT] (obviously this is not to the second, just an approximation. But a close one)
The following analysis of the first part of the video is based on this approximate timestamp.

0:00  [ 12:39.10 RT ] -- "As The World Turns" is on
1:50  [ 12:41 RT ]     --  The first bulletin flashes on (this is the one shown in the Roberts interview)
2:50  [ 12:42 RT ]     --  First bulletin ends, followed by various ads
4:57  [ 12:44.07 RT ] -- Second Bulletin flashes on
7:08  [ 12:46.18 RT ] -- Second Bulletin finishes and "As The World Turns" resumes
8:50  [ 12:48 RT ]     --  "As The World Turns" goes into an ad break
9:34  [ 12:48.44 RT ] -- Third bulletin begins. This runs continuously until the 1:00 PM news comes on with Walter Cronkite

My best interpretation of Roberts testimony and the interview she gave is that her friend sees either the first or second Bulletin and rings Roberts to tell her the news.
Roberts switches on the TV and "As The World Turns" is on which goes into an ad break shortly after which the third and final bulletin comes on. This is the bulletin Roberts reports seeing. This bulletin begins around 12:49 PM. For whatever reason her TV starts playing up and she has to try to fix it. She can hear the report but the picture isn't any good. It is around this time Oswald comes in.

Remember - this is my best, most honest interpretation. It's not the only interpretation and it doesn't account for every statement Roberts made in her various testimonies and interviews, but it accounts for a lot of them.
Obviously the timings are not perfect to the second but they are probably within a minute.

You seem to think Roberts' friend was getting the scoop about JFK's death straight from Parkland.
I think her friend saw the first or, possibly, second bulletin,
Phoned Roberts and told her about the news,
Roberts switched on the TV,
"As The World Turns" was on after which the third bulletin came on and it was this one Roberts saw.
A far more likely possibility than Roberts' friend with the hotline to Parkland.

What Roberts really said was that she turned on the television (after her friend's call) and that she had the sound and was trying to get a better picture when Oswald came in. Her turning on the television and trying to get a better picture describes exactly how, in those early days, televisions worked.

This is what Roberts really said:

ROBERTS - I was watching "As The World Turns", it comes on from twelve thirty 'til one, And it'd been on a few minutes and they says a...a "Special Bulletin".
Well I was listening, I had the television on listening, trying to find out what happened to President Kennedy when he [Oswald] came in. It must have been after one o'clock because... he come in and...(unintelligible)... I was trying to clear it up and he come in, he wasn't running he was just in a fast walk.

INTERVIEWER - Now when he came in that day, you were trying to fix the television set, did you say anything to him about the President being shot or not?

ROBERTS - No sir, I just said "Oh you sure are in a hurry"

She was watching as "As The World Turns", there was a bulletin, then she was trying to clear the picture up and Oswald came in.
Her words.
Not mine.

You really need to find another hobby, because you are not very good at this stuff....

I've burned you so many times on this I might have to start calling you "Crispy".

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 02:59:39 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2021, 02:58:33 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 03:26:31 AM »
"Actually, I consider Roberts to be one of the most unreliable witnesses in this case."

Your words, not mine.
And you didn't even realise John was disagreeing with you  ::)

Note how you'll tackle my first point about her saying "it must have been" but forget to tackle the qualification of her guess - "because it was after President Kennedy had been shot"
Why should it be after 1PM just because it is after JFK was shot?
She didn't say it was after 1 PM because she looked at a clock or because the 1 PM news was on.
But that doesn't suit your doomed theory.

How devious you are.
Using a very early post to try and win your point and ignoring the following post after I had found the actual channel, uncut, that Roberts states she was watching that day.

This is from Reply #2506

You seem to think Roberts' friend was getting the scoop about JFK's death straight from Parkland.
"As The World Turns" was on after which the third bulletin came on and it was this one Roberts saw.
A far more likely possibility than Roberts' friend with the hotline to Parkland.

This is what Roberts really said:

ROBERTS - I was watching "As The World Turns", it comes on from twelve thirty 'til one, And it'd been on a few minutes and they says a...a "Special Bulletin".
Well I was listening, I had the television on listening, trying to find out what happened to President Kennedy when he [Oswald] came in. It must have been after one o'clock because... he come in and...(unintelligible)... I was trying to clear it up and he come in, he wasn't running he was just in a fast walk.

INTERVIEWER - Now when he came in that day, you were trying to fix the television set, did you say anything to him about the President being shot or not?

ROBERTS - No sir, I just said "Oh you sure are in a hurry"

She was watching as "As The World Turns", there was a bulletin, then she was trying to clear the picture up and Oswald came in.
Her words.
Not mine.

I've burned you so many times on this I might have to start calling you "Crispy".

Your words, not mine.

Indeed, and I stand by them. But even an unreliable witness can say something that's true.

Of course it makes sense. Kennedy was shot at 12:30, so it was obviously after Kennedy was shot that her friend called her.

How devious you are.

So what, your first post shows beyond a doubt that you have been adapting your fairytale story whenever you found out something new. So, what you wrote in your first post was wrong.... why would any of the subsequent posts be correct? Tomorrow you might find out something new (to you) again and change your story again. It's pathetic.

This is from Reply #2506

So, now she saw the third bulletin and not the first one... Yeah right! And btw, all this BS of Roberts' friend having a hotline to Parkland is all BS you made up as well. It just shows how low you will go to desperately score a point.

Yes, that's what she said in the video and it doesn't compute with her seeing the third bulletin, after her friend called, because she clearly says that "As the world turns" had been on a few minutes when the special bulletin came on. This would imply that she actually saw the first bulletin. And of course there is no mention of her friend's phonecall.

Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on." I went and turned it on and I was trying to clear it up---I could hear them talking but I couldn't get the picture and he come in and I just looked up and I said, "Oh, you are in a hurry." He never said a thing, not nothing. He went on to his room and stayed about 3 or 4 minutes.

Her words.
Not mine.

No. Not her words. They are yours. You made it up.

She said she turned on the television and was trying to clear the picture up when Oswald came in.

She did not say that she was trying to clear up the picture after having watched a bulletin, as you seem to be claiming.

All you have show is utter dishonesty, flip flopping on the issue whenever the need arises, making stuff up and blatantly misrepresenting what Roberts actually said.

But, by all means, keep the ad homs coming. They only expose the weakness of your arguments.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 09:59:01 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »
Indeed, and I stand by them. But even an unreliable witness can say something that's true.

[Why should it be after 1PM just because it is after JFK was shot?
But that doesn't suit your doomed theory.]

Of course it makes sense. Kennedy was shot at 12:30, so it was obviously after Kennedy was shot that here friend called her.

:D
Don't you ever listen to yourself?
Don't you have any idea how crazy you sound?
This is the logic of your argument -
You think it makes sense that when Roberts says it was after 1PM because it was after JFK was shot. And the reason you think it makes sense is because JFK was shot at 12:30 PM!!
It could have been 12:55 PM or 12:58 PM or any time after JFK was shot.
12:55 PM is after JFK was shot.
Here's what you don't understand - just because it was after JFK was shot, doesn't mean it was after 1PM!!
You must surely understand this most simple point.
You must surely agree that when Roberts says it was after JFK was shot, this doen't "prove" it was after 1 PM.
Even you must see this.
Or is it the case that no matter what evidence or argument is presented to you, you are not going to change your mind.
The true hallmark of the Tinfoil mentality

How devious you are.

So what, your first post shows beyond a doubt that you have been adapting your fairytale story whenever you found out something new. So, what you wrote in your first post was wrong.... why would any of the subsequent posts be correct? Tomorrow you might find out something new (to you) again and change your story again. It's pathetic.

"Tomorrow you might find out something new...and change your story again."

That you honestly believe this is a criticism or a weakness says it all.
This says it all about your inflexible Tinfoil mentality.
As far as your concerned, it doesn't matter if you find out something new because you won't be changing your mind.
That is weakness!!
That is a profound weakness of mind.
But you don't see that, do you?
Now that is truly pathetic.

This is from Reply #2506

So, now she saw the third bulletin and not the first one... Yeah right! And btw, all this BS of Roberts' friend having a hotline to Parkland is all BS you made up as well. It just shows how low you will go to desperately score a point.

"Yeah right!"

What a brilliant counter-argument  ::)
How insightful.
And the stuff about the Parkland hotline can be found a few pages back where you destroyed your own theory trying to win a point then tried to dig yourself out of one of the many holes you've dug for yourself.
In fact, you've dug so many holes I might have to start calling you The Mole.

Yes, that's what she said in the video and it doesn't compute with her seeing the third bulletin, after her friend called, because she clearly says that "As the world turns" had been on a few minutes when the special bulletin came on. This would imply that she actually saw the first bulletin. And of course there is no mention of her friend's phonecall.

No it doesn't brain boy.
Go back and read the analysis again - before the third bulletin "As The World Turns" is playing.
In fact, why don't you actually watch the video before commenting.
You might learn something new (Oh yeah...I forgot...you're not interested in learning anything new)

Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on." I went and turned it on and I was trying to clear it up---I could hear them talking but I couldn't get the picture and he come in and I just looked up and I said, "Oh, you are in a hurry." He never said a thing, not nothing. He went on to his room and stayed about 3 or 4 minutes.

Her words.
Not mine.

No. Not her words. They are yours. You made it up.

She said she turned on the television and was trying to clear the picture up when Oswald came in.

She did not say that she was trying to clear up the picture after having watched a bulletin, as you seem to be claiming.

"No. Not her words. They are yours. You made it up"

They literally are her words.
They are literally what she, herself, says in the interview.
I wrote a transcript of the relevant part of the interview.
You can go back and watch the interview yourself.
These are her words.
The only reason you think I've made it up is because you've not actually read my post properly.
An error you've made time and time again.
I get the impression you are a very old man.

All you have show is utter dishonesty, flip flopping on the issue whenever the need arises, making stuff up and blatantly misrepresenting what Roberts actually said.

But, by all means, keep the ad homs coming. They only expose the weakness of your arguments.

"...by all means, keep the ad homs coming..."

Will do Crispy Mole Brain Boy

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 10:56:38 AM »
:D
Don't you ever listen to yourself?
Don't you have any idea how crazy you sound?
This is the logic of your argument -
You think it makes sense that when Roberts says it was after 1PM because it was after JFK was shot. And the reason you think it makes sense is because JFK was shot at 12:30 PM!!
It could have been 12:55 PM or 12:58 PM or any time after JFK was shot.
12:55 PM is after JFK was shot.
Here's what you don't understand - just because it was after JFK was shot, doesn't mean it was after 1PM!!
You must surely understand this most simple point.
You must surely agree that when Roberts says it was after JFK was shot, this doen't "prove" it was after 1 PM.
Even you must see this.
Or is it the case that no matter what evidence or argument is presented to you, you are not going to change your mind.
The true hallmark of the Tinfoil mentality

Nobody said that

Nobody said that either. These are just silly strawman arguments.

You are, rather pathetically, trying to make an issue out of something that isn't one. It's not the first time you've done that, and it probably won't be the last.

Roberts was using the words "it was after Kennedy was shot" because the events we are discussing took place after Kennedy was shot. Most people don't select their words carefully, just in case some fool might want to read something into them some half a decade + later!

"Tomorrow you might find out something new...and change your story again."

That you honestly believe this is a criticism or a weakness says it all.
This says it all about your inflexible Tinfoil mentality.
As far as your concerned, it doesn't matter if you find out something new because you won't be changing your mind.
That is weakness!!
That is a profound weakness of mind.
But you don't see that, do you?
Now that is truly pathetic.

Who says it was a criticism or a weakness? It merely exposed you as a person who first makes his mind up about something and then starts to look for evidence that might support that decision. It's not about changing your or my mind either. It's about you desperately trying to find an argument that will stick. It's utter dishonesty.

"Yeah right!"

What a brilliant counter-argument  ::)
How insightful.
And the stuff about the Parkland hotline can be found a few pages back where you destroyed your own theory trying to win a point then tried to dig yourself out of one of the many holes you've dug for yourself.
In fact, you've dug so many holes I might have to start calling you The Mole.

Keep the ad homs coming. It exposes your frustration and lack of coherent counter arguments. I did not destroy my own theory. You, rather stupidly, tried to claim I had done that and you used this Parkland hotline crap. I couldn't be bothered to reply to it back then, because I could not imagine that you were taking such a pathetic argument, that you made up, seriously, but it seems I was wrong and you are actually taking it seriously. How sad.....

No it doesn't brain boy.
Go back and read the analysis again - before the third bulletin "As The World Turns" is playing.
In fact, why don't you actually watch the video before commenting.
You might learn something new (Oh yeah...I forgot...you're not interested in learning anything new)

Oh boy.... you really are in desperate need of some help. First of all, stop being such a smug. You're not nearly as clever as you think you are. Secondly, let's see if you can wrap your head around this;

We are basically dealing with two videos in which Roberts says something different.

In the first video she says she was watching "as the world turns" when a bulletin came on about Kennedy being shot. There is no mention of her friend calling her by phone or her switching on the television. That's the video you want to rely on.

In another video, that you want to ignore, which is also posted in the Cop Killer thread, Roberts says that a friend called her and said that Kennedy was killed and that she should turn on the television, which is what she did. She already had the sound but not a stable picture and was trying to fix it when Oswald came in.

Clearly both these statements can't be true. So, in order to find out what actually happened you need to look at what Roberts said under oath in her testimony;

So, unless Roberts lied under oath, she was not watching "as the world turns" and she did not know Kennedy had been shot until her friend called her and she switched the television on. When she did, "as the world turns" was probably still on and was shortly after that followed by a news bulletin. This is how the discrepancy between the two statements most likely happened. Or is that over your head? In the video you want to rely on, she simply did not mention how it came to be that she switched the television on "after Kennedy was shot" or perhaps it was simply edited out.

I find it completely amazing that you are so desperately clinging to some words spontaneously spoken in a brief conversation and try to pretend that they are 100% accurate and complete, as if normal persons are always 100% accurate and complete in everything they say.

There are two more comments to make. Your entire theory that Roberts watched either the first, the second or the third special bulletin is nothing more than that; an extremely bad theory. There is no evidence for it whatsoever. You are just making it up and are completely ignoring the possibility that Roberts got the phone call from her friend and turned on the television just as "as the world turned" came to an end and was followed by the news at 1PM. This scenario fits your theory just as well! Ever thought of that, genius?

And secondly, in her testimony Roberts placed the time that Oswald came in at "around 1 o'clock"

Mr. BALL. Can you tell me what time it was approximately that Oswald came in?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Now, it must have been around 1 o'clock, or maybe a little after, because it was after President Kennedy had been shot-what time I wouldn't want to say because

and in the video you want to rely on she said "it must have been after 1 o'clock".

The expression "it must have been" is not an estimate, it's an affirmative statement!

Nowhere does she say he came in earlier than 1 o'clock! Try dealing with facts for once rather than your imaginations.

"No. Not her words. They are yours. You made it up"

They literally are her words.
They are literally what she, herself, says in the interview.
I wrote a transcript of the relevant part of the interview.
You can go back and watch the interview yourself.
These are her words.
The only reason you think I've made it up is because you've not actually read my post properly.
An error you've made time and time again.
I get the impression you are a very old man.

Stop being so dishonest. She never made the connection between watching "as the world turned" and trying to clean up the picture. You are the one who is falsely conflating the two comments into one in order to somehow score a point. It's really pathetic.

"...by all means, keep the ad homs coming..."

Will do Crispy Mole Brain Boy

Thank you for showing just how little of an adult you truly are.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 01:50:51 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 07:07:05 PM »
Makes sense. As for "after 1 o'clock"...

affirmative statements can be wrong. As she does not (or it was edited out) elaborate further it's impossible to verify if she was correct or not. It is what it is....

Why O'meara keeps As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.'ing over this is a mystery to me. I would be MUCH more concerned with the statement she made on December 5, 1963, to the secret service (7H439):

That was quick -- LOL

Thanks for emphasising Roberts' trouble with timekeeping  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 07:07:05 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 07:27:53 PM »
Notice Dan  says nothing about the secret service being there in half an hour

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 07:34:00 PM »

He is very selective about what he wants to talk about or consider and what he prefers to ignore or misunderstand.

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 11:14:38 PM »

What am I supposed to say Ray?
Apart from the Secret Service never went to Roberts' home on the day of the assassination.
Do you know what you're talking about Ray?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 11:21:23 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 11:14:38 PM »