Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: False Witness Vs On The Trail of Delusion  (Read 3959 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: False Witness Vs On The Trail of Delusion
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »
Advertisement
Both of these books are probably the two leading books dismantling the case that Jim Garrison made against Clay Shaw. The question is - what is the difference between these two books and which one is better? Or perhaps there is a third option and both books should be read (if they both offer something unique). But I would prefer to read only one book on this topic as Jim Garrison seems to be a fraud so I don't want him taking up too much of my time.

Here is a video promo for "On The Trail of Delusion":

And here is the documentary that was made based on Patricia Lamberts book "False Witness":

I have only read “False Witness” and will agree with Fred that it is a terrific book. It is well written, so I stayed interested throughout the book. And it seemed to thoroughly dispel any ideas that Garrison was on to the truth. So I don’t have a desire to dig into this subject any further. That said, “On The Trail of Delusion” does sound like it provides some additional information. So, if I ever change my mind and want to dig some more on this subject, it sounds like a good place to start. Maybe someone who has read both books will chime in?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »
Both of these books are probably the two leading books dismantling the case that Jim Garrison made against Clay Shaw. The question is - what is the difference between these two books and which one is better? Or perhaps there is a third option and both books should be read (if they both offer something unique). But I would prefer to read only one book on this topic as Jim Garrison seems to be a fraud so I don't want him taking up too much of my time.

Here is a video promo for "On The Trail of Delusion":

And here is the documentary that was made based on Patricia Lamberts book "False Witness":

As Fred Litwin pointed out above, the Lambert book focuses almost exclusively on the Clay Shaw trial and investigation by Garrison and little else. If you want to read about Garrison's other outrageous and corrupt behavior during the matter - his other claims about the CIA and a long list of people he smeared and defamed - then it's probably better to read Mr. Litwin's book. Lambert, who died I believe just 3-4 years a few years ago (and didn't release, as far as I know, any updated version), believed that there was a conspiracy in the assassination and that it involved elements of the Mob, e.g., Marcello et al. Mr. Litwin doesn't believe there is evidence showing a conspiracy.

Here's a good overview of the Lambert book written by the first reporter to break the story that Garrison was investigating the assassination, Rosemary James. Link: https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/james_on_lambert.htm

James covered the whole farce from beginning to end. She first broke the story and then was stunned that the next day or two dozens of reporters from around the world showed up in New Orleans looking into the matter. Surprisingly she says that every time someone suggested a possible role by the Mob into the assassination that Garrison vehemently shut the issue down. You could suggest Martian leprechauns were involved and that was acceptable; but if you broached the possibility of any Mob role - however small - Garrison would stop the discussion immediately. Very odd.

If you really want to get into the tall grass about Shaw, you can read Donald Carpenter's incredibly detailed book on him called "A Man of a Million Fragments." That gives almost a weekly if not daily account of Shaw's life. Shaw was a fascinating man; very intelligent and extremely hard working. He was drafted into the Army in 1942 and left it in 1946 as a Major. Yes, he went from a private to a Major - and was highly decorated (Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, et cetera) despite seeing no combat - in four short years. Although calling a year in a war a "short year" is probably wrong. And when he came back he single-handedly put together the Trade Mart, working on its design and seeing through its completion and then spending years promoting it around the world.

BTW, I deleted the videos to save space/bandwidth.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 06:00:35 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Anthony Frank

• The CIA’s Quest to Control the Government
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 11:14:30 PM »
You don't know the first thing about Eladio Del Valle.

Besides knowing that Eladio Del Valle was murdered after Garrison’s investigation became public, I know that David Ferrie, the original target of Garrison’s investigation, died after Garrison’s investigation was made public.

I also know that five Cuban exile leaders were killed after Congress set up the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1976.

On January 14, 1977, the Tampa Tribune reported that they had been “assassinated” in Miami “in the last few months,” including one who was “gunned down as he left his front door last week.” It also reported that a total of seven Cuban exile leaders were “assassinated in Miami in the past three years.”

As it states in my book, “KGB officers inside the CIA had no problem manipulating anti-Castro Cubans into actively planning President Kennedy’s murder with a hope that Castro would be implicated in the assassination . . . . But the KGB officers were not about to ‘outsource’ the assassination, and once the deed was done, the Cuban exiles were left holding the bag.”

The KGB officers obviously got rid of anyone who could disclose that Cuban exiles were planning to kill JFK but that JFK was actually assassinated before the exiles could execute their plan.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V9JT65Y
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:54:48 AM by Anthony Frank »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 11:14:30 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 01:17:36 AM »

I have only read “False Witness” and will agree with Fred that it is a terrific book. It is well written, so I stayed interested throughout the book. And it seemed to thoroughly dispel any ideas that Garrison was on to the truth. So I don’t have a desire to dig into this subject any further. That said, “On The Trail of Delusion” does sound like it provides some additional information. So, if I ever change my mind and want to dig some more on this subject, it sounds like a good place to start. Maybe someone who has read both books will chime in?

Garrison was not on to the truth like you said. But he did have a few hit and misses. He was right that Shaw had some CIA connections. Though this was more a guess than anything else and being in touch with the Domestic Contacts Division is a pretty tenuous connection.

Also, I have some belief that Garrison was right that Shaw and Ferrie did know each other in some capacity. Nothing obviously to do with the JFK assassination or Oswald but that they knew each other. That wouldn't be unusual as the gay scene in New Orleans would have been small i'd imagine.

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 05:33:12 AM »
There is no evidence that Shaw knew Ferrie.

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 05:33:12 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 05:37:24 AM »
There is no evidence that Shaw knew Ferrie.

fred

Didn't Russo say in one of his early statements that he had seen ferrie and shaw in a car at a service station. My understanding is Russo said this at a time when Russo was not putting Oswald and shaw at ferries house party. And so this gave credance to this account of ferrie and shaw in the car.

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
Perry Russo's identification of Shaw at Ferrie's service station is questionable.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/perry-russo-talks-in-baton-rouge-part-three

fred litwin
www.onthetrailofdelusion.com

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 09:46:16 PM »
Perry Russo's identification of Shaw at Ferrie's service station is questionable.

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/perry-russo-talks-in-baton-rouge-part-three

fred litwin
www.onthetrailofdelusion.coma

Thanks. So Russo was positive that ferrie was talking to a big man at his service station but has no idea who this big man was other than he was big. Could have been Jim garrison for all we know. As far as I know (I'm not very familiar with the garrison angle of the JFK case) this was the main identification putting shaw and ferrie together and it is so flimsy as to make it non existent. Need to research this area more and looks like On The Trail of Delusion is a pretty good place to start.