Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Stephen Roy manuscript on David Ferrie  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Gerry Down

The Stephen Roy manuscript on David Ferrie
« on: August 17, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »
Advertisement
This manuscript on David Ferrie is supposed to be very good at giving an accurate portrayal of David Ferrie. Fred Litwin discusses it in the below video (16 minutes in). Does anyone have a copy of it?

JFK Assassination Forum

The Stephen Roy manuscript on David Ferrie
« on: August 17, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

Re: The Stephen Roy manuscript on David Ferrie
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 02:05:32 PM »
It is a tremendous piece of work.

fred

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 04:26:59 PM »
It is a tremendous piece of work.

fred

Is it available anywhere?

In your interview you state that Ferrie ceased his anti-castro activities in 1961 which would be well before Oswald showed up in New Orleans in 1963. I've heard this claim stated before. But there is a suggestion in the "Oswald in New Orleans" document that was released in 2017 or 2018 that Ferrie had some type of office that was worthy of surveillance. Here is the relevant section of that document:

SOURCE: National Archives record number: 157-10014-10120   (Page 34 of the downloaded PDF document)

Its unusual the document refers to it as "Ferries office". Banister was the main individual at the Newman building, not Ferrie. Ferrie was small fry compared to Banister. So its unusual that they would refer to it as "Ferries office". Unless Ferrie had some small seperate office of his own and it is this the above document is referring to.

Does Stephen Roys manuscript make any mention of an office that Ferrie kept himself?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 04:50:52 PM by Gerry Down »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 04:26:59 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 04:51:42 PM »
No. It is not available. I am hoping that it will be published in the very near future.

It is very comprehensive, and authoritative.

fred

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 04:54:59 PM »
I don't find the Roache stuff very credible. I mean..he head heard Ferrie was running when
he was killed?

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 04:54:59 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »
Is it available anywhere?

In your interview you state that Ferrie ceased his anti-castro activities in 1961 which would be well before Oswald showed up in New Orleans in 1963. I've heard this claim stated before. But there is a suggestion in the "Oswald in New Orleans" document that was released in 2017 or 2018 that Ferrie had some type of office that was worthy of surveillance. Here is the relevant section of that document:

SOURCE: National Archives record number: 157-10014-10120   (Page 34 of the downloaded PDF document)

Its unusual the document refers to it as "Ferries office". Banister was the main individual at the Newman building, not Ferrie. Ferrie was small fry compared to Banister. So its unusual that they would refer to it as "Ferries office". Unless Ferrie had some small seperate office of his own and it is this the above document is referring to.

Does Stephen Roys manuscript make any mention of an office that Ferrie kept himself?

Ferrie was small fry compared to Banister. So its unusual that they would refer to it as "Ferries office". Unless Ferrie had some small seperate office of his own and it is this the above document is referring to.

Ferrie was small fry, compared to Banister......  I wouldn't call Ferrie "small fry".....   If Bannister was the General....then Ferrie was his colonel......

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 05:01:23 PM »
I don't find the Roache stuff very credible. I mean..he head heard Ferrie was running when
he was killed?

fred

I agree he is a bit mixed up. But he did get one thing right - INS officer Smith visited Oswald when Oswald was arrested after the Bringuier incident. He got the reason wrong (i.e. thinking that Oswald had been speaking russian when in fact it was the fact that Oswald had said he was born in Cuba when arrested that triggered the INS being called in to interviewer Oswald).

If Roache got that right (i.e. that Smith had interviewed Oswald), the other stuff he says can't be easily discounted.

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »
There was no Ferrie office. By this time in 1963, all Ferrie could think of and work on was his dismissal from
Eastern Airlines. All his anti-Castro Cuban stuff had stopped in mid-1961.

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 05:06:48 PM »