Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3D Modeling  (Read 30858 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: 3D Modeling
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2023, 01:57:16 AM »
Advertisement
They also have the bullet hitting JFK in the centerline, and it looks like they have the shot coming from the western pane of the first window, rather than the eastern one. And there's nothing to account for the uncertainty of the measurement of the actual wound locations. If this is all these guys have, they'd either amateurs, , lazy, or just incompetent.

Like the official investigations and NOVA/Frontline shows, this study is a good-faith analysis by experts in their field. Technically, it's the most extensive 3D project to date. The road looks kind of crude, so I wonder if they ran out of time. Don't know if any programs are going to use it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2023, 01:57:16 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2023, 03:53:11 AM »
Like the official investigations and NOVA/Frontline shows, this study is a good-faith analysis by experts in their field. Technically, it's the most extensive 3D project to date. The road looks kind of crude, so I wonder if they ran out of time. Don't know if any programs are going to use it.
They may well be working in good faith. But that doesn't mitigate the incorrect entry location or the incorrect rifle location. And the lack of any accounting for uncertainty betrays a fundamental lack of rigor. The only noteworthy thing I see in the Knott Labs animation is that they used one o' them newfangled 360 degree laser-based automated area surveyor devices to map Dealey Plaza.

Maybe we're just looking at an unfinished product, but the presentation so far is underwhelming.

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2023, 04:43:09 AM »
There's an auction closing today for a fence section owned by Larry Howard. Link

You are totally correct, Jerry.  The fence section Howard had was not original.  It's one of the many replacement sections added to the frame of the fence since 1963. 

I believe this is not the 1963 fence because the fence Holland and Lane stood behind in 1966 had a different taper. I believe the 1963 fence had no gaps between the pickets and that there was a curvature on the front surface of each picket, in order to simulate a "stockade fence".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2023, 04:43:09 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2023, 06:03:37 AM »
"Knott Laboratory presents digital reconstruction and findings on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy" ( Link )

They're using the "low" entry point for Kennedy's back wound. Since they're not showing a jacket bunch, I guess they went about four-inches below the top of the jacket collar. Photos show the top of the jacket collar was tight to Kennedy's nape and went to the hairline

Connally was sitting upright (if not a little backward) in the early-Z220s while they have the Governor's torso leaning forward.

The stuff concerning the jacket "bunching" along with the shirt "nape to the neck" jargon is once again pure David Copperfield Mis-Direction. How about just relying on the Autopsy Photo of JFK's naked back and the bullet hole displayed there?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 06:04:24 AM by Royell Storing »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2023, 06:51:30 AM »
          The stuff concerning the jacket "bunching" along with the shirt "nape to the neck" jargon is once again pure David Copperfield Mis-Direction. How about just relying on the Autopsy Photo of JFK's naked back and the bullet hole displayed there?

Thumb1:

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2023, 06:51:30 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2023, 12:58:00 PM »
Thumb1:

JohnM

Thanks John. Now if you just stand JFK on his head, you can get a bullet fired Downward from the 6th floor to exit the throat as diagrammed. Those 7 Living Parkland Hospital Dr's on Paramount+ will inform at least 2 generations as to the  BS: that has thus far been foisted on the public regarding this issue. And when they also learn about Gerald Ford's clandestine relocation of the back wound, then it's Posner Time. "Case Closed".

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2023, 01:41:41 PM »
The museum has the sniper window about 5 inches lower than the Dillard position. I seriously doubt the museum would have moved if for the 3D scan. And, I don’t have any idea if that would be an issue with the trajectory analysis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2023, 01:41:41 PM »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2023, 04:03:15 PM »