Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 3D Modeling  (Read 36122 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: 3D Modeling
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2024, 01:17:50 AM »
Advertisement
Apart from the issue with the back seat, I think Andrew's superimposition is really useful and shows a quite stunning match between the picture and your 3D model.
Really mind-blowing.
It's a pity Knotts Labs couldn't reach this same level of quality in their own model.

Very kind of you, Dan. :)

I think I'll try a match with the Croft photo next, then the Altgens Houston Street photo. If things keep aligning good, I'll match some Zapruder frames.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2024, 01:17:50 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2024, 02:50:38 PM »

I can see the seat-back is too high and the edges too chiselled. I have a small back-slope on the top surface of the seat-back that should be flat.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2024, 03:41:23 PM »

I can see the seat-back is too high and the edges too chiselled. I have a small back-slope on the top surface of the seat-back that should be flat.

It appears to me that the model might be a little bit longer (from about the parade bar back) than what we can see of the limo in the Croft photo. The rear door appears to be longer, and the rear seat and the rear wheel appear to be further back than those items in the Croft photo. However, upon looking at the height of the parade bar above the side of the car, it is higher also (on the model). Therefore, it appears to me that the entire scale of the model might be a little larger than the photo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2024, 03:41:23 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2024, 04:10:10 PM »

It appears to me that the model might be a little bit longer (from about the parade bar back) than what we can see of the limo in the Croft photo. The rear door appears to be longer, and the rear seat and the rear wheel appear to be further back than those items in the Croft photo. However, upon looking at the height of the parade bar above the side of the car, it is higher also (on the model). Therefore, it appears to me that the entire scale of the model might be a little larger than the photo.

The upper and lower photos are not the same scale. You have to make your own matching-scale photos if you're doing straight comparison or dissolve animations.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2024, 04:42:21 PM »
  The FOCUS needs to be on the JFK Neck/Adams Apple. It is almost directly above the passenger side of the vehicle. A bullet exiting his neck would Not then travel above Connally's Jump Seat Back Rest. People wantta chatter about the "bunching" of the JFK dress coat. As usual, they completely miss the mark. The JFK Adam's Apple is the straw that stirs this drink. This is why this case remains unsolved after 60+ years. JFK Assassination Researchers that remind one of Stevie Wonder. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 04:43:19 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2024, 04:42:21 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2024, 04:45:37 PM »
The upper and lower photos are not the same scale. You have to make your own matching-scale photos if you're doing straight comparison or dissolve animations.

I was just trying to line up items in the two different images using a straight edge. I finally figured out the scales of the two images are different. Thanks for confirming that. I think they do look very much alike though. Great job!

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2024, 05:40:01 PM »

I do transparent comparisons within the program's Photo Match mode. I used screen-capture to get the Croft Photo as seen in SketchUp.

Looks like I lowered the seat-back too much and moved the vents too far back. There's no end to it. Luckily the back seat and rear vents are not that important. They don't figure in sight-lines.

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2024, 10:45:34 PM »

I do transparent comparisons within the program's Photo Match mode. I used screen-capture to get the Croft Photo as seen in SketchUp.

Looks like I lowered the seat-back too much and moved the vents too far back. There's no end to it. Luckily the back seat and rear vents are not that important. They don't figure in sight-lines.

My only input is about a trivial detail - the sun visors seem a bit off in the model.
Other than that it seems fairly amazing from a layman's point of view.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2024, 10:45:34 PM »