Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 141067 times)

Offline Rick Plant

Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1576 on: July 10, 2023, 09:10:52 AM »
Advertisement
President Biden @POTUS

Federal investment attracts private investment.

Because of our historic CHIPS and Science Act, semiconductor companies are investing hundreds of billions of dollars across America to bring chip production back home.

That's a game changer.

Under my predecessor, Infrastructure Week became a punchline.

On my watch, we’re making Infrastructure Decade a headline.

Microchips power almost everything in our lives. America invented these chips, but over time, we went from producing nearly 40% of the world’s supply to producing over 10%.

I signed the CHIPS and Science Act so America could lead the way in chip manufacturing again.

Because of our Investing in America agenda, I believe we’ll own the future of the automobile market.

American manufacturing is back.

Instead of exporting jobs for cheaper labor costs like we did for decades, we’re creating American jobs and exporting American products.

Under Bidenomics, Made in America is not a slogan. It’s actually happening.

Here’s the simple truth about trickle-down economics: it represented the moment we walked away from how this country was built.

Bidenomics is just another way of saying restoring the American dream.

Every American willing to work hard should be able to get a good job and afford good health care no matter where they live.

That’s the American dream.

That’s Bidenomics.

We will keep standing up to Big Pharma.

And we will stand up to Republicans in Congress who have been trying for years to get rid of the Affordable Care Act and deny tens of millions of Americans access to quality, affordable health care.

Imagine you choose an "in-network" hospital to receive care but are charged for an “out-of-network” doctor that you did not choose – or even know was consulted.

We're closing these surprise billing loopholes.

Evading the law to charge patients outrageous prices must end.

Today, @HHSgov reported that 1/3 of Medicare Part D beneficiaries – nearly 19 million people – will save an average of $400 a year when our insulin cap goes into effect in 2025.

That'll reduce out-of-pocket spending for Americans by nearly $7.5 billion annually.

It matters.

Over the past few months, my Administration has cracked down on junk fees across different industries – banking, hotels, concerts, airlines, cable, and internet.

And today, we're adding health care to that list.

On too many nights, too many Americans lay in bed staring at the ceiling worrying what will happen if a loved one gets sick.

Do they have enough insurance?
Will they have to sell their house?

For all of you out there: I get it. And I will never stop fighting for you.

When I got elected, I promised I’d be a president for every American – whether you voted for me or not.

And I’ve kept my promise.

Watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1677426637673988096

Tune in as I deliver remarks on lowering costs for hardworking Americans.

Watch: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1rmxPkgXnmbJN

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1677403452249448449

President Biden Delivers Remarks on Lowering Costs for Hardworking Americans

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1576 on: July 10, 2023, 09:10:52 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1577 on: July 10, 2023, 02:00:58 PM »
Biden might actually lose the election.  I thought with the leftist media, corrupt political establishment, and changes in the voting laws to his advantage that it wouldn't be possible, but his disastrous presidency is hitting rock bottom with stripper grandchildren who he disowns, cocaine, topless parties at the WH and the collapse of the economy,  Crime, open borders, record drug deaths, and COVID continues even though the media now ignores it because it served its political purpose.  Maybe results will matter once again and outweigh ideology.  Old Joe was deemed unfit to be president even by the majority of Dems in recent polls.  He is a mess. Even when he had some of his marbles he was a corrupt imbecile.  Now he doesn't have a clue where he is or what is going on.  There is no way that he is physically and mentally capable of serving another term. 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1578 on: July 10, 2023, 03:20:59 PM »
Old Joe is trying to rig the 2024 Dem primary by changing the traditional order of the primaries.  He wants S. Carolina to go first instead of Iowa and NH because he believes he will do better in SC. How bad must the polling numbers be when he is struggling against RFK Jr and has no legitimate primary opponent?   The kicker is that he might not be allowed on the NH ballot because of this effort.  And if he does get on the ballot, he has alienated voters in that state.  What an idiot.  The clown show rolls on and on.

Politico:

"Biden is unlikely to appear on the ballot if New Hampshire goes first, creating an awkward situation in which the president could lose an unofficial early contest to Robert F. Kennedy Jr. or Marianne Williamson, both of whom have indicated they’re planning to compete in New Hampshire regardless of its status or sanctions. But Democrats could wage a write-in campaign for Biden, to help him avoid an early embarrassment en route to his inevitable renomination."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1578 on: July 10, 2023, 03:20:59 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1579 on: July 10, 2023, 10:11:42 PM »
It's refreshing to have a president once again who is competent, respected, and liked around the world when he attends NATO summits and G7 meetings instead of clown who embarrassed the United States and is extremely unpopular like Trump is.

7 in 10 Britons hold an unfavourable opinion of Donald Trump
https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/7-10-britons-hold-unfavourable-opinion-donald-trump

Most countries express confidence in Biden, US: poll
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4070638-most-countries-surveyed-have-confidence-in-biden/

Biden lands in Vilnius for upcoming NATO summit

Biden landed at the airport in Vilnius, Lithuania, and was greeted by Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda. Also attending Biden's arrival was Lithuania's ambassador to the United States, Audra Plepyte, and the U.S. ambassador to Lithuania, Robert Gilchrist, the White House said.

The summit will take place tomorrow and Wednesday.

Biden will meet with King Charles III and Rishi Sunak in Europe ahead of NATO.

President Joe Biden kicked off the first full day of his trip to Europe with a visit to London, where he met with British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and King Charles III.

The war in Ukraine topped the agenda for Biden and Sunak ahead of a key NATO meeting in Vilnius, Lithuania’s capital, although Biden has said the war will need to end before the alliance can consider asking Kyiv to join.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/live-blog/biden-europe-russia-ukraine-live-updates-rcna93358

Biden meets U.K. PM Sunak in London and has a sit-down with King Charles before heading for a NATO summit
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-king-charles-uk-sunak-nato-europe-ukraine-russia-war-cluster-bombs/

US President Joe Biden arrives in the UK

Watch live as US President Joe Biden arrives in the UK.

He will meet Rishi Sunak and King Charles during the visit.

Watch:

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #1580 on: July 11, 2023, 12:47:31 AM »
Even kooky RFK Jr. is surging in the polls against Ukraine Joe.  What a clown show.  Even the leftist media is turning on him.  The Atlantic just published an article indicating that he is finished:

Let me put this bluntly: Joe Biden should not run for reelection in 2024. He is too old.

Biden will turn 80 on November 20. He will be 82 if and when he begins a second term. The numbers just keep getting more ridiculous from there. “It’s not the 82 that’s the problem. It’s the 86,” one swing voter said in a recent focus group, referring to the hypothetical age Biden would be at the end of that (very) hypothetical second term.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1580 on: July 11, 2023, 12:47:31 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1581 on: July 11, 2023, 09:14:42 AM »
Donald Trump's and the right wing media's favorite pollster Rasmussen, currently has President Biden with 46% approval rating.

Brand new polling from two national polls shows President Biden with a commanding lead.

Let's also not forget that if the election was held today, President Biden would easily be reelected.

Larry Sabato, the most accurate election forecaster in the business, already has President Biden with 260 Electoral Votes. The most recent poll out of Wisconsin, from the highly respected Marquette University Law School Poll, has President Biden with a commanding 9 point lead. That would give President Biden exactly 270 Electoral Votes to win. 

And if Republicans want to make age an issue in the race, go for it. The guy they support is just 3 years younger than Biden, overweight, senile, and can't even walk without the aid of a golf cart.           

Trump rode golf cart while G7 leaders walked through Sicily
05/27/17

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/335424-trump-rode-golf-cart-while-g7-leaders-walked-through-siciliy/

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll, for Monday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Biden’s job performance.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/prez_track_july10

2024 Presidential Poll

Cygnal:

Biden 48 (+8)
Trump 40

Echelon Insights:

(D) Biden: 47% (+5)
(R) Trump: 42%

The most reliable election forecaster and political scientist, Larry Sabato shows President Biden with 260 Electoral Votes. The Marquette University Law School Poll has President Biden with a commanding 9 point lead which is 270 Electoral Votes. That means if the election was held today, President Biden would easily be reelected. With the booming economy and the Biden manufacturing boom, his lead will be even bigger next year.

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/2024-president/

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1582 on: July 11, 2023, 09:42:36 AM »
Well, another Republican phony scam against Joe and Hunter Biden bites the dust!

The House Republican fake “whistleblower” against Joe Biden just got criminally indicted for being a Chinese spy. Yes, that's right!

For quite some time now, House Republicans have claimed they had a “whistleblower” who had supposed evidence that Hunter Biden, and maybe even President Joe Biden, had taken all kinds of imaginary dirty "bribe" money from Ukraine. The funny thing was, they never could seem to produce this individual – even claiming at one point that they’d lost him.

Now it turns out he’s been found. Found by the DOJ, that is. The House Republican “whistleblower” has just been criminally indicted for allegedly being a Chinese spy. No really, this was their whistleblower. This is the guy they’d been hyping. Of course now he’s claiming he was only indicted to silence him, which is laugh out loud territory. We’ll see how many House Republicans decide to go even further down the conspiratorial rabbit hole with this guy, and how many of them simply start pretending they’ve never heard of their own "whistleblower".

Republicans are an absolute joke using a fake "whistleblower" in order to go after the President of the United States and his son. That's pretty much criminal.     

Republican’s ‘Whistleblower’ Charged as Unregistered Foreign Agent

Gal Luft, currently a fugitive, has been charged with violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act, arms trafficking, and sanctions violations

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/gal-luft-doj-charged-unregistered-foreign-agent-1234785971/

Gal Luft, the GOP's new fake Hunter Biden "whistleblower," was just indicted by the Justice Department for arms trafficking, violating U.S. sanctions against Iran, making false statements to federal agents, and being an unregistered foreign agent for China.

GOP James Comer and Jim Jordan's sham investigations continue to backfire.

MeidasTouch @MeidasTouch

This is what James Comer said *yesterday* about his fake whistleblower who was just indicted for being a Chinese spy:

"He's very credible and the people on MSNBC who made fun of me when I said we had an informant that was missing, they should feel like fools right now. And this is their worst nightmare."
:D

Watch: https://twitter.com/i/status/1678550013218263042

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #1583 on: July 12, 2023, 09:43:36 AM »
People are now calling the Florida Governor "DeSaster" instead of DeSantis. And that's because of both his disastrous failure as a Governor and as a Presidential candidate.

While Ron DeSantis declares a 'war on the woke' in one of the most humiliating presidential runs in history, his state of Florida just suffered another devastating blow.

Farmers Insurance announced they are leaving Florida, making them the 4th insurer to leave the Florida market this year, reports the Tampa Bay Times.

Homeowners in the state are paying more than ever for insurance as they face an unprecedented crisis.

Faux News is heavily promoting DeSantis but now the Murdoch's see him as a loser.   

https://tampabay.com/news/business/2023/07/11/farmers-insurance-florida-leaving-hurricanes-insolvent/

Murdochs Start to Sour on DeSantis: ‘They Can Smell a Loser’
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/ron-desantis-rupert-murdoch-donald-trump-1234786639/

GOP could lose state of Florida because of Farmers Insurance: ex-Trump official

A flood of insurance companies fleeing Florida could cost the GOP the state in the next election, a former Trump official warned Tuesday.

Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs under Trump, was reacting to Farmers Insurance's announcement earlier in the day that it was dropping all home and auto insurance policies in the state and leaving, Newsweek reported.

The decision was driven by business costs that are forced up by hurricane rebuilding and recovery, the company said. It’s the fourth insurance firm to pull out of the Florida market in the past year.

"I keep saying hurricane insurance costs are a vital issue in Florida – a truly fundamental kitchen table concern,” Caputo said in a tweet.

"It changes votes, for real. Florida is a must-win battleground for the GOP nomination – will hurricane insurance decide it?"

Farmers’ decision is expected to affect 100,000 homeowners.

Florida homeowners already pay the highest premiums in the U.S., Newsweek reported.

"This business decision was necessary to effectively manage risk exposure," Farmers said in a statement issued Newsweek in a statement.

Political consultant Jay Townsend agreed with Caputo’s warning.

"As insurance costs rise, and strain the household budgets of working-class people, they soon start looking for the culprit," he told Newsweek.

"Inevitably, they will identify the Governor as one of them. And even if he did nothing wrong, they'll ask why he didn't do something to stop it."

Already the anger was being directed at DeSantis and other state officials.

"Everyone who has Citizens Insurance is at risk of losing everything this Hurricane season. What are you and your boss [Florida Governor] Ron DeSantis doing about it since he's never here anymore and he's running for President?" far-right activist Laura Loomer tweeted at the state’s Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis, a Republican.

Read More Here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/farmers-insurance-pulls-out-of-florida-affecting-100000-people/

'Most abjectly racist thing I've heard from a US senator': Jake Tapper shreds GOP's Tommy Tuberville

CNN's Jake Tapper on Tuesday had some sharp words for Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), who told fellow CNN host Caitlan Collins on Monday night that being a white nationalist doesn't necessarily make someone a racist.

In analyzing Tuberville's comments, Tapper said that Alabama's senior senator "seems to be parsing the difference between people who are abject racists like members of the Klu Klux Klan and people who are merely white nationalist who believe in the supremacy of white people," which Tapper described as "a distinction without a difference."

The CNN host noted, however, that Tuberville has his own history of deploying racist dog whistles on the campaign trail.

"His comments make more sense when you consider what he said in October at a campaign rally, the most abjectly racist thing I've heard from a U.S. senator in decades," he said. "I'm quoting here, he said... 'Democrats,' quote, 'want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that.'"

Tapper argued that this was "nakedly racist" because it framed all Black Americans as "the people that do the crime" since they would be the ones receiving any hypothetical reparations for slavery.

"I think there are serious questions about his views when it comes to matters of race and white supremacy," Tapper concluded.

Watch:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1583 on: July 12, 2023, 09:43:36 AM »