Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Geneva Hine  (Read 20278 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Geneva Hine
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2022, 03:27:39 AM »
Advertisement

Geneva Hine gives her testimony to the Warren Commission on April 7, 1964. If one reads her testimony and relates it to the second floor plan of the TSBD, it is apparent that she is looking out the east window of their office (overlooking Houston Street) as JFK’s limo is traveling north on Houston Street and turning west on Elm Street. She would not be able to follow it any further than when it disappears behind the southeast corner of the TSBD from her point of view.
You quite misunderstood this Mr Collins.
Reading further....Ms Hine could only see people 'falling down...lying on the sidewalk' looking west. She was obviously looking out from the easterly window south across Elm and misstated the direction that Elm goes. She knew which way the motorcade was going and of course would not be looking across at the Dal-Tex building.
That's all.
Except..."*until the lights all went out and the phones became dead" ----
Why did this happen don't we wonder?  ::)

Ms Hine could only see people 'falling down...lying on the sidewalk' looking west.

This is simply not true.  Mrs. Hine could have been looking out the window facing east and saw people duck for cover on the sidewalk along Elm, east of the Elm/Houston intersection; unless of course you think that the only people who could have possibly dropped to the ground were those seen in films and photos of the area down closer to the knoll/pergola.

"*until the lights all went out and the phones became dead" ----
Why did this happen don't we wonder?

Richard Smith already adequately explained this to you.

The phones were not ringing and therefore they were not lighting up.  Why is this so difficult?  What are you implying?  Conspirators completely shut down power inside the building?

C'mon Man.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2022, 03:27:39 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2022, 03:41:33 AM »
I was going to jump in on this thread and try to correct some of the absurdity here, but no need.  It is clear that Charles Collins, Richard Smith, John Mytton and Mitch Todd have already dealt with it.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm actually reading these lame ass arguments made by the others in this thread.  Just Wow.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2022, 05:48:09 PM »
I was going to jump in on this thread and try to correct some of the absurdity here, but no need.  It is clear that Charles Collins, Richard Smith, John Mytton and Mitch Todd have already dealt with it.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm actually reading these lame ass arguments made by the others in this thread.  Just Wow.

What is even more difficult to believe is that these others actually believe that they have a legitimate argument. Some of them will even try to claim victory. To quote Pete Seeger’s song: when will you ever learn, when will you ever learn?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2022, 05:48:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2022, 11:23:06 PM »
Trying to change the subject just makes you look even more foolish and out of your depth.

Did anyone else in the TSBD during the assassination say the lights went out?

It’s not a change of subject. The “did any other witness say..” counterargument is fallacious. We’re talking about what Hine said. You act like you not only can read her mind retroactively, but you also know what her phone looked like.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:34:07 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2022, 11:28:27 PM »
The word "AND," which you so helpfully capitalized, is precisely what creates the association between "the lights went out" and "the phones became dead." By definition. If you don't like it blame Miriam Webster, not me. And there are more than two clauses in the sentence. The important ones are "the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling".

Only because you’re parsing it that way.

(The lights went out) AND (the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near).

Merriam-Webster has nothing to do with it.

My mother called me this morning and I went out to the store because I was out of milk.

That doesn’t mean my mother’s call had anything to do with my trip to the store.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:33:02 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2022, 11:28:27 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2022, 01:54:45 AM »
The “did any other witness say..” counterargument is fallacious.

Stop running Iacoletti, was there any other people who were in the Depository at the time who corroborate that the lights went out?

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 02:00:47 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2022, 03:12:58 AM »
Stop running Iacoletti, was there any other people who were in the Depository at the time who corroborate that the lights went out?

I don’t care. That doesn’t change the fact that Hine said the lights went out. There weren’t very many people in the building at the time, anyway.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2022, 04:06:47 AM »
There weren’t very many people in the building at the time, anyway.

Exactly and what are the odds that one out of "not very many people" was Lee Harvey Oswald;
the same guy who defected to the enemy,
the same guy who shot himself in the elbow while in the marines
the same guy who slashed his wrists when denied entry to the enemy.
the same guy who attempted to kill General Walker,
the same guy who purchased the same rifle found on the 6th floor.
the same guy who was described reasonably accurately by Brennan.
the same gut who had a shirt which contained 3 different types of fibers which matched the fibers found on the rifle.
the same guy who left prints on the box which was a seat and the recently moved rifle rest box. Btw the fingerprints Latona says "undoubtedly this print was left on there----between the time that the print was left and the time that it was powdered could not have been too long a time. Otherwise, the print would not have developed with the clarity that it did." Latona WC Testimony.
the same guy who is in immediate flight and leaves the building within a few minutes.
the same guy who get's on and off a bus then catches a cab.
the same guy who gets out past his rooming house.
the same guy who hurry's into his room and tells Police he grabbed his gun.
the same guy seen zipping up a jacket as he leaves the rooming house.
the same guy who is seen killing Tippit.
the same guy who was positively identified by a plethora of eyewitnesses at or moving away from the Tippit crime scene
the same guy is identified wearing a light coloured jacket.
the same guy is identified emptying shells as he was moving away.
the same guy whose revolver exclusively matched the shells at the seen.
the same guy who discards his jacket.
the same guy who suspiciously enters a dark theater.
the same guy who pops a cop on the nose when approached.
the same guy who pulls out the same revolver and tries to kill even more cops.
the same guy who lies about the backyard photo.
the same guy who lied about living at Neeley street
the same guy who lied about the rifle ownership.
the same guy who told different stories about the rifle bag contents
the same guy who told different stories about where he placed the rifle bag.
the same guy who left his wedding ring symbolically in Marina's family heirloom.
the same guy who left nearly all his money with Marina.
etc etc

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2022, 04:06:47 AM »