Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Morley: Major Break Coming in the JFK Assassination Story  (Read 8668 times)

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
Re: Morley: Major Break Coming in the JFK Assassination Story
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2022, 11:50:31 PM »
Advertisement
Question: I am utterly confused as to which files Morley is referring to. Are these the redacted and/or withheld files that the ARRB reviewed and told by the FBI and CIA not to release? And ones that Biden is deciding on releasing? Or are they other files? Or both?

On Joannides in particular: Does Morley want the unredacted files above that the ARRB reviewed? Or is there another set of operational files on Joannides that are separate from the above ones?

The ARRB  reviewed the Joannides files. Morley says it was not the full file, I think it was but there is some ambiguity there. Anyway, the ARRB declared the Joannides files not relevant to the assassination. So, they were not included in the JFK Collection. Morley then sued the CIA under FOIA and after years of back and forth lost. He now wants those 44 files declared part of the JFK Collection and released. He says there is a mechanism in place to do this but Biden would have to be the one to declare them JFK records and order their release.

Tunheim has written to Biden asking for the release of all the records and the Joannides files in particular:

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Featured_TunheimLetterToBiden.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2022, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2022, 12:25:13 AM »
The ARRB  reviewed the Joannides files. Morley says it was not the full file, I think it was but there is some ambiguity there. Anyway, the ARRB declared the Joannides files not relevant to the assassination. So, they were not included in the JFK Collection. Morley then sued the CIA under FOIA and after years of back and forth lost. He now wants those 44 files declared part of the JFK Collection and released. He says there is a mechanism in place to do this but Biden would have to be the one to declare them JFK records and order their release.

Tunheim has written to Biden asking for the release of all the records and the Joannides files in particular:

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Featured_TunheimLetterToBiden.html
Thanks for clearing it up; well, at least making it clear what the dispute seems to be about.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 01:22:58 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2022, 01:49:09 AM »

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2022, 02:06:42 PM »
Morley meets Glen Beck!

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2022/12/morley-meets-glen-beck.html
It seems there are two people: one is Jefferson Morley who makes reckless and unsubstantiated claims and a second is Morley Jefferson who, as he did on the Beck show, is more cautious and careful. With a tip of the hat to John Armstrong.

The "COINTELPRO-was-a-joint-CIA/FBI operation" is another new claim. Seems that both figures can't resist making that one. I suppose the CiA received intelligence from FBI operations - the suspicion that I've read somewhere was that FPCC was funded/directed by Havana - but sharing intelligence is not, for me, a joint operation. I guess Morley/Jefferson thinks differently.

One last one: the JFK assassination, particularly the Nosenko matter, tore the Counter Intelligence division apart. The later revelations by the media and Congress about the CIA's abuses (the "Family Jewels") ended the careers of many people particularly Angleton (so much for the idea that the CIA controlled the media). Why on Earth would all of this happen if Angleton et al. were behind the assassination? The Nosenko matter could be easily dismissed, it wouldn't tear the CI apart since the idea that Oswald killed JFK on behalf of the Soviets was false, i.e., the CIA did it. But they destroyed themselves over something they knew was false?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:58:22 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Paul J Cummings

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2022, 03:56:03 PM »
Jefferson Morley makes reckless and unsubstantiated claims? If anything Morley is the opposite and backs up with what he writes. IMO Morley doesn't go far enough.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2022, 03:56:03 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2022, 04:05:34 PM »
It seems there are two people: one is Jefferson Morley who makes reckless and unsubstantiated claims and a second is Morley Jefferson who, as he did on the Beck show, is more cautious and careful. With a tip of the hat to John Armstrong.

The "COINTELPRO-was-a-joint-CIA/FBI operation" is another new claim. Seems that both figures can't resist making that one. I suppose the CiA received intelligence from FBI operations - the suspicion that I've read somewhere was that FPCC was funded/directed by Havana - but sharing intelligence is not, for me, a joint operation. I guess Morley/Jefferson thinks differently.

I don’t know if it’s accurate to say COINTELPRO was a “joint FBI-CIA operation” but the two agencies did collaborate on some COINTELPRO operations.

Both agencies had an interest in the Fair Play for Cuba organization and may have collaborated on a psychological operation targeting the group. Lee Harvey Oswald may have wittingly or unwittingly been used in one of their psy-ops. A mountain of circumstantial evidence supports Morley and John Newman’s theory.

Author David Kaiser on the COINTELPRO-FPCC operation:

“I wrote in The Road to Dallas that Oswald’s whole FPCC operation was evidently part of the COINTELPRO operation the FBI was running against that organization.  I also said, though, that that did not mean he was working directly for the FBI, which frequently subcontracted COINTELPRO to right wing groups.

“Oswald’s operation, it seems to me, had two goals: 1) to identify pro-Castro activists in New Orleans (this was a failure, he never smoked out anyone), and 2) to discredit the FPCC as a Communist front (which is what the radio debate did.)

“I do think that the New Orleans’ FBI reaction to Oswald’s arrest, etc., showed that they knew the whole FPCC chapter was fake.  They made no real attempt to run it down–whereas that very same summer, when a chapter of SANE, I believe, a ban-the-bomb group, was formed in New Orleans, they were all over it.  What is even more interesting, to me, is that none of the reports that the FBI did file on Oswald and the FPCC actually said, ‘there wasn’t any chapter. He was acting on his own, period’.”

https://jfkfacts.org/oswald-fair-play-cuba-committee/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:19:56 PM by Jon Banks »

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2022, 09:11:17 PM »
I don’t know if it’s accurate to say COINTELPRO was a “joint FBI-CIA operation” but the two agencies did collaborate on some COINTELPRO operations.

Both agencies had an interest in the Fair Play for Cuba organization and may have collaborated on a psychological operation targeting the group. Lee Harvey Oswald may have wittingly or unwittingly been used in one of their psy-ops. A mountain of circumstantial evidence supports Morley and John Newman’s theory.

Author David Kaiser on the COINTELPRO-FPCC operation:

“I wrote in The Road to Dallas that Oswald’s whole FPCC operation was evidently part of the COINTELPRO operation the FBI was running against that organization.  I also said, though, that that did not mean he was working directly for the FBI, which frequently subcontracted COINTELPRO to right wing groups.

“Oswald’s operation, it seems to me, had two goals: 1) to identify pro-Castro activists in New Orleans (this was a failure, he never smoked out anyone), and 2) to discredit the FPCC as a Communist front (which is what the radio debate did.)

“I do think that the New Orleans’ FBI reaction to Oswald’s arrest, etc., showed that they knew the whole FPCC chapter was fake.  They made no real attempt to run it down–whereas that very same summer, when a chapter of SANE, I believe, a ban-the-bomb group, was formed in New Orleans, they were all over it.  What is even more interesting, to me, is that none of the reports that the FBI did file on Oswald and the FPCC actually said, ‘there wasn’t any chapter. He was acting on his own, period’.”

https://jfkfacts.org/oswald-fair-play-cuba-committee/
Kaiser: "I do think" and "it seems to me" and "was evidently part of". That's pretty weak stuff, don't you think? It's okay for a blog post but in a published book?

He also believes that Oswald was pulling a Herbert Philbrick and pretending to be a leftist; in reality he was a gung-ho patriotic American working with the FBI (but not the CIA apparently) who was protecting us from Marxism. Everything up is really down.

Anyway, why in the heck would the FBI need a person like Oswald (not exactly Prince Charming) to infiltrate and discredit a non-existent FPCC movement in New Orleans? There's nothing to infiltrate.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 10:28:31 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2022, 09:19:09 PM »
Morley admits on some occasions (as with Beck) that he is guessing and speculating about Joannides and whether Oswald was used in a covert operation but on other occasions makes unqualified absolute claims on the same matter. He says he/we need access to the files on Joannides to be sure.

Here's an example (from his book Morley v. CIA): "I saw that George Joannides played a significant but secondary role in the story of the killing of JFK."

He doesn't have the slightest idea as to what role Joannides played in the killing much less a significant one. This is why he is asking for the files; to see if he did have any role. There's lot more of these types of unproven claims involving Angleton and others.

That's most emphatically not someone who is being cautious about making unproven claims. Does he know what Joannides/CI did or doesn't he? He can be one or the other but not both.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:29:03 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2022, 09:19:09 PM »