Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 65126 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #520 on: July 06, 2023, 04:53:49 AM »
Advertisement
You still haven't figured out that it has nothing to do with the patrol man and everything to do with your suggestion that Baker gave the wallet to Rose?
If it has nothing to do with the patrolman, then why do you keep on bringing up the patrolman? I mean, like over and over and over again!

Well, apparently you don't because you have been making the same mistake over and over again. You keep on insisting that if it wasn't Baker who gave the wallet to Rose, it must have been the patrol man. And you couldn't have been more wrong. I never claimed that the patrol man gave the wallet to Rose. I, in fact, accepted that Rose wasn't sure who gave him the wallet.
No. That not what I'm saying, that's what you wrote. When you wrote, "Rose wouldn't confuse Baker (a man he worked with every day) for a patrolman," you created a dilemma between the two, then excluded Baker. Which (again) leaves the patrolman. You may not have intended for it to come out that way, but that's how it came out.

And, I agree that Rose didn't remember who gave him the wallet. That's part of the reason why I find your reasoning here so bizarre. If he doesn't remember who it was, then it doesn't matter if he brought up the patrolman. Or anyone else.

I merely stated that if Rose did get the wallet from Baker (who he knew very well), as you suggested, he would have had no need to even bring up any other possible source for the wallet, which of course includes the patrol man. At some point you argued (I'm paraphrasing) that Rose simply may have forgotten the event, because it was a mundane act that frequently happened. This, of course, makes no sense, because first of all it doesn't happen every day that you get to talk to a man accused of killing the President. But more importantly, you want us to believe that it is plausible that he simply had forgotten that Baker (who he knew well) gave him the wallet, yet at the same remembered the presence of an unknown police man. Really?
Once again, you presume to know what would have been going through Rose's head. But it's simply your own self-serving presumption. I will note that people tend to pay attention to, and remember, the novel while putting the routine and mundane out of mind. Not always, but that is the tendency.

BTW, I said that "Baker might well be your 'unidentified officer.'" That is, I raised the possibility that Baker was Rose's wallet-giver, but did not say that he was. That's a bit different than what you try to insinuate here.

For all I know it was neither Baker or the patrol man who actually gave the wallet to Rose. But that - and you probably will not understand this - was never the subject of our discussion.
I didn't say that it was any particular person. I did raise Baker as a possibility, since Bentley mentioned him.  If you think the discussion has gone of track, that might be because you're unable to stay on point. Just sayin'.

Sorry, I can't fix stupid.
We know. we've tried to enlighten you for years now, but you mulishly adhere to the same old stupidities. But we've tried. Oh have we tried.

Other than that, your problem is that you continue to presume what Rose would have done and what was going through his mind.

No. That was you;
Uh, no. You are the person who claimed that Rose would have remembered Baker. I said that Rose might not have payed enough attention to the wallet handover to remember who gave it to him, and that your assumption that Rose would have automatically remembered Baker is just an assumption. 

And not only that, but you also presumed to know what I was thinking;
I never presumed to know what you are thinking. But I know what you actually wrote.

I'm done with this pointless argumentative BS. I'm sure you'll find somebody else to bore to death.
It's no skin off my back. I can only stomach so much of you making a fool of yourself.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #520 on: July 06, 2023, 04:53:49 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #521 on: July 06, 2023, 09:12:56 AM »
If it has nothing to do with the patrolman, then why do you keep on bringing up the patrolman? I mean, like over and over and over again!

No. That not what I'm saying, that's what you wrote. When you wrote, "Rose wouldn't confuse Baker (a man he worked with every day) for a patrolman," you created a dilemma between the two, then excluded Baker. Which (again) leaves the patrolman. You may not have intended for it to come out that way, but that's how it came out.

And, I agree that Rose didn't remember who gave him the wallet. That's part of the reason why I find your reasoning here so bizarre. If he doesn't remember who it was, then it doesn't matter if he brought up the patrolman. Or anyone else.

Once again, you presume to know what would have been going through Rose's head. But it's simply your own self-serving presumption. I will note that people tend to pay attention to, and remember, the novel while putting the routine and mundane out of mind. Not always, but that is the tendency.

BTW, I said that "Baker might well be your 'unidentified officer.'" That is, I raised the possibility that Baker was Rose's wallet-giver, but did not say that he was. That's a bit different than what you try to insinuate here.

I didn't say that it was any particular person. I did raise Baker as a possibility, since Bentley mentioned him.  If you think the discussion has gone of track, that might be because you're unable to stay on point. Just sayin'.

We know. we've tried to enlighten you for years now, but you mulishly adhere to the same old stupidities. But we've tried. Oh have we tried.

Uh, no. You are the person who claimed that Rose would have remembered Baker. I said that Rose might not have payed enough attention to the wallet handover to remember who gave it to him, and that your assumption that Rose would have automatically remembered Baker is just an assumption. 

I never presumed to know what you are thinking. But I know what you actually wrote.

It's no skin off my back. I can only stomach so much of you making a fool of yourself.

Your compulsion to keep an already dead conversation going is duly noted as is your desperate need to "win" an argument by arguing it to death with the same nonsense over and over again.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2023, 12:28:12 AM »
Your compulsion to keep an already dead conversation going is duly noted as is your desperate need to "win" an argument by arguing it to death with the same nonsense over and over again.
Your previous post contained a number of....inaccuracies that needed correcting. Anyway, I thought you were "done with this" thread, so why respond?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2023, 12:28:12 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2023, 07:30:47 PM »
Your previous post contained a number of....inaccuracies that needed correcting. Anyway, I thought you were "done with this" thread, so why respond?

I'm sure you know that Mr. Todd is one who of those people who will whip a dead horse and insist the the critter get up and pull the wagon.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2023, 09:36:55 PM »
I'm sure you know that Mr. Todd is one who of those people who will whip a dead horse and insist the the critter get up and pull the wagon.

Yes, Walt, I'm very much aware of that. But it seems to be common in the entire LN cult

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2023, 09:36:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2023, 09:45:10 PM »
Try this:
While holding a revolver in one hand:

Dump a selection of unfired and fired cartridges into your other hand

Sort the proverbial wheat from the chaff using only the other hand (remembering that hand#1 is preoccupied with holding a pistol)

Reload the unfired cartridges into the cylinder of the pistol

Dump the fired, empty cases

Do all of this while on the move, and without letting go of the pistol.

AND DO THIS WITHOUT GETTING ANY GUNPOWDER RESIDUE ON YOUR HANDS 

Lee had no gunpwdwer resdue on his hands...

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2023, 10:34:39 PM »

AND DO THIS WITHOUT GETTING ANY GUNPOWDER RESIDUE ON YOUR HANDS 

Lee had no gunpwdwer resdue on his hands...

Uh, Walt... I'm not the guy claiming that dumped the cases out in his hand. That's what you said. The response of mine that you quoted is me pointing out that your contention is untenable.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 02:22:44 PM by Mitch Todd »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #527 on: July 16, 2023, 04:06:41 PM »
Uh, Walt... I'm not the guy claiming that dumped the cases out in his hand. That's what you said. The response of mine that you quoted is me pointing out that your contention is untenable.

Actually I did NOT say that the killer dumped the shells in his hand.  It's my contention that the killer removed the shells ONE-AT- A- TIME and therefore he was not using a Smith & Wesson.   But I did point out that if he had dumped the shells into his (third ;D) hand  then the palm of that hand would have been covered with burned powder residue.  Lee Oswald had no gunpowder residue on his hand.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #527 on: July 16, 2023, 04:06:41 PM »