Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 55820 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #624 on: August 21, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »
Advertisement
Smith and Burt didn’t. And yet you still call them “real witnesses”. Neither did David, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard. Are they also not “real witnesses”? Admit it, “real witness” to you is somebody who supports your little narrative.

Per the 1968 interview with Al Chapman, Jimmy Burt indeed saw Tippit talking to the man who was walking on the sidewalk.

As for the Davis sisters-in-law, Callaway and Guinyard, you're creating a straw man here.  I haven't mentioned these witnesses, re: the real witnesses who saw more than Clemons.

Do you agree that Domingo Benavides, Helen Markham and William Scoggins all saw Tippit BEFORE he was gunned down, something which Clemons did not see?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #624 on: August 21, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #625 on: August 21, 2023, 04:58:37 PM »
Per the 1968 interview with Al Chapman, Jimmy Burt indeed saw Tippit talking to the man who was walking on the sidewalk.

Cite, please.

As for the Davis sisters-in-law, Callaway and Guinyard, you're creating a straw man here.  I haven't mentioned these witnesses, re: the real witnesses who saw more than Clemons.

It’s not a strawman, it was merely a question. Do you consider Davis, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard to be “real witnesses” or not, despite them not seeing “Tippit before he was gunned down”?

Do you agree that Domingo Benavides, Helen Markham and William Scoggins all saw Tippit BEFORE he was gunned down, something which Clemons did not see?

Yes, I agree. Do you agree that William Smith did not see Tippit before he was gunned down?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #626 on: August 21, 2023, 11:25:31 PM »
Cite, please.

It’s not a strawman, it was merely a question. Do you consider Davis, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard to be “real witnesses” or not, despite them not seeing “Tippit before he was gunned down”?

Yes, I agree. Do you agree that William Smith did not see Tippit before he was gunned down?

Cite, please.

I already did, in the original comment.  The 1968 Al Chapman interview with Burt.  Burt described being in the front yard of the house on the corner of Tenth and Denver (one block east of Tenth and Patton) and seeing the man who would eventually shoot the police officer walking east to west on Tenth, across the street from the front yard he was in.  If you're unaware of this, then you really shouldn't be discussing Jimmy Burt at all.

Unrelated.  Clemons didn't see anywhere near as much as the REAL witnesses, people like Burt, Smith, Benavides, Markham and Scoggins.  These witnesses saw Tippit talking to the man and/or get out of the patrol car.  These witnesses (sans Burt) literally saw Tippit fall.  Hell, Burt probably saw Tippit fall, too, but I haven't found any record of him literally saying it.  Clemons?  She thought she heard firecrackers.

"We noticed the policeman pull up and talk to this guy" -- Jimmy Burt, 1968 interview with Al Chapman

Burt tells us that both he and Smith saw Tippit's patrol car pull up alongside the man walking.  Clemons didn't see such a thing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #626 on: August 21, 2023, 11:25:31 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #627 on: August 21, 2023, 11:57:39 PM »
I already did, in the original comment.  The 1968 Al Chapman interview with Burt. 

So you don’t know what a cite is any more than you understand what trolling is. I’m certainly not going to take your word about what Burt said, but I find it interesting that you are relying on an interview from over 4 years later, given what you typically say about details added later (for example with Mrs Roberts).

No need to be coy though, because I found the audio that Litwin posted to YouTube. It’s an interesting listen, particularly the part about not being able to identify the person he saw. It’s also interesting that they went down Patton and didn’t see anybody between 10th and Jefferson (including Callaway and Guinyard) , and this was all before the ambulance arrived. And somehow the guy they noticed was already down the alley at Crawford.

You still haven’t explained (given your odd standard about seeing Tippit before the shooting) what makes Smith a “real witness” and Clemons not. Because Smith is not on record anywhere about seeing anything before hearing the shots (even 4 years later).

Stop avoiding the question. Are Davis, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard “real witnesses” or not?

Unrelated.  Clemons didn't see anywhere near as much as the REAL witnesses, people like Burt, Smith, Benavides, Markham and Scoggins.  These witnesses saw Tippit talking to the man and/or get out of the patrol car.  These witnesses (sans Burt) literally saw Tippit fall.  Hell, Burt probably saw Tippit fall, too, but I haven't found any record of him literally saying it.

“Probably”. LOL.

Clemons?  She thought she heard firecrackers.

This stupid rhetoric again. Lots of people in Dealey Plaza thought the first shot was a firecracker or a backfire too. So what? Not real witnesses?

Clemons ran out right after she heard shots. So what if she didn’t see Tippit fall? She saw a chunky guy with a gun waving off a second guy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 12:00:20 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #628 on: August 22, 2023, 01:25:57 AM »
Unless Clemons was exaggerating or paranoid, then she thought the FBI was threatening her, which if true would be singling her out vs the other witnesses.

That was the year 1963 , therefore it seems unlikely to me that an elderly black lady would have dared risk saying anything contrary to the official early reports,  unless there was some reason like the opportunity to be interviewed by Mark Lane.

That opportunity of a few minutes of fame , however, would be taking a big risk to her life and exposing her to public criticism, possible ridicule or maybe even having an unusual death as some other witnesses seem to have had not long after they gave a story that seriously upset the official narrative.

So it seems improbable that Clemons would have just made up totally false story , let alone willing go on camera talking to Mark Lane just for  a few minutes of fame.

Therefore, a more probable reason imo, for Clemons to agree to get filmed by Mark Lane telling her contrary version of the event was that she WAS intimidated by the FBI and felt she HAD to let the public know that the FBI had threatened her.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #628 on: August 22, 2023, 01:25:57 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #629 on: August 22, 2023, 09:29:47 PM »
From 12/3/63 FBI interview report for Mr. Frank Cimino:

Must have been a different waitress to Ms. Markham. Right, Mr. Brown?  :D

Well!

In the same FBI report for Mr. Cimino we get the following information:

Confirmation that Ms. Markham, right from the very start, was saying that the gunman ran into the alley off Patton

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2023, 09:34:18 PM »
And then there's this, dated 11/22/63:

Don't cry, Mr. Brown!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2023, 09:34:18 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #631 on: August 22, 2023, 09:43:38 PM »
Now!

I'm going to do something that will strike some here as wild and kooky. I'm going to not assume that the MULTIPLE witnesses who had the gunman go off into the alley were all on L.S.D. at lunchtime that day. I'm going to suggest-----------and please humor me here, folks----------that the reason MULTIPLE witnesses had the gunman go off into the alley was that...... well...... how do I put this delicately?...... the gunman actually did go off into the alley.

Question: What scenario might flow from this thought?

Suggestion: Start with the fact that Ms. Markham told Officers Poe & Jez that the gunman was "wearing a brown jacket"

Thumb1: