Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Walker Case  (Read 29491 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The Walker Case
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2023, 02:11:14 AM »
Advertisement
Shooting the president is not a rational act.  Therefore, there cannot be one tidy motive or explanation to explain it.  There were likely a host of political and physiological motivations that led Oswald to commit this act.  Some which were probably not known even to him.  He was an angry guy who wanted to be noticed. He had strong political beliefs.  He defected to the USSR.  JFK, as President, was representative of a society that marginalized Oswald and opposed his political system (Marxism).   He did not target JFK specifically.   He took advantage of a quirk of fate.  JFK's motorcade passed directly by his building.  I don't think he otherwise would ever have sought out and killed JFK.  But he shoots any person who is president under that circumstance.  If it had been Nixon, LBJ, or someone else riding by in the car as President of the United States, Oswald would have assassinated them.  It was a convergence of various factors.  The evidence proves beyond any doubt that he did so even if his motive can never be known with certainty.

This is “Richard”-speak for “there’s no apparent motive, so I’ll just make one up. Because we know Oswald did it. Because reasons.”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2023, 02:11:14 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2023, 01:53:34 PM »
In no way am I saying that I condone political violence but there can be rational arguments to justify assassinating heads of state in some circumstances.

The people who think Oswald was motivated by politics have failed to establish what he possibly hoped to achieve by assassinating JFK. Based on the testimony of Capt. Will Fritz, Oswald was aware that US policies towards Cuba were unlikely to change under Lyndon Johnson. So we can conclude that Oswald was politically savvy enough to know that assassinating JFK wouldn't have helped Fidel Castro.

There's no evidence that Oswald suffered from mental illness or was experiencing a psychiatric episode at the time of the JFK assassination. What was most disturbing to the people who investigated Oswald after the assassination was how calm he was given the circumstances. No one claims that he acted erraticly at any point after he was in police custody after the assassination.

So it's difficult to conclude that he did it because he was suffering from some sort of mental condition at the time.

Let's leave it to his own wife to explain what happened:

What happened when Lee came home on the night of April 10,
1963?

Mrs. PORTER. He was very pale, as I said, and he was out of
breath, and I was asking, I mean asked him to explain about the
note
that he left for me, and asked him what happened, and he
said that he just tried to shoot General Walker
. I asked him who
General Walker was. I mean how dare you to go and claim somebody's life, and he said "Well, what would you say if somebody got
rid of Hitler at the right time?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2023, 01:56:06 PM »

Let’s not. Marina said a lot of things.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2023, 01:56:06 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2023, 02:06:39 PM »
Marina Oswald:  "he said that he just tried to shoot General Walker"

Pretty clear.  No reason to lie about this after Oswald was dead and the authorities were satisfied that he had assassinated JFK.  There was no need for Marina or anyone to falsely link Oswald to another crime at that point.  It is idiotic to suggest that is what happened.  And the tired, sad CTer trope that Marina can't be believed in this instance because in other instances she couldn't remember exact dates or tried to protect Oswald is laughable.  Oswald had recon photos of Walker's home, he left a note on the night of the attempt instructing Marina on what to do in case of his arrest or death, and then confessed the crime to her before it was known to the public.   It is an absolute slam dunk of guilt.  Absent a time machine, it is difficult to even think up what more evidence could exist than we have. 

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2023, 02:52:48 PM »

What happened when Lee came home on the night of April 10,
1963?

Mrs. PORTER. He was very pale, as I said, and he was out of
breath, and I was asking, I mean asked him to explain about the
note
that he left for me, and asked him what happened, and he
said that he just tried to shoot General Walker
. I asked him who
General Walker was. I mean how dare you to go and claim somebody's life, and he said "Well, what would you say if somebody got
rid of Hitler at the right time?

She also claimed that Lee tried to kill Richard Nixon. The Warren Commission was unable to corroborate the details of her claim about Nixon and there's no direct evidence linking Oswald to the Walker shooting.

Marina was unreliable as a witness and desperation is the only reason to cite her testimony...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2023, 02:52:48 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2023, 03:12:05 PM »
She also claimed that Lee tried to kill Richard Nixon. The Warren Commission was unable to corroborate the details of her claim about Nixon and there's no direct evidence linking Oswald to the Walker shooting.

Marina was unreliable as a witness and desperation is the only reason to cite her testimony...

She confused Nixon for LBJ because they were both VP.  Her story is consistent in every particular when linked to LBJ's Dallas visit.  She confirmed that she had never heard of LBJ before the assassination.   There is absolutely no reason to question her confirmation that Oswald confessed to the Walker shooting.  Why would she be in "desperation"?  How would lying to implicate her own husband in the Walker shooting help her cause?  It demonstrated that she had foreknowledge of Oswald's willingness to commit a political assassination.  If she had revealed that to the authorities prior to Nov. 22, there would have been no assassination.  She was furious with Ruth Paine for turning over the book that contained the note.  She didn't want the Walker attempt to become known.  It made her look bad.  There was also no reason for any conspirator to link Oswald to the Walker attempt to frame him for the JFK assassination.  Why bother when Oswald was dead and the investigating authorities were convinced of his guilt?  In fact, many CTers suggest the DPD and FBI were in on Oswald's framing.  Why did they need another crime to link him too when it was a done deal from their perspective?   That is silly. 

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2023, 04:47:29 PM »
She confused Nixon for LBJ because they were both VP.  Her story is consistent in every particular when linked to LBJ's Dallas visit.  She confirmed that she had never heard of LBJ before the assassination.

That's not a minor detail. Aside from that, she couldn't remember lots of other key details.

Initially, Marina claimed she prevented Lee from killing Nixon by locking him in the bathroom for hours. But that was implausible and she couldn't describe basic details about the incident to the Warren Commission:

Mr Rankin :Do you recall the bathroom, how the door closes? Does it close into the bathroom on Neely Street or from the outside in?

Mrs Oswald :I don’t remember now. I don’t remember. I only remember that it was something to do with the bathroom.

Mr Rankin :Did you lock him into the bathroom?

Mrs Oswald :I can’t remember precisely.

Mr Rankin :Do you recall how the locks were on the bathroom door there?

Mrs Oswald :I can’t recall. We had several apartments and I might be confusing one apartment with the other.

Mr Rankin :Is it your testimony that you made it impossible for him to get out if he wanted to?

Mrs Oswald :I don’t remember.

http://22november1963.org.uk/did-oswald-try-to-kill-richard-nixon

There is absolutely no reason to question her confirmation that Oswald confessed to the Walker shooting.

The lack of corroborating evidence and Marina's poor memory are two reasons to discount her claim about Lee confessing to attempting to kill Edwin Walker.

Maybe she mistook Walker for someone else the same way, according to you, she mistook Nixon for LBJ. 

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 04:48:32 PM by Jon Banks »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2023, 05:25:30 PM »

That's not a minor detail. Aside from that, she couldn't remember lots of other key details.

Initially, Marina claimed she prevented Lee from killing Nixon by locking him in the bathroom for hours. But that was implausible and she couldn't describe basic details about the incident to the Warren Commission:

Mr Rankin :Do you recall the bathroom, how the door closes? Does it close into the bathroom on Neely Street or from the outside in?

Mrs Oswald :I don’t remember now. I don’t remember. I only remember that it was something to do with the bathroom.

Mr Rankin :Did you lock him into the bathroom?

Mrs Oswald :I can’t remember precisely.

Mr Rankin :Do you recall how the locks were on the bathroom door there?

Mrs Oswald :I can’t recall. We had several apartments and I might be confusing one apartment with the other.

Mr Rankin :Is it your testimony that you made it impossible for him to get out if he wanted to?

Mrs Oswald :I don’t remember.

http://22november1963.org.uk/did-oswald-try-to-kill-richard-nixon

The lack of corroborating evidence and Marina's poor memory are two reasons to discount her claim about Lee confessing to attempting to kill Edwin Walker.

Maybe she mistook Walker for someone else the same way, according to you, she mistook Nixon for LBJ.

You think there was another sniper-type attack on April 10 that Marina mistook for Walker?  There was no other such event.  Only one.  In contrast to the situation with the LBJ visit.  LBJ was VP.  Nixon was a VP.  LBJ visited Dallas in the timeframe Marina indicates.  She confirms that she had no idea that LBJ was VP until after the assassination.  She knew Nixon as the VP.   If Oswald said he was going to shoot the Vice President, Marina would have believed that was Nixon because she didn't know who LBJ was at the time.  The VP visit was reported on the front page of the Dallas papers as Marina remembered.  Everything fits that scenario.  Nothing fits the making it up scenario.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2023, 05:25:30 PM »