Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Walker Case  (Read 29312 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Walker Case
« Reply #320 on: July 13, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »
Advertisement
Not really....

From Tomlinson's WC deposition;

Mr. SPECTER. How many times did the FBI interview you?
Mr. TOMLINSON. Once.
Mr. SPECTER. How many times did the Secret Service interview you?
Mr. TOMLINSON. Once.
Mr. SPECTER. When did the FBI interview you?
Mr. TOMLINSON. I believe they were the first to do it.
Mr. SPECTER. Approximately when was that?
Mr. TOMLINSON. I think that was the latter part of November.

From the transcript of the Marcus - Tomlinson interview July 25, 1966 (HSCA RG 233)

M: Did anybody show you the bullet after the time you found it and after the time you gave it to Mr. Wright?
T: I seen it one time after that. I believe Mr Shanklin from the FBI had it out there at the hospital in personnel with Mr. Wright there when they called me in.
M: When Shanklin and Wright called you in at that time, did they show you the bullet?
T: Yes
M: Did they ask you if it looked like the same one?
T: Yes, I believe they did
<>
M: Appeared to be. OK, so that was the only time that the FBI, then, ever asked you to maken an identification of the bullet to your recollection.
T: On Friday morning about 12:30 to 1 o'clock --- uh, excuse me that's saturday morning --- after the assassination the FBI woke me up on the phone and told me to keep my mouth shut.

O.V. Wright's story about the pointed bullet was published in the book "Six seconds in Dallas" by Josiah Thompson and has never ever been challenged by anybody.

The only one who has no real evidence for your "could have been" claims is you!

When you find a way to squeeze "Odum showed the bullet to Tomlinson and Wright" in there, you will let me know, won't you?

So, do you have any record of Shanklin interviewing either one of them?

And, I am only asking, where was CE399 during “the latter part of November”? Did it happen to be in Washington at that time?

Edit: Oh, and one more thing, (or whatever it was that Colombo used to say) where did you get the partial transcript of the Marcus - Tomlinson interview? And why do you suppose  Marcus’ question “And as far as you could tell —- of course, you weren’t making a ballistics test of it, —- but as far as you could tell, did it look like the same one to you? And Tomlinson’s reply of “Yes, it appeared to be the same one” were left out of the partial transcript that you posted. Was it from your two “researchers” by any chance?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 12:12:36 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #320 on: July 13, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2023, 12:14:15 AM »

And, I am only asking, where was CE399 during “the latter part of November”? Did it happen to be in Washington at that time?

Who is asking questions now?

Still desperately looking for a way out, I see...... Were you able to squeeze the Odum/Tomlinson/Wright interview in there somehow?

Never really looked for it. I'm not sure if a SAC actually files reports, but I'll see if I can find something. Btw, are you suggesting that Tomlinson lied to the WC?

First of all, are you talking about the bullet Tomlinson and Wright actually saw on 11/22/63 or the one we now know as CE399 for which Arlen Specter could not provide any proof of authenticy?

But you've pointed out another problem regarding CE 399. There is no way of knowing where it was, because there is no chain of custody. Not even close... and it isn't the only piece of evidence that has this problem.

Todd gave Frazier a bullet he said he had received from Rowley, but what happened after that is anybody's guess. How is that for "sound investigatory work" in the highest profile case of the decade?

But let's get back to basics....

Have you figured out already why Tomlinson would say twice that he was only shown a bullet once, which he did identify, and that was by Shanklin in late November 1963 (I said  December 1963 earlier, .. my bad)?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 11:21:38 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2023, 12:27:40 AM »
Who is asking questions now?

Still desperately looking for a way out, I see...... Were you able to squeeze the Odum/Tomlinson/Wright interview in there somehow?

Never really looked for it. I'm not sure if a SAC actually files reports, but I'll see if I can find something. Btw, are you suggesting that Tomlinson lied to the WC?

First of all, are you talking about the bullet Tomlinson and Wright actually saw on 11/22/63 or the one we now know as CE399 for which Arlen Specter could not provide any proof of authenticy?

But you've pointed out another problem regarding CE 399. There is no way of knowing where it was, because there is no chain of custody. No even close... and it isn't the only piece of evidence that has this problem.

Todd gave Frazier a bullet he said he had received from Rowley, but what happened after that is anybody's guess. How is that for "sound investigatory work" in the highest profile case of the decade?

But let's get back to basics....

Have you figured out already why Tomlinson would say twice that he was only shown a bullet once, which he did identify, and that was by Shanklin in late November 1963 (I said  December 1963 earlier, .. my bad)?

Btw, are you suggesting that Tomlinson lied to the WC?

About what? Oh, be sure to check out and respond to the edit questions I posted in the last post.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2023, 12:27:40 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2023, 12:31:53 AM »

Edit: Oh, and one more thing, (or whatever it was that Colombo used to say) where did you get the partial transcript of the Marcus - Tomlinson interview? And why do you suppose  Marcus’ question “And as far as you could tell —- of course, you weren’t making a ballistics test of it, —- but as far as you could tell, did it look like the same one to you? And Tomlinson’s reply of “Yes, it appeared to be the same one” were left out of the partial transcript that you posted. Was it from your two “researchers” by any chance?

Oh, and one more thing, (or whatever it was that Colombo used to say) where did you get the partial transcript of the Marcus - Tomlinson interview?

I got the entire (there was nothing partial about it) transcript from the HSCA files.

And why do you suppose  Marcus’ question “And as far as you could tell —- of course, you weren’t making a ballistics test of it, —- but as far as you could tell, did it look like the same one to you? And Tomlinson’s reply of “Yes, it appeared to be the same one” were left out of the partial transcript that you posted.

Ah, I see you found/know it.... Well, I left out that exchange (indicated by <>) because it didn't serve a purpose to the point I was making.

Was it from your two “researchers” by any chance?

No, not really. Marcus wasn't one of the two researchers you are now desperately and in vain trying to discredit.

Btw, did you notice that I am answering all your question and you are answering none of mine? Why is that?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 12:37:31 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #324 on: July 14, 2023, 12:36:05 AM »

Btw, are you suggesting that Tomlinson lied to the WC?

About what? Oh, be sure to check out and respond to the edit questions I posted in the last post.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Tomlinson told the WC that he was only shown a bullet once by the FBI in late november 1963.
When he talked to Marcus he explained it was Shanklin who showed him the bullet.

I'm really making you work to keep your narrative alive, aren't I... This is so much fun....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #324 on: July 14, 2023, 12:36:05 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #325 on: July 14, 2023, 12:41:23 AM »
Oh, and one more thing, (or whatever it was that Colombo used to say) where did you get the partial transcript of the Marcus - Tomlinson interview?

I go the entire (there was nothing partial about it) transcript from the HSCA files.

And why do you suppose  Marcus’ question “And as far as you could tell —- of course, you weren’t making a ballistics test of it, —- but as far as you could tell, did it look like the same one to you? And Tomlinson’s reply of “Yes, it appeared to be the same one” were left out of the partial transcript that you posted.

Ah, I see you found/know it.... Well, I left out that exchange (indicated by <>) because it didn't serve a purpose to the point I was making.

Was it from your two “researchers” by any chance?

No, not really. Marcus wasn't one of the two researchers you are now desperately and in vain trying to discredit.

Btw, did you notice that I am answering all your question and you are answering none of mine? Why is that?

You sure went to a lot of trouble to intentionally leave it out. It would have been much easier just to leave it in. At least we know who the culprit is now.

You are asking unanswerable questions as usual. I would like answers to the ones that you haven’t answered yet before responding further.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #326 on: July 14, 2023, 12:47:58 AM »
I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Tomlinson told the WC that he was only shown a bullet once by the FBI in late november 1963.
When he talked to Marcus he explained it was Shanklin who showed him the bullet.

I'm really making you work to keep your narrative alive, aren't I... This is so much fun....

In the section from the WC testimony that you posted, he said he was interviewed once. I didn’t see anything about being shown a bullet. I think that it is you who may be confused.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #327 on: July 14, 2023, 12:48:28 AM »

You sure went to a lot of trouble to intentionally leave it out. It would have been much easier just to leave it in. At least we know who the culprit is now.

No, it was of little significance and I couldn't be bothered to type the entire text.

No surprise you are making some sort of big deal out of it....

You are asking unanswerable questions as usual. I would like answers to the ones that you haven’t answered yet before responding further.

Indeed... I am asking questions that you can't (or won't) answer, because answering them would weaken your case.

What questions did I not answer?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #327 on: July 14, 2023, 12:48:28 AM »