Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Walker Case  (Read 25812 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The Walker Case
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2023, 06:44:58 AM »
Advertisement
I believe that Oswald pulled out his revolver at the theatre

Except that none of the testimonies of the people who were there (most notably McDonald) say that he did this.

because he expected/wanted to die, suicide by cop.

Yeah, that’s why he yelled out “I am not resisting arrest” and “police brutality”.  ::)

This suicide mentality goes back to Oswald's initial failed Russian defection when he hacked into his own wrist creating a wound which required five stitches.

Yeah, that’s why the doctors who treated him said it was superficial and couldn’t possibly have killed him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2023, 06:44:58 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2023, 12:13:24 AM »
Ok, the   scope was zeroed for what range ? so if the shot was taken from a closer range than the zero range,  then maybe it’s not that implausible as I thought that the frame of the window could be accidentally hit.

This might be an opportunity for Mr.Collins’s to do another experiment like his presentation of the snipers nest box which proved (seems to me at least) that  a 6th floor TSBD shooter at the SE window, sitting on a box was a good position to both hide from LOS of the Hughes film and yet able to quickly lean forward and place rifle on the box on the window ledge once the JFK limo turned down Elm st.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2023, 02:09:33 AM »
Ok, the   scope was zeroed for what range ? so if the shot was taken from a closer range than the zero range,  then maybe it’s not that implausible as I thought that the frame of the window could be accidentally hit.

This might be an opportunity for Mr.Collins’s to do another experiment like his presentation of the snipers nest box which proved (seems to me at least) that  a 6th floor TSBD shooter at the SE window, sitting on a box was a good position to both hide from LOS of the Hughes film and yet able to quickly lean forward and place rifle on the box on the window ledge once the JFK limo turned down Elm st.

I don’t think we have any way of knowing for certain what distance that the scope was zeroed at. But, I do think that it is reasonable to believe that LHO would have been able to zero it in for an eyeballed approximation of the distance of the shot that he planned to take. Stay tuned though, I think there are some things that we can learn from studying some of the issues that LHO might have encountered on 04/10/63.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2023, 02:09:33 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2023, 05:44:17 PM »
Here’s a little tidbit that I just read and didn’t know about before just now:

Had Walker been less engrossed, the silence might have signaled danger. The general’s volunteer staffers were ready to fight communism anytime, anywhere, but they followed a policy of appeasement with the dog that ruled the yard of his neighbor, Dr. Ruth Jackson. Persons entering the alley or the Walker backyard were subjected to intimidating, incessant barking.

But as Oswald waited in the darkness, the shaggy brown collie was silent. The Dallas police report indicates that the next morning, it was discovered that the canine had fallen mysteriously ill and remained ill for many days. A half-century later, one can only infer that the illness was not accidental.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018/11/19/before-gunning-for-jfk-oswald-targeted-ex-gen-edwin-a-walker-and-missed/

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2023, 05:57:01 PM »
Here’s another little tidbit from the same newspaper article regarding why LHO missed:

It was the battle-hardened Walker who had an explanation.

With Oswald standing in the dark, looking through his scope at a fully lit room, small obstructions like the window frame would have disappeared.

“He couldn’t see either with a scope or without a scope,” Walker told the Warren Commission. “He couldn’t see [properly] from his position because of the light. It would have looked like one big, lighted area. He could have been a very good shot and, just by chance, he hit the woodwork.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018/11/19/before-gunning-for-jfk-oswald-targeted-ex-gen-edwin-a-walker-and-missed/

Based on my own preliminary experiments, I am not yet sure whether or not to believe Walker’s idea as accurate. But I did have the same thought. I need to do some more experimentation before reaching a firm opinion.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2023, 05:57:01 PM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #397 on: July 24, 2023, 01:12:02 AM »
So if Oswald was such a good shooter then why did he miss Walker who was in plain view and why would the tag on that chevy be blacked out .Walker did say that the bullet they showed him later was not the same kind of bullet that was dug out at Walkers house . Is there anyone who could get all of these bullets and shell casings to match up . These guys are like " Keystone Cops " . No wonder they got JFK out of Dallas on Friday and buried him on Monday . What was the hurry ? Same with Oswald and Tippit . I think we have a good idea why they wanted JFK , LHO and JD Tippit in the ground and as fast as they could . They literally covered these 3 murder victims with dirt so they would be out of sight , out of mind . People like Dulles ( who JFK had fired )and ( Gerald Ford , who moved the back wound up to the base of the neck ) played their part so badly that they made The Warren Commission look like they didn't have a clue !

Online John Mytton

« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2023, 04:41:59 AM »
So if Oswald was such a good shooter then .........

On the 22nd Oswald missed his target(Kennedy's head) with his first two shots and the third shot was very nearly a miss, hitting Kennedy at the upper end of Kennedy's head in the cowlick, so Oswald wasn't exactly a good shot. A professional assassin would hit a relatively slow moving target on his first shot.

Gerald Ford , who moved the back wound up to the base of the neck

I already explained this to you, all Ford did was clarify and more accurately reflect the same description that was used in the autopsy report.

JohnM
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 04:49:23 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2023, 04:41:59 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #399 on: July 24, 2023, 09:26:43 PM »
So if Oswald was such a good shooter then why did he miss Walker who was in plain view and why would the tag on that chevy be blacked out .Walker did say that the bullet they showed him later was not the same kind of bullet that was dug out at Walkers house . Is there anyone who could get all of these bullets and shell casings to match up . These guys are like " Keystone Cops " . No wonder they got JFK out of Dallas on Friday and buried him on Monday . What was the hurry ? Same with Oswald and Tippit . I think we have a good idea why they wanted JFK , LHO and JD Tippit in the ground and as fast as they could . They literally covered these 3 murder victims with dirt so they would be out of sight , out of mind . People like Dulles ( who JFK had fired )and ( Gerald Ford , who moved the back wound up to the base of the neck ) played their part so badly that they made The Warren Commission look like they didn't have a clue !
Oswald did not miss by much.  Keep in mind, he was using his recently purchased rifle and scope so it may not have been sighted properly.