Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Walker Case  (Read 29632 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: The Walker Case
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2023, 08:34:27 PM »
Advertisement

Lame excuse #1: - The note is undated and doesn't mention Walker. Which means it's worthless as evidence. I doubt it would've been admissible if Oswald went to trial for the Walker shooting.

The note was reportedly and apparently intended as a note to Marina informing her as to what to do in the event LHO doesn’t return back home. To serve this purpose, it would not require or, in my opinion, even be desired for the note to include any date or reference to Walker. No, this isn’t a signed confession. But even if it was, your lame excuse would be that it could be fake, even though there is no evidence that it was fake. To the contrary, the experts say LHO wrote it. And to be admissible, the person who found it would only need to testify to finding it and identifying it.

Lame excuse #2: - The photograph of Walker's home was found in Ruth Paine's home after LHO's death. It can't be proven that Oswald took the photo or brought it to her home.

If I remember correctly, the experts said that the same camera that took the infamous backyard photos took the Walker house photos, and Marina testified that they were originally in a notebook that LHO compiled and that she convinced LHO to destroy. But he apparently saved those photos.

Lame excuse #3: Walker himself denied that the bullet in evidence is the bullet that was recovered from his home. He described a different bullet and the initial police reports described a 30 caliber bullet, not the type of bullet that was used with a Mannliche-Carcano.

Walker himself eh? Damn, is he a ballistics expert (being in the military isn’t proper qualifications for a forensic ballistics expert BTW)? What is his evidence for such a claim? How many years had gone by before he said such a thing? All that is required is for the person who found it to identify it. This was done. And it is a 6.5 mm Carcano very similar in composition to the unfired bullet found in the chamber of the rifle found on the sixth floor and with the same rifling characteristics as a 6.5 mm Carcano.

I stand by my view that LHO wouldn't have been convicted for attempted murder in the Walker case if he lived to stand trial. Marina wouldn't have been able to testify against him and there's no direct evidence connecting him to the crime.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But since there could be no trial for a dead man, the fact finding WC did have Marina testify.

the fact finding WC

Hilarious...

They just couldn't be bothered to show the bullet now in evidence as CE399 to Tomlinson when Arlen Specter took his testimony. Just four days earlier that same Arlen Specter had introduced CE399 introduced into evidence, subject to later proof during Commander Humes' testimony.

They also simply ignored the information about Dorothy Garner and completely misrepresented to conflicting testimony of the parties involved in the alleged meeting at the bottom of the stairs.

And the list goes on and on..... Fact finding, my .....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2023, 08:34:27 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2023, 08:35:45 PM »
What difference does this make six decades later?  Even if true, it wouldn't mean Oswald didn't still do it since a verdict in a criminal trial can be wrong or limited by the admissible evidence.  In 2023, it matters only whether he did it or not.  And the evidence is conclusive of the fact.  We have access to Marina's testimony even if it could have been precluded by a marital privilege in a criminal trial context.  We have his confession.  We have recon photos of Walker's home.  We have the note.  Although they are found in the Paine's house that doesn't cast any doubt of them unless you are suggesting Ruth Paine was the Walker shooter ad attempted to frame Oswald for the crime after his death.  They were found among Oswald's possessions.  Baby June didn't commit this act.

And the evidence is conclusive of the fact. 

Only in your wildest dreams....

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2023, 08:46:48 PM »
What difference does this make six decades later?

It makes no difference but some are convinced that Oswald took a shot at Walker. I'm only noting that there's no evidence that directly connects him to the crime.

That doesn't mean he couldn't have done it. I just don't believe we can conclude that he did it based on the available evidence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2023, 08:46:48 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2023, 08:50:44 PM »

Lame excuse #1:

I'm not making any "excuses".  I'm pointing out the obvious lack of conclusive evidence implicating LHO in the attempted murder of General Walker. 

If you know of any evidence that puts Oswald at the Walker crime scene and directly connects him to the crime, please share it.

Otherwise, it's just speculation...

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2023, 09:08:47 PM »
I'm not making any "excuses".  I'm pointing out the obvious lack of conclusive evidence implicating LHO in the attempted murder of General Walker. 

If you know of any evidence that puts Oswald at the Walker crime scene and directly connects him to the crime, please share it.

Otherwise, it's just speculation...

Marina’s testimony, supported by the physical evidence (note, photos, bullet) directly connects LHO to the crime.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2023, 09:08:47 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2023, 09:39:33 PM »
Marina’s testimony, supported by the physical evidence (note, photos, bullet) directly connects LHO to the crime.

But the note, photos, and bullet don’t connect anybody to any crime. So you’re left with Marina said so. And she wasn’t there.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2023, 09:41:34 PM »
All that is required is for the person who found it to identify it. This was done.

Really? Where can we find his testimony to that effect?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2023, 10:53:31 PM »
But the note, photos, and bullet don’t connect anybody to any crime. So you’re left with Marina said so. And she wasn’t there.

Again, Marina’s testimony is supported by the physical evidence. And the physical evidence is supported by Marina’s testimony. Together they most definitely connect LHO to the crime. A jury would have to consider all of the evidence. This would be to help insure a fair trial. If we want to give the case a fair shake, we should keep this in mind when forming opinions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2023, 10:53:31 PM »