Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Walker Case  (Read 29652 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Walker Case
« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2023, 01:25:09 PM »
Advertisement
Does that mean the entire report was written in Dallas?

So, the Dallas office sent people to Washington and New Orleans to verify the authenticity of pieces of evidence. Does that make sense to you?

Anyway, it's hardly relevant where it was written. The fact remains that Odum wasn't aware his name had been used in the report, which automatically means that he didn't read it before it was submitted to the WC.

You haven’t shown anything other than your biased opinion that Odum never read the report.

Here is what the report says about the Walker bullet identification:

Bullet from the Walker residence, C148

On June 12, 1964, Exhibit C148, a mutilated rifle slug, was shown to Billy Gene Norvall, former Dallas police officer, 1603 Darr Street, Apartment 147, Irving, Texas, by Special Agent Bardwell D . Odum, Federal Bureau of Investigation. He identified this exhibit as the same one which he had found at the residence of Major General Edwin A . Walker, Dallas Texas, on April 10, 1963, and identified his marking on the slug.

And you have shown nothing whatsoever that even hints that Odum disputes what the report says about the Walker bullet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:34:48 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2023, 01:25:09 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2023, 01:30:46 PM »
You haven’t shown anything other than your biased opinion that Odum never read the report.

Here is what the report says about the Walker bullet identification:

Bullet from the Walker residence, C148

On June 12, 1964, Exhibit C148, a mutilated rifle slug, was shown to Billy Gene Norvall, former Dallas police officer, 1603 Darr Street, Apartment 147, Irving, Texas, by Special Agent Bardwell D . Odum, Federal Bureau of Investigation. He identified this exhibit as the same one which he had found at the residence of Manor General Sdwin A . Walker, Dallas Texas, on April 10, 1963, and identified his marking on the slug.

And you have shown nothing whatsoever that even hints that Odum disputes what the report says about the Walker bullet.

I seriously doubt there is anything I could say that would have any impact on your own biased opinion. For what it is worth, your claim that Odum did read the report is pure speculation.

I am not aware that Odum was ever asked about what the report says about the Walker bullet.

But you seem to be missing the point John made. Odum said that the information in the report about him showing CE399 to Tomlinson and Wright was not correct because it never happened. If that part of the report is untrue, you can not rely on other parts of the same report to be true, which of course includes the part of the Walker bullet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:57:18 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2023, 02:18:22 PM »

I seriously doubt there is anything I could say that would have any impact on your own biased opinion. For what it is worth, your claim that Odum did read the report is pure speculation.

I am not aware that Odum was ever asked about what the report says about the Walker bullet.

But you seem to be missing the point John made. Odum said that the information in the report about him showing CE399 to Tomlinson and Wright was not correct because it never happened. If that part of the report is untrue, you can not rely on other parts of the same report to be true, which of course includes the part of the Walker bullet.

Dismissing the entire report as unreliable based on something some yet to be identified “researcher” said that Odum supposedly said years after the fact about a part of the report that is not related to the Walker bullet is typical of the common and utterly ridiculous tactics used by people who write conspiracy books to make money. If you want to try to create some doubt about the part of the report in which Odum supposedly based on hearsay from some yet to be identified reasercher, then have fun with it. But it has nothing to do with the Walker bullet.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2023, 02:18:22 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2023, 02:41:06 PM »
She brought the book to the Secret Service with Marina's other belongings and they found the note in the book.

Not saying it was planted but there were plenty of opportunities to do so under those circumstances.

Again, why would anyone need to link Oswald to the Walker attempt AFTER he was already dead, and the investigating authorities were satisfied of his guilt?  What would be the purpose of all that? The conspirators aren't satisfied with just framing him for the JFK assassination and then murdering him to keep him silent?  They now have to frame him for yet another crime by fabricating a note, hiding it in a book in Paine's home, and then somehow manipulating the discovery of the note? 

In doing all this, however, they fail to directly link it to the Walker attempt by making specific reference to that event in the note.  The entire purpose of the fabricated note is to frame Oswald in this conspiracy fantasy - right?  So why not go all out and make that explicit.  "Dear Marina.  Don't wait up.  I'm off to shoot General Walker."  LOL.  Of course Oswald himself would have every reason to be coy about the contents of any such letter since it could be used later as evidence against him.  So he has every reason to not be more explicit about why he had left such a note.  It aligns perfectly with Oswald's purpose but not that of any fantasy conspirator.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2023, 02:58:43 PM »
Dismissing the entire report as unreliable based on something some yet to be identified “researcher” said that Odum supposedly said years after the fact about a part of the report that is not related to the Walker bullet is typical of the common and utterly ridiculous tactics used by people who write conspiracy books to make money. If you want to try to create some doubt about the part of the report in which Odum supposedly based on hearsay from some yet to be identified reasercher, then have fun with it. But it has nothing to do with the Walker bullet.

Dismissing the entire report as unreliable based on something some yet to be identified “researcher” said that Odum supposedly said years after the fact

What makes you think the researcher hasn't been identified yet?

Just by saying that you demonstrate clearly that you are not aware of the facts and are just saying things to be argumentative. I am not at my regular pc, where I store all the JFK files, and I can't remember the name of the researcher right now, but I can give you that later today.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2023, 02:58:43 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »
Dismissing the entire report as unreliable based on something some yet to be identified “researcher” said that Odum supposedly said years after the fact

What makes you think the researcher hasn't been identified yet?

Just by saying that you demonstrate clearly that you are not aware of the facts and are just saying things to be argumentative. I am not at my regular pc, where I store all the JFK files, and I can't remember the name of the researcher right now, but I can give you that later today.

The researcher hasn’t been identified in this thread.

Be sure to include the circumstances and any evidence that Odum “went on the record” with this.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2023, 03:35:13 PM »
What makes you think that Odum even knew about what some unknown FBI employee wrote in a report?
When he was contacted he was completely surprised to learn that his name had been used, in the "authentication" of CE399 so, no, it doesn't stand to reason that Odum must have agreed with anything in CE2011 and that includes anything to do with the Walker shooting.

Btw, where would somebody go to make a statement on the record about what is written in a FBI report that's locked away for many years in the National Archives?

Btw, where would somebody go to make a statement on the record about what is written in a FBI report that's locked away for many years in the National Archives?

CE 2011 was published for the public shortly after the release of the Warren Report in 1964 (volume XXIV, page 411). It was not locked away in the national archives for “many years”.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2023, 04:08:04 PM »

Be sure to include the circumstances and any evidence that Odum “went on the record” with this.

So what? If you knew who he was you wouldn't have asked....

Anyway, the researcher was Gary Aquilar and he talked to Odum on September 12, 2002

Perhaps this helps you understand (although I doubt it);

https://history-matters.com/essays/frameup/EvenMoreMagical/images/Slide11.GIF

https://history-matters.com/essays/frameup/EvenMoreMagical/images/Aguilar-Tilley_3-7-2005.pdf

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 04:15:41 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2023, 04:08:04 PM »