Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A question about Oswald  (Read 15900 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: A question about Oswald
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2023, 05:57:38 PM »
Advertisement
You are not claiming that Day fabricated the print because he didn't "report" to it to anyone?  If not, what is the basis of your silly claim that Day didn't lift Oswald's print from the rifle?

You are not claiming that Day fabricated the print because he didn't "report" to it to anyone?

Correct. That's all just you trying to put words in my mouth. You are the one who is constantly jumping to conclusions, not I!

I am merely stating, for now, that Day was told to hand over the evidence to the FBI on Friday evening and he didn't.

what is the basis of your silly claim that Day didn't lift Oswald's print from the rifle?

Where exactly did I make that claim?

As per usual you are simply lying about what I allegedly have claimed. The truth is that you, rather foolishly, claimed that Oswald's print was found on the rifle. I merely pointed out that this is not true. Instead his print was found on an evidence card that was suddenly produced after Oswald's death when it was clear there wasn't going to be a trial. And that evidence card does not, in no way shape or form, confirm that Oswald's print was found on the rifle.

Btw, in the oral history video Day said that the FBI visited him at home to ask about the print on the evidence card, because they were puzzled about how Day could have lifted that print of the rifle after the weapon came back from Washington. Rather telling, don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 06:38:15 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2023, 05:57:38 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2023, 06:18:42 PM »
You keep going on about the Sixth Floor Museum, when we are discussing what Sneed and Drain wrote? Why are you trying to muddy the waters....

Btw, the difference between the Sixth Floor Museum transcript and Sneed's alleged verbatim quotes us that the Sixth Floor Museum's oral history series are all verifiable as they are on video as well.

The bottom line is that Sneed basically said he quoted Day verbatim (except when he edited the information for "occasional reorganization", whatever that means) but it can't be verified. You just take his word for it.

Drain just reported what Day had told him. Are you claiming that Drain was lying when he wrote that in his report?

One more comment. Drain wrote his report in 1964 and Day testified before the WC that same year. What he told Drain and the WC does not match what he said in the Oral History video (in 1996) or what

Sneed claims (in 1998) what he told him..... You were saying about morphing memories?

The bottom line is that you haven’t shown one single time that Carl Day actually said what you claimed. I have shown two instances where he says otherwise.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2023, 06:32:49 PM »
The bottom line is that you haven’t shown one single time that Carl Day actually said what you claimed. I have shown two instances where he says otherwise.

BS... I have shown you his WC testimony which matches exactly with what Vincent Drain wrote in his report.

All you have shown me is an oral history recorded 32 years after the fact and the claim by a book author that he was quoting Day verbatim 36 years after the fact.

Amazing how you favor a 32 year recollection and the word of an author over contemporary testimony under oath, but I guess you are not just another fanatical zealot for nothing.

I ask again, are you claiming that Drain was lying when he wrote his report?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2023, 06:32:49 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2023, 06:53:14 PM »
BS... I have shown you his WC testimony which matches exactly with what Vincent Drain wrote in his report.

All you have shown me is an oral history recorded 32 years after the fact and the claim by a book author that he was quoting Day verbatim 36 years after the fact.

Amazing how you favor a 32 year recollection and the word of an author over contemporary testimony under oath, but I guess you are not just another fanatical zealot for nothing.

I ask again, are you claiming that Drain was lying when he wrote his report?

If you showed me any WC testimony where Carl Day said what you are claiming, I must have missed it.

Drain was not quoting Carl Day verbatim. There are numerous incidents in the WC testimonies where the witness does not confirm what the FBI reports indicated the witnesses said. I think if Carl Day were asked by the WC under oath to verify what Drain wrote, that Carl Day would not confirm it. And I think that Carl Day would tell the WC the same things he told Sneed and the Sixth Floor Museum Oral History.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2023, 09:07:06 PM »

If you showed me any WC testimony where Carl Day said what you are claiming, I must have missed it.

Drain was not quoting Carl Day verbatim. There are numerous incidents in the WC testimonies where the witness does not confirm what the FBI reports indicated the witnesses said. I think if Carl Day were asked by the WC under oath to verify what Drain wrote, that Carl Day would not confirm it. And I think that Carl Day would tell the WC the same things he told Sneed and the Sixth Floor Museum Oral History.

Some posts seem to have disappeared, so I'll try this again.

Drain was not quoting Carl Day verbatim.

So, if a quote is not verbatim, it can't be true.... is that what you are saying?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2023, 09:07:06 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2023, 12:01:35 AM »
You are not claiming that Day fabricated the print because he didn't "report" to it to anyone?  If not, what is the basis of your silly claim that Day didn't lift Oswald's print from the rifle?

The palmprint that Day took on the 22nd.

The print that the FBI took directly from Oswald's rifle.

Random marks from Day's print is a perfect match to the prints take from Oswald's rifle by the FBI.

And besides the above Incredibly Powerful Indisputable Evidence, Vincent Scalice with high resolution photos taken with multiple exposures of Oswald's rifle proved again beyond all doubt that Oswald's prints were on the Trigger Guard of Oswald's rifle!!!

SLAM DUNK!

JohnM

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2023, 12:10:50 PM »
A couple of snips from the interview of Vincent Drain in “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed:

This is apparently what Drain was talking about in his September 1964 report when he refers to Carl Day’s instructions to turn over all the evidence [that was requested] in CE 3145:

Earlier in the evening [11/22/63], about 8:00 o’clock, the division chief had talked to me on the telephone and informed me that the FBI in Washington demanded that we bring to them for examination the rifle, the revolver that was used to kill Tippit, as well as the different paraphernalia such as identification cards and other small items that Oswald had on him. I discussed it with the police chief and told him that we’d keep the chain of evidence intact and that I would pick them up there myself and wait for them until they were examined in Washington then bring them back. So it was turned over to us.

It wasn’t until after LHO was murdered that the FBI requested all of the evidence. Here is another snip from the Vincent Drain section of “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed:

The next day I was the representative of the FBI at Tippit’s funeral. I remember riding back from the cemetery in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas to the police department with a newspaperman named Jerry O’Leary of the Washington Star. As we were talking and listening to the radio, Waggoner Carr, who was the attorney general of Texas at the time, said that he was going to open up a hearing himself. Put it this way: There was quite a bit of competition at that time between the police department, the local district attorney’s office, and the Texas attorney general. As a result, after Oswald was killed, the FBI wanted to get all of the evidence and have it brought back to Washington because I think they wanted to preserve it for posterity’s sake.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2023, 02:56:08 PM »
A couple of snips from the interview of Vincent Drain in “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed:

This is apparently what Drain was talking about in his September 1964 report when he refers to Carl Day’s instructions to turn over all the evidence [that was requested] in CE 3145:

Earlier in the evening [11/22/63], about 8:00 o’clock, the division chief had talked to me on the telephone and informed me that the FBI in Washington demanded that we bring to them for examination the rifle, the revolver that was used to kill Tippit, as well as the different paraphernalia such as identification cards and other small items that Oswald had on him. I discussed it with the police chief and told him that we’d keep the chain of evidence intact and that I would pick them up there myself and wait for them until they were examined in Washington then bring them back. So it was turned over to us.

It wasn’t until after LHO was murdered that the FBI requested all of the evidence. Here is another snip from the Vincent Drain section of “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed:

The next day I was the representative of the FBI at Tippit’s funeral. I remember riding back from the cemetery in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas to the police department with a newspaperman named Jerry O’Leary of the Washington Star. As we were talking and listening to the radio, Waggoner Carr, who was the attorney general of Texas at the time, said that he was going to open up a hearing himself. Put it this way: There was quite a bit of competition at that time between the police department, the local district attorney’s office, and the Texas attorney general. As a result, after Oswald was killed, the FBI wanted to get all of the evidence and have it brought back to Washington because I think they wanted to preserve it for posterity’s sake.

This is apparently what Drain was talking about in his September 1964 report

Apparently? In your opinion of course, right?

In your mind, there is no way that, 36 years after the fact, Drain (if he was quoted verbatim to begin with) wasn't all that precise in his general description, right?

I wonder what he meant with "the different paraphernalia"....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2023, 02:56:08 PM »