Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A question about Oswald  (Read 15968 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: A question about Oswald
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2023, 10:01:32 PM »
Advertisement
Laughable.  You claimed that Day didn't "report" the finding of Oswald's print for a week AND that somehow proves that he must have fabricated the print.  A completely baseless and absurd conclusion.  Compounded by the fact that you haven't even proven that Day didn't report it to someone.  How exactly is it holding back evidence to report the print in the very first week of the investigation? HA HA HA.  That one is a knee slapper.  Particularly given all that was going on including the murder of Oswald.   Can you demonstrate to us that Day's conduct, even as you have characterized it without knowing the facts, was outside the normal investigative process of the DPD in 1963?   Of course not.

Answer the question I asked. Here it is again;

Day claimed to have lifted the print on 11/22/63 and did not present it to anybody until 11/26/63. If he didn't forget to report the print, are you claiming he kept it back on purpose?

You claimed that Day didn't "report" the finding of Oswald's print for a week AND that somehow proves that he must have fabricated the print.  A completely baseless and absurd conclusion.

Another false claim by "Richard Smith".... Stop lying. I never claimed anything of the kind. You just made it up.

How exactly is it holding back evidence to report the print in the very first week of the investigation? HA HA HA.

Hey stupid, all the evidence was supposed to be shipped to the FBI in Washington on Friday evening. That would also include an evidence card with a print on it.

Mr. DAY. On the bottom side of the barrel which was covered by the wood, I found traces of a palmprint. I dusted these and tried lifting them, the prints, with scotch tape in the usual manner. A faint palmprint came off. I could still see traces of the print under the barrel and was going to try to use photography to bring off or bring out a better print. About this time I received instructions from the chief's office to go no further with the processing, it was to be released to the FBI for them to complete. I did not process the underside of the barrel under the scopic sight, did not get to this area of the gun.

We know for a fact that Day's evidence card wasn't part of the evidence the FBI received. So, if Day didn't "forget" about it and did not hold it back, then what in the world was going on?.....

And there is more... if Day did in fact lift that print from the rifle on Friday afternoon, don't you think Captain Fritz, who at that time was interrogating Oswald, would have loved to have known about a positive match? Day had Oswald's prints on file by then and he could have easily determined if there was a match or not, but instead we are supposed to believe that he just lifted the print and then just put it in his desk's drawer despite to being told to hand over the evidence to the FBI.

In what alternate universe is it possible to consider this behavior part of "the normal investigative process of the DPD"?

Could it be, perhaps, just maybe that the evidence card simply did not yet exist?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2023, 10:01:32 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2023, 12:40:54 AM »
Laughable.  You claimed that Day didn't "report" the finding of Oswald's print for a week AND that somehow proves that he must have fabricated the print. 

Strawman “Smith” strikes again. Martin made no such claim.

Can you demonstrate to us that Day's conduct, even as you have characterized it without knowing the facts, was outside the normal investigative process of the DPD in 1963?

Day was instructed to turn ALL the evidence over to the FBI that night, was he not?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2023, 01:25:55 AM »
Strawman “Smith” strikes again. Martin made no such claim.

Day was instructed to turn ALL the evidence over to the FBI that night, was he not?

Carl Day “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed, page 238:

Around 11:30 that night I received orders which merely said, “Release the rifle to the FBI.” Shortly thereafter I handed it over to Vince Drain of the FBI.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2023, 01:25:55 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2023, 01:30:14 AM »
Carl Day “No More Silence” by Larry Sneed, page 238:

Around 11:30 that night I received orders which merely said, “Release the rifle to the FBI.” Shortly thereafter I handed it over to Vince Drain of the FBI.

That's not what he said in his WC testimony. Why you would want to ignore testimony under oath and go with a quote in a book is beyond me.

But even if that was true, he had already lifted the print from the rifle, right? So, why not check it against Oswald's prints instead of putting it in his desk drawer for several days?
It makes no sense.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2023, 01:46:29 AM »
That's not what he said in his WC testimony. Why you would want to ignore testimony under oath and go with a quote in a book is beyond me.

It would seem Mr. Collins gives credence to some morphing memories after all!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2023, 01:46:29 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2023, 02:04:57 AM »

But even if that was true, he had already lifted the print from the rifle, right? So, why not check it against Oswald's prints instead of putting it in his desk drawer for several days?
It makes no sense.

Same page as the above quote from “No More Silence” the paragraph just before that quote:

Before I got the picture made, another message came in: “Drop everything! Don’t do anything else!” It must have been 9:00 o’clock or later. “Drop everything! Don’t do anything else!” This came through my captain, Captain Doughty, but it probably came to him from Deputy Chief Lumpkin. So we didn’t complete what we were trying to do. I’d have probably been working on it all night if I’d had the time.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2023, 02:14:05 AM »
Answer the question I asked. Here it is again;

Day claimed to have lifted the print on 11/22/63 and did not present it to anybody until 11/26/63. If he didn't forget to report the print, are you claiming he kept it back on purpose?

Whew.  So now it is not a week but four whole days!  I'm not claiming he kept it back on purpose or that he kept it back at all (whatever that means).  Kept it back from who?  He may very well have mentioned it to someone, but it was not documented.  He may have been busy under the circumstances.  It takes months for DNA results to be returned in modern investigations.  Does that mean the delay means the result must be faked?  You have no clue whatsoever what Day did or said with print.  BUT even if he didn't mention it to anyone for several days, that does not mean he faked the print.  That is insane.   There was an ongoing investigation.  The DPD detectives were collecting evidence.  The "reporting" part was ongoing.  If it took a few days to gather all the evidence that would be understandable.  To suggest it must mean that he fabricated the print is complete lunacy.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2023, 02:20:35 AM »

Same page as the above quote from “No More Silence” the paragraph just before that quote:

Before I got the picture made, another message came in: “Drop everything! Don’t do anything else!” It must have been 9:00 o’clock or later. “Drop everything! Don’t do anything else!” This came through my captain, Captain Doughty, but it probably came to him from Deputy Chief Lumpkin. So we didn’t complete what we were trying to do. I’d have probably been working on it all night if I’d had the time.

More morphing memories....

It still doesn't make any sense. What picture is he talking about? And even if he is told to "drop everything", how would that be enough to discontinue an examination of a print he allegedly found on the rifle. He was told to turn over all the evidence to the FBI, that same night, but according to his WC testimony he did not follow that instruction and held back the evidence card with the print.

Apart for anything else, as a forensic officer he must have understood the significance of a print found on the alleged murder weapon, yet he does nothing and keeps it in his desk drawer for days.... really?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2023, 02:20:35 AM »