Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A question about Oswald  (Read 15895 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: A question about Oswald
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2023, 04:28:34 PM »
Advertisement

From the transcript from the Sixth Floor Museum:

J. “Carl” Day
August 15, 1996
By Bob Porter

Carl: Yes, I'd known Drain a long time. And I told him at the time, there's a print here. I showed him where it is, where it was. But I don't know whether it registered with him or not. Anyway, he took the gun. But that's all that I turned over. I didn't turn over the lift that I'd previously made of that dim print, because I thought that they would find that under there and come up with their own print. My orders were turn over the gun, and so I don't remember if I gave them anything else or not - there may have been one or two other things. But I didn't even think of giving them this print that I had lifted off of there.

Anyway, he took the gun. But that's all that I turned over.

So, he did hold back the print he later claimed to have lifted....  Thanks for the confirmation!

I didn't turn over the lift that I'd previously made of that dim print, because I thought that they would find that under there and come up with their own print.

Well, they didn't. The FBI could not find any print or even residue of a print being lifted. Ain't that something....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2023, 04:28:34 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »
You need a time machine to convince Martin from "Europa" (he stays up late) of any fact that lends itself to Oswald's guilt.  Even if Day didn't mention the print to anyone for a week that in no way means that he fabricated the print as Martin stupidly suggests.  That is tin foil hat nonsense.

Except Martin did not suggest that.... It's just another classic "Richard Smith" strawman.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2023, 04:33:39 PM »

Engaging with either one of the naysayers is an exercise in futility. They appear to already have their minds made up that the authorities are not to be believed. The only reason to engage them is for the benefit of someone who has an open mind that might be reading these posts.

Engaging with either one of the naysayers is an exercise in futility.

Coming from a fanatical zealot, this is hilarious!

Why is it that LNs who can not make a convincing argument always resort to attacking the people who disagree with them and/or expose their claims as being bogus?

They appear to already have their minds made up that the authorities are not to be believed.

As if you haven't made your mind up that the authorities are always telling the truth..... even when they are blatantly lying.   :D

The only reason to engage them is for the benefit of someone who has an open mind that might be reading these posts.

That's exactly the reason why I keep calling you and your ilk out. Someone with an open mind needs to understand that what you are feeding him or her is nothing but propaganda and claims that are not supported by the evidence.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 04:39:37 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2023, 04:33:39 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2023, 04:36:25 PM »
The way you twist and turn to "answer" a simple question without actually answering it, by posting quotes from a book, is telling enough.

Who wrote the damned book? Sneed, right?... So, if he didn't say what you quoted, who did?

Carl Day said it. Larry Sneed is conveying Day’s words to the public in his book. Same thing with the oral history from the Sixth Floor Museum.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2023, 04:43:45 PM »
Carl Day said it. Larry Sneed is conveying Day’s words to the public in his book. Same thing with the oral history from the Sixth Floor Museum.

How dishonest can you get....

Larry Sneed wrote the book. He claimed that he conveyed what Carl Day said.

How is that any different from Drain writing in his report what Day said?

Day said it and Drain reported what he said....

Day said it and Sneed wrote in his book what he said.....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 04:45:10 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2023, 04:43:45 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2023, 05:06:43 PM »
How dishonest can you get....

Larry Sneed wrote the book. He claimed that he conveyed what Carl Day said.

How is that any different from Drain writing in his report what Day said?

Day said it and Drain reported what he said....

Day said it and Sneed wrote in his book what he said.....

The difference is that both Sneed’s book and the Sixth Floor Museum’s oral history transcript are reporting Carl Day’s words. Drain’s report is not.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2023, 05:39:19 PM »
Except Martin did not suggest that.... It's just another classic "Richard Smith" strawman.

You are not claiming that Day fabricated the print because he didn't "report" to it to anyone?  If not, what is the basis of your silly claim that Day didn't lift Oswald's print from the rifle?

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2023, 05:39:50 PM »
The difference is that both Sneed’s book and the Sixth Floor Museum’s oral history transcript are reporting Carl Day’s words. Drain’s report is not.

You keep going on about the Sixth Floor Museum, when we are discussing what Sneed and Drain wrote? Why are you trying to muddy the waters....

Btw, the difference between the Sixth Floor Museum transcript and Sneed's alleged verbatim quotes us that the Sixth Floor Museum's oral history series are all verifiable as they are on video as well.

The bottom line is that Sneed basically said he quoted Day verbatim (except when he edited the information for "occasional reorganization", whatever that means) but it can't be verified. You just take his word for it.

Drain just reported what Day had told him. Are you claiming that Drain was lying when he wrote that in his report?

One more comment. Drain wrote his report in 1964 and Day testified before the WC that same year. What he told Drain and the WC does not match what he said in the Oral History video (in 1996) or what

Sneed claims (in 1998) what he told him..... You were saying about morphing memories?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2023, 05:39:50 PM »