Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A question about Oswald  (Read 15899 times)

Offline Martin Weidmann

Re: A question about Oswald
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2023, 03:02:50 PM »
Advertisement
Isn't it just remarkable that Lt Day, in his oral history interview, states that he told Drain that there was a print visible on the rifle, but that Drain wasn't really interested?

So, not only does Day tell Drain about a print still on the rifle, but he completely fails to tell him about the print he had already lifted.

And then, when the rifle is examined at the FBI lab in Washington, no print or even residue of a print was found.... Go figure.

No wonder that they visited Day at home, for an explanation, after he had made them aware of the existence of the evidence card.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2023, 03:02:50 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2023, 03:34:46 PM »
Isn't it just remarkable that Lt Day, in his oral history interview, states that he told Drain that there was a print visible on the rifle, but that Drain wasn't really interested?

So, not only does Day tell Drain about a print still on the rifle, but he completely fails to tell him about the print he had already lifted.

And then, when the rifle is examined at the FBI lab in Washington, no print or even residue of a print was found.... Go figure.

No wonder that they visited Day at home, for an explanation, after he had made them aware of the existence of the evidence card.

You find this more remarkable than what you are implying happened.  That Day, for some as yet unspecified reason, somehow fabricated Oswald's print and falsely claimed that he took it from the rifle.  Thereby committing a potential crime to fabricate evidence in the most important case in his career AFTER the suspect that he was framing was already dead and there would be no trial.  In addition, Day knew that the DPD as the investigative authority had sufficient evidence to link Oswald to the crime and were satisfied of his guilt. But Day decides to fabricate more evidence to frame a dead person risking his career and prison?  Wow.

Then we have the FBI, who you have also implied were involved in framing Oswald, for some reason won't play along here and confirm the discovery of Oswald's prints on the rifle.  HA HA HA. That is your idiotic narrative.  You find it sinister that it took the investigators a few days to sort out the evidence in the midst of all that was going on that week including the murder of their suspect.  Amazing.  And, of course, if the FBI had found the print on the rifle, you would be here ranting that it was fabricated and arguing it wouldn't have been possible after Day had taken the print.  And on and on and on down the endless rabbit holes.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »
You find this more remarkable than what you are implying happened.  That Day, for some as yet unspecified reason, somehow fabricated Oswald's print and falsely claimed that he took it from the rifle.  Thereby committing a potential crime to fabricate evidence in the most important case in his career AFTER the suspect that he was framing was already dead and there would be no trial.  In addition, Day knew that the DPD as the investigative authority had sufficient evidence to link Oswald to the crime and were satisfied of his guilt. But Day decides to fabricate more evidence to frame a dead person risking his career and prison?  Wow.

Then we have the FBI, who you have also implied were involved in framing Oswald, for some reason won't play along here and confirm the discovery of Oswald's prints on the rifle.  HA HA HA. That is your idiotic narrative.  You find it sinister that it took the investigators a few days to sort out the evidence in the midst of all that was going on that week including the murder of their suspect.  Amazing.  And, of course, if the FBI had found the print on the rifle, you would be here ranting that it was fabricated and arguing it wouldn't have been possible after Day had taken the print.  And on and on and on down the endless rabbit holes.

Get back to me when you can write a post without telling me (incorrectly) what I am supposed to be claiming or implying.

In addition, Day knew that the DPD as the investigative authority had sufficient evidence to link Oswald to the crime and were satisfied of his guilt.

Wow, in other posts you have been telling us what Oswald was thinking and now you tell us what Day knew...... That's some amazing talent. Either that or you are just making stuff up.

Btw, you completely failed to see and understand the absolute contradiction in these statements;

"Day knew that the DPD as the investigative authority had sufficient evidence to link Oswald to the crime and were satisfied of his guilt."

"You find it sinister that it took the investigators a few days to sort out the evidence in the midst of all that was going on that week"

Hilarious.... :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:18:18 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2023, 04:32:25 PM »
Snips from “JFK First Day Evidence” bit Gary Savage:

A quote from R.W. Livingston, Crime Lab Detective, DPD, page 77:

“…I am sure that Lieutenant Day, who was in charge of the Crime Lab, dusted the rifle that was found on the sixth floor of the
School Book Depository, and lifted a partial palm print off the underside of the barrel after the rifle was taken apart. They had the actual print there in the office that night.  Compared it myself with Oswald’s palm print. I thin all the other people on the day shift had already looked at the palm print before I arrived that night, but I went ahead and looked at the palm print myself and was satisfied that it was Oswald’s.”

Another assertion, this one by the author, Gary Savage, page 79:

…most, if not all, other Crime Lab Officers saw and compared the palm print themselves, including Rusty, Pete Barnes, H. R. Williams, and Bobby Brown. Ample opportunity to compare the palm print lifted from the rifle existed since it remained in the Crime Lab Office for several days, and each officer recalled the lift and had no doubt that it was Oswald’s.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2023, 04:55:18 PM »

“…I am sure that Lieutenant Day, who was in charge of the Crime Lab, dusted the rifle that was found on the sixth floor of the
School Book Depository, and lifted a partial palm print off the underside of the barrel after the rifle was taken apart. They had the actual print there in the office that night.  Compared it myself with Oswald’s palm print. I thin all the other people on the day shift had already looked at the palm print before I arrived that night, but I went ahead and looked at the palm print myself and was satisfied that it was Oswald’s.”

…most, if not all, other Crime Lab Officers saw and compared the palm print themselves, including Rusty, Pete Barnes, H. R. Williams, and Bobby Brown. Ample opportunity to compare the palm print lifted from the rifle existed since it remained in the Crime Lab Office for several days, and each officer recalled the lift and had no doubt that it was Oswald’s.

They had the actual print there in the office that night.  Compared it myself with Oswald’s palm print.

Amazing... so, if this is true (which is a big "if"), it means that they had already identified the print on the evidence card as belonging to Oswald before the rifle was handed over to the FBI on Friday evening, and nobody come up with thought that it might be a good idea to, perhaps, tell Fritz or the FBI about it? Is that even credible?

Even worse, in his oral history interview, Lt Day himself said that he was in the process of photographing the print, when he was told to stop what he was doing. This was of course on Friday evening, which makes you wonder what the people on the day shift saw (if anything). A bit later on in the same interview, Day says that he never found out that the print came back to Oswald until the FBI examined the evidence card, after 11/26/63. Go figure...

So, how does one reconcile these two statements? In my mind the only explanation is morphed and blurred memories, 32 to 36 years after the fact.

So, now we are going with a claim by an author of a book published 30 years after the fact? Really? What happened to all that verbatim stuff?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:01:08 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2023, 04:55:18 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2023, 05:00:36 PM »
Get back to me when you can write a post without telling me (incorrectly) what I am supposed to be claiming or implying.

In addition, Day knew that the DPD as the investigative authority had sufficient evidence to link Oswald to the crime and were satisfied of his guilt.

Wow, in other posts you have been telling us what Oswald was thinking and now you tell us what Day knew...... That's some amazing talent. Either that or you are just making stuff up.

Btw, you completely failed to see and understand the absolute contradiction in these statements;

"Day knew that the DPD as the investigative authority had sufficient evidence to link Oswald to the crime and were satisfied of his guilt."

"You find it sinister that it took the investigators a few days to sort out the evidence in the midst of all that was going on that week"

Hilarious.... :D

Oswald was arrested and charged for the crime on Nov. 22.  There is no doubt whatsoever that Day, as everyone else in America, knew that meant the DPD believed they had sufficient evidence to link him to the crime.  It takes no "talent" but merely a functioning brain to reach that conclusion.  That is where you are struggling mightily. There is no reason for Day to fabricate evidence when he knows:

1) Oswald had been arrested and charged with the crime because the DPD concluded that they had sufficient evidence to do so;
2) Oswald was dead meaning that there would never be a trial in which evidence would be needed to convict him; 
3) Fabricating evidence is a crime that would have resulted in potential prison time or, at the very least, the loss of his job and reputation; and
4) The FBI would also be searching the rifle for prints.

Lastly there is no evidence, as in zero, that Day fabricated the print and lied about taking it from the rifle.  You haven't even tried to offer any such evidence.  You merely cite the alleged (and apparently false) claim that Day did not disclose the existence of the print for a few days.  You somehow twist is into a claim that he fabricated it. 

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 PM »
Oswald was arrested and charged for the crime on Nov. 22.  There is no doubt whatsoever that Day, as everyone else in America, knew that meant the DPD believed they had sufficient evidence to link him to the crime.  It takes no "talent" but merely a functioning brain to reach that conclusion.  That is where you are struggling mightily. There is no reason for Day to fabricate evidence when he knows:

1) Oswald had been arrested and charged with the crime because the DPD concluded that they had sufficient evidence to do so;
2) Oswald was dead meaning that there would never be a trial in which evidence would be needed to convict him; 
3) Fabricating evidence is a crime that would have resulted in potential prison time or, at the very least, the loss of his job and reputation; and
4) The FBI would also be searching the rifle for prints.

Lastly there is no evidence, as in zero, that Day fabricated the print and lied about taking it from the rifle.  You haven't even tried to offer any such evidence.  You merely cite the alleged (and apparently false) claim that Day did not disclose the existence of the print for a few days.  You somehow twist is into a claim that he fabricated it.

Oswald was arrested and charged for the crime on Nov. 22.  There is no doubt whatsoever that Day, as everyone else in America, knew that meant the DPD believed they had sufficient evidence to link him to the crime.

Utter BS... Yes, they charged Oswald for Kennedy's murder, but at that time they didn't even have anything to to link Oswald to the rifle. In fact, J.E. Hoover told Johnson the next day that they had no solid evidence yet. You do understand that you can arrest somebody on a suspicion and subsequently let him go if no evidence against that person is found. Don't you think Day would have known that also?

Lastly there is no evidence, as in zero, that Day fabricated the print and lied about taking it from the rifle.  You haven't even tried to offer any such evidence.

Why would I try to do that when I never made the claim? It's you who is constantly and desperately trying to come up with idiotic reasons to justify what I said Day did.

You merely cite the alleged (and apparently false) claim that Day did not disclose the existence of the print for a few days. 

There is nothing false about it.

You're all over the place... claiming Day knew Oswald was guilty on day one, when he himself said in the oral history interview that he only learned of the connection between Oswald and the rifle after the FBI examined the print on the evidence card. And at the same time you argue that the FBI and other investigators needed a couple of days to sort out the evidence..... Hilarious HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:21:56 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2023, 08:23:19 PM »

I am sure that Lieutenant Day, who was in charge of the Crime Lab, dusted the rifle that was found on the sixth floor of the School Book Depository, and lifted a partial palm print off the underside of the barrel

This statement By Detective Livingston is absolutely true.....   We have the film footage taken by Tom Alyea that shows Detective Day dusting the rifle INSIDE the sixth Floor just minutes after the rifle was discovered BENEATH the pallet of boxes of books.    Alyea said the he watched as Detective Day LIFTED a print from the rifle with Scotch tape and place that lift on a small white card .   

We can be sure that this lift is the "palm print" that was presented to the WC .    The official tale says that detective  Day didn't tell the FBI about the lift and he lied about disassembling the and finding the print on the barrel after the rifle was disassembled.

after the rifle was taken apart. They had the actual print there in the office that night.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2023, 08:23:19 PM »