Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A question about Oswald  (Read 15888 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: A question about Oswald
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2023, 07:32:11 PM »
Advertisement
Still waiting for an explanation from Mr. Cakebread of what exactly he means when he says that "they did manage to change that smudge into the palm print of Lee Oswald after they sent all of the evidence back to the DPD"..................

I am Sorry.... I didn't intend to create a mystery.   

What I'm saying is;.... The authorities could change evidence on a whim like a deranged magician.   An example would be the flat out lie of Henry Wade ...." Oh,...and ... "Did I mention that we've found his prints on the gun"

They had found NO identifiable prints on the rifle.... But That Didn't prevent the Dallas  DA, Henry Wade, from telling reporters that They had found Lee Oswald's prints on the rifle.   And once he'd blurted out that damned lie it became a FACT .... And that lie lives on to this very day.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2023, 07:32:11 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2023, 09:53:41 PM »

Alan, this makes the whole thing even more confusing.

The official story is that Lt Day took the palmprint of the rifle, at the DPD, but didn't process it completely because he was told to drop everything and turn the evidence over to the FBI, who subsequently found not prints or even residue of a print on the rifle.

If this is an accurate communication to SAC Dallas on the day of the assassination, at first glance, it seems to support the official story, but the last sentence (Lt Day was at this time at the book despository and the gun was at the PD) actually destroys the official narrative.

As Walt pointed out is that Day left the TSBD with the rifle and he never returned to the building. So, what the hell is going on here?

Can you post the entire memo?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2023, 10:09:43 PM »
Day left the TSBD with the rifle and he never returned to the building.

Really?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2023, 10:09:43 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2023, 10:18:03 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2023, 10:20:10 PM »
Alan, this makes the whole thing even more confusing.

The official story is that Lt Day took the palmprint of the rifle, at the DPD, but didn't process it completely because he was told to drop everything and turn the evidence over to the FBI, who subsequently found not prints or even residue of a print on the rifle.

If this is an accurate communication to SAC Dallas on the day of the assassination, at first glance, it seems to support the official story, but the last sentence (Lt Day was at this time at the book despository and the gun was at the PD) actually destroys the official narrative.

As Walt pointed out is that Day left the TSBD with the rifle and he never returned to the building. So, what the hell is going on here?

Can you post the entire memo?

"So what the hell is going on here?"

It's very clear to me that the authorities were lying and doing what ever was necessary tp frame Lee Oswald. 

They were the guilty party and their necks were in the noose.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2023, 10:20:10 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2023, 10:22:53 PM »
You know different?

Mr. BELIN. What else did you do, or what was the next thing you did after you completed photographing and inspecting the rifle on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building for whatever prints you could find, what did you do next?
Mr. DAY. I took the gun at the time to the office and locked it up in a box in my office at Captain Fritz' direction.
Mr. BELIN. Then what did you do?
Mr. DAY. I went back to the School Book Depository and stayed there. It was around three that I got back, and I was in that building until about 6, directing the other officers as to what we needed in the way of photographs and some drawing, and so forth.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2023, 11:08:38 PM »
Mr. BELIN. What else did you do, or what was the next thing you did after you completed photographing and inspecting the rifle on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building for whatever prints you could find, what did you do next?
Mr. DAY. I took the gun at the time to the office and locked it up in a box in my office at Captain Fritz' direction.
Mr. BELIN. Then what did you do?
Mr. DAY. I went back to the School Book Depository and stayed there. It was around three that I got back, and I was in that building until about 6, directing the other officers as to what we needed in the way of photographs and some drawing, and so forth.

Ok, so what's the point you are trying to make?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2023, 10:27:51 PM »
There were a number of latent and semi-smudged prints on the rifle but the FBI examiner was an old-school stickler requiring a certain degree of lift quality and number of identification points. For a print to be considered for lifting at the FBI then, it had to be visible on the object with enough points through a hand-held magnifying glass. 

Sounds like reasonable doubt. There’s a reason for those standards.

Latona dismissed the trigger-guard housing fingerprints as "of no value" despite his own efforts to photograph them and having Day's photos. It was not until 1993 that the trigger-guard prints were better analyzed by combining the high-quality pictures taken by Day. The results were presented in the outstanding 1993 PBS documentary "Who was Lee Harvey Oswald?".

Not “better analyzed”, just much weaker criteria. Photos with no provenance stashed in a briefcase for 30 years and no disclosure on how many points matched or where they were.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2023, 10:27:51 PM »