Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Where Did Prayer Woman Go After The Shooting?  (Read 24351 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Where Did Prayer Woman Go After The Shooting?
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2023, 07:11:38 PM »
Advertisement
Separate issue, so treating it separately here.............

Officer Baker is not heading for the steps.

Mr. BAKER - At this point, I looked down here as I was parking my motorcycle and these people on this ground here, on the sidewalk, there were several of them falling, and they were rolling around down there, and all these people were rushing back, a lot of them were grabbing their children, and I noticed one, I didn't know who he was, but there was a man ran out into the crowd and back.
Mr. BELIN - Did you notice anything else?
Mr. BAKER - Except there was a woman standing--well, all these people were running, and there was a woman screaming, "Oh, they have shot that man, they have shot that man."

He's half-telling us an all-important fact here: there was indeed a woman standing, and Darnell shows him running in a straight line not for the entrance steps but for her:

Officer Baker is not heading for the steps.

Not to be pedantic but I actually said that "Baker reaches the area near the bottom of the steps", which is correct. The point I was making was that he was close enough to hear Gloria's "hysterics" and made a comment about it.

Darnell shows him running in a straight line not for the entrance steps but for her

It doesn't show him running "for her", it shows him running in her direction.
There is no credible reason why Baker has pulled up his bike and made a bee-line straight for the woman you are pointing out.
"What are you doing with a homemade paper bag?" 
I'm not convinced.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2023, 07:11:38 PM »

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2023, 07:46:07 PM »
Hi Dan and Alan,
According to Shelley,

“Immediately following the shooting, Billy N. Lovelady and I accompanied some uniformed officers to the railroad yards just west of the building and returned through the westside door of the building about ten minutes later. I remained in the building until about 1.30p.m. When I was asked to go to the Dallas Police Dept to furnish an affidavit.”  credit the great Ray Mitcham!  There was no Gloria encounter on the steps! It happened at the corner of the park----the Grassy Knoll by the concrete arcade like Bill and Officer Smith said! Thank you both for everything! Sincerely yours, Michael

Seems Vicki and Sarah must have taken ten minutes to exit the building.

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/7461156    page 20

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2023, 09:23:41 PM »
There's no way to compare the physique of the two men in these pictures. All that can be said is that both are wearing baggy, dark coloured suits.

I disagree. Look also at the footage of Mr. Shelley being led to the cop car with Messrs. Williams & Arce. He's not a big man. The guy is Darnell is too burly, broad-shouldered IMO

Lovelady's testimony (I really am not a fan of relying on his or Shelley's words unless I feel they are corroborated) states that Shelley was close by while he was having his interaction with Gloria.

Well, he and Mr. Shelley testify that NEITHER of them leaves the steps until after Ms. Calvery comes running up. Mr. Shelley (and you are under no illusion about this) is lying, and Mr. Lovelady is covering for him.

If what you are saying happened is what actually happened, what reason would Mr. Shelley possibly have for lying about it? He ran out, bumped into Ms. Calvery, then ran back to the steps. No big deal, right?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:32:12 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2023, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2023, 09:28:13 PM »
Darnell shows him running in a straight line not for the entrance steps but for her

It doesn't show him running "for her", it shows him running in her direction.

It does indeed. And what other reason would he have for running in her direction? Letters he urgently needs to post?

There is no credible reason why Baker has pulled up his bike and made a bee-line straight for the woman you are pointing out.
"What are you doing with a homemade paper bag?" 
I'm not convinced.

Strawman.

What do you think she's holding up btw?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2023, 10:13:17 PM »
It does indeed. And what other reason would he have for running in her direction? Letters he urgently needs to post?

He's heading towards the TSBD building. The place where he thinks the shots are coming from.
What do you think he's doing?

Strawman.

??
How is it a strawman?

What do you think she's holding up btw?

Whatever it is it appears to have a sleeve.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2023, 10:13:17 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2023, 10:43:43 PM »
He's heading towards the TSBD building.

But not the front steps. These---let me explain---are what would need to be ascended if one wishes to enter the building

The place where he thinks the shots are coming from.
What do you think he's doing?

I've already said: he's running over to the woman

??
How is it a strawman?

Read what you wrote, and compare it to my actual analysis

Whatever it is it appears to have a sleeve.

Has Mr. Welch hacked into Mr. O'Meara's account??

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2023, 10:53:17 PM »
I disagree. Look also at the footage of Mr. Shelley being led to the cop car with Messrs. Williams & Arce. He's not a big man. The guy is Darnell is too burly, broad-shouldered IMO

Well, he and Mr. Shelley testify that NEITHER of them leaves the steps until after Ms. Calvery comes running up. Mr. Shelley (and you are under no illusion about this) is lying, and Mr. Lovelady is covering for him.

If what you are saying happened is what actually happened, what reason would Mr. Shelley possibly have for lying about it? He ran out, bumped into Ms. Calvery, then ran back to the steps. No big deal, right?

I agree, they don't leave the area of the steps until Gloria has come running up. After she tells Lovelady what happened they both head up the Elm Street extension.
In his affidavit, given shortly after the assassination, Shelley states he first ran across the street, met Gloria, then returned to the steps. I'm proposing that we are seeing Shelley doing exactly that in the Darnell clip. Lovelady testifies that he encounters Gloria while he is still on the steps, I'm proposing that's exactly what we are seeing in the Darnell clip. It's after this encounter both men head up the Elm Street extension.

Not 100% sure what you're issue is with that.
Is it because Shelley doesn't mention going out to meet Gloria in his WC testimony, therefore he's lying in his affidavit?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2023, 10:53:17 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2023, 10:56:42 PM »
I agree, they don't leave the area of the steps until Gloria has come running up. After she tells Lovelady what happened they both head up the Elm Street extension.
In his affidavit, given shortly after the assassination, Shelley states he first ran across the street, met Gloria, then returned to the steps. I'm proposing that we are seeing Shelley doing exactly that in the Darnell clip. Lovelady testifies that he encounters Gloria while he is still on the steps, I'm proposing that's exactly what we are seeing in the Darnell clip. It's after this encounter both men head up the Elm Street extension.

Not 100% sure what you're issue is with that.
Is it because Shelley doesn't mention going out to meet Gloria in his WC testimony, therefore he's lying in his affidavit?

No, the question is: Why does Mr. Shelley----------with support from Mr. Lovelady-----------walk back for the WC the events he clearly narrated in his affidavit?