Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: When Was JBC Hit?  (Read 49927 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: When Was JBC Hit?
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2024, 11:33:45 PM »
Advertisement
I recall seeing an interview when JBC was asked if it was possible that he and JFK were hit on the second shot and he admitted it was possible, but he also said that the best witness - Nellie - didn't believe it because she saw JFK reacting before he (Gov. Connally) was hit.

The interview was for the CBS 1967 4 part special "A CBS News Inquiry: The Warren Report" hosted by Walter Cronkite.  David Von Pein's site has all four parts: http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/05/cbs-news-inquiry-warren-report.html

The part referred to is in Part 2, at the 52 minute mark:

Thank you, that is most likely where I remember seeing Connally say that he thought the SBT is possible. I looked in his book at the chapter titled six seconds in Dallas and didn’t find it there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2024, 11:33:45 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2024, 02:20:06 AM »
Actually, JBC said in this interview that there was more than half a second between the first and second and estimated there were 2 seconds between them - at 2:25 of this 1966 statement:

;D
Once again, you ignore nearly everything I've posted and this time reproduce just a single sentence. It's quite funny that the single sentence you reproduce is the one pointing out that you ignore nearly everything I've posted.

The arguments I've presented still apply.
The complexity of recalling traumatic events revolves around the apparent contradiction between one's impressions at the time and the temporal distortions that occur as part of the recalling process. JBC recalls his initial thoughts, which all consist of expressing an incredibly small time gap between hearing the shot and feeling the shot but his actual memory of the event has been distorted, time has slowed down to such an extent he experiences two disconnected events. This is why, on one hand, he can quickly snap his fingers together three times to represent the shots but then describe the time gap as 10 to 12 seconds, which isn't quick at all.
His initial thoughts are that an automatic rifle is being used. Why would he have that impression if there was a two second gap between what he thought were the first and second shots? An automatic rifle could fire around eight rounds in this time, the gap between each round being a small fraction of a second. Two seconds is about enough time for a shooter to operate a bolt action rifle. Why would Connally confuse this with an automatic rifle? Why would he think there were two or three shooters if the time gap was enough for one man to operate a bolt action rifle? Why would he say "My God, it was quick", if it wasn't really that quick?
His memory of the shooting is distorted, time has slowed down. That is why there is an apparent contradiction between how quick the event was - a "split second" - and how long it seemed to last - seconds instead of fractions of seconds.

What we know with 100% certainty is that he is not describing a gap of more than four and a half seconds.
This is the gap required for Mason's Absolutely Demented Theory [ the MAD theory aka The Masonic Bodge].
There is no possible way Connally is mistaking a 4.5 second gap for automatic fire.
There is no possible way Connally is mistaking a 4.5 second gap for two or three shooters.
There is no possible way Connally is mistaking a 4.5 second gap for a "split second".

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 07:23:57 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2024, 12:08:24 AM »
;D
Once again, you ignore nearly everything I've posted and this time reproduce just a single sentence. It's quite funny that the single sentence you reproduce is the one pointing out that you ignore nearly everything I've posted.
…….

What we know with 100% certainty is that he is not describing a gap of more than four and a half seconds.
This is the gap required for Mason's Absolutely Demented Theory [ the MAD theory aka The Masonic Bodge].
There is no possible way Connally is mistaking a 4.5 second gap for automatic fire.
There is no possible way Connally is mistaking a 4.5 second gap for two or three shooters.
There is no possible way Connally is mistaking a 4.5 second gap for a "split second".
A first shot at z193 and a second shot at z271 is 78 frames or 4.26 seconds. But it is not just Connolly who puts the first two shots that far apart. Dozens of witnesses said there was a longer pause between the first two with the last two in rapid succession. Some said the ratio was about 2 to 1.

We don’t expect people to be clocks, especially when they are preoccupied with what is happening to them.

It is not surprising that he would think it was automatic fire. JBC’s experience with rifles was as a hunter. I suggest that 3 shots in 6.5 or 6.6 seconds rarely occurs when hunting with a bolt action rifle.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 12:10:14 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2024, 12:08:24 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2024, 02:06:23 AM »
A first shot at z193 and a second shot at z271 is 78 frames or 4.26 seconds. But it is not just Connolly who puts the first two shots that far apart. Dozens of witnesses said there was a longer pause between the first two with the last two in rapid succession. Some said the ratio was about 2 to 1.

We don’t expect people to be clocks, especially when they are preoccupied with what is happening to them.

It is not surprising that he would think it was automatic fire. JBC’s experience with rifles was as a hunter. I suggest that 3 shots in 6.5 or 6.6 seconds rarely occurs when hunting with a bolt action rifle.

JBC’s experience with rifles was as a hunter. I suggest that 3 shots in 6.5 or 6.6 seconds rarely occurs when hunting with a bolt action rifle.

Apparently you haven’t read chapter 5: Anchors Aweigh in Connally’s book “In History’s Shadow.” I invite you to do so if you really want to know what Connally experienced during WWII. And if you do, I think you will probably not (after you have read that chapter and learned more about JBC’s experiences) suggest that JBC wouldn’t recognize automatic gunfire.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 02:07:39 AM by Charles Collins »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2024, 02:26:21 AM »

JBC’s experience with rifles was as a hunter. I suggest that 3 shots in 6.5 or 6.6 seconds rarely occurs when hunting with a bolt action rifle.

Apparently you haven’t read chapter 5: Anchors Aweigh in Connally’s book “In History’s Shadow.” I invite you to do so if you really want to know what Connally experienced during WWII. And if you do, I think you will probably not (after you have read that chapter and learned more about JBC’s experiences) suggest that JBC wouldn’t recognize automatic gunfire.
The question is whether he would recognize the shots a NOT automatic fire. I hope you are not suggesting it was an automatic rifle firing those shots.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2024, 02:26:21 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2024, 03:07:16 AM »
The question is whether he would recognize the shots a NOT automatic fire. I hope you are not suggesting it was an automatic rifle firing those shots.

Anyone with the experiences that JBC had in WWII could easily distinguish the differences. JBC said he never heard the shot that hit him. Apparently he just assumed that it was a separate shot. The fact that he described that only a very very short time span elapsed between when he heard the first shot (that he recalled hearing) and when he felt the “fist” hit his back is what brought the thought of automatic gunfire to his mind. This suggests to me that it was the same shot with a delayed reaction to the pain (similar to what you claim about a supposedly separate shot hitting his leg and him not feeling it for several seconds).

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2024, 07:04:04 PM »

But it is not just Connolly who puts the first two shots that far apart.

Connally doesn't put the shots that far apart.
That's the point of what's being said.
His first impressions are that the two events are a split second apart.
His recollection of the event slows time down.
But at no time does he put the shots over four seconds apart.
Automatic rifle.
Two or three shooters.
My God, it was quick.
A split second.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2024, 06:53:40 PM »
Anyone with the experiences that JBC had in WWII could easily distinguish the differences. JBC said he never heard the shot that hit him. Apparently he just assumed that it was a separate shot. The fact that he described that only a very very short time span elapsed between when he heard the first shot (that he recalled hearing) and when he felt the “fist” hit his back is what brought the thought of automatic gunfire to his mind. This suggests to me that it was the same shot with a delayed reaction to the pain (similar to what you claim about a supposedly separate shot hitting his leg and him not feeling it for several seconds).
But he heard the first shot before he felt the bullet hit him in the back.  If two events happened from the same shot, the sound reaching his ear would have happened after the bullet hit his back/armpit.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #239 on: May 20, 2024, 06:53:40 PM »