Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The LHO Escape -- Panic and Shock  (Read 27008 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: The LHO Escape -- Panic and Shock
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2023, 04:37:54 PM »
Advertisement
Depository worker Oswald suddenly has a Friday afternoon off. Wouldn't he check with Frasier to see when he was going to Irving? Or was Oswald-the-Family-Man skipping a weekend with his family?

I figure Oswald-the-Cheapskate (who bought himself magazine subscriptions, weapons and a trip to Mexico City while Marina's teeth rotted and the kids lived on handouts) would be so worried that Marina would splurge the "fortune" he left behind that he would want to get back to Irving pronto.

Marina/WC testimony on Oswald's weekend plans:

Mr. RANKIN. Did you discuss the weekend that was coming up?
Mrs. OSWALD. He said that he probably would not come on Friday, and he didn't come he was in jail.
Mr. RANKIN. When he said he would not be home that Friday evening [November 21st 22nd], did you ask him why?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
Mr. RANKIN. What did he say?
Mrs. OSWALD. He said that since he was home on Thursday, that it wouldn't make any sense to come again on Friday, that he would come for the weekend.

So he leaves $170 and tells Marina to buy what she wants. Even though he was going to see her Saturday and Sunday. They lived apart due to lack of money; they were always poor, desperate (those CIA checks kept getting lost in the mail I guess). But suddenly money is no issue? "Go ahead Marina, spend it all."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 06:04:53 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2023, 04:37:54 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2023, 05:11:39 PM »
The amount of money left under the circumstances was unusually large for LHO.  According to his own wife, leaving his wedding ring at home was an extremely unusual occurrence.  His mere presence at the Paine home on Thursday was singular.  Do those things alone prove he was the assassin?  No, but taken in the context of all the evidence they lend themselves to the conclusion that Oswald made this unusual trip to the home that night to obtain the rifle which he stored there.  Knowing that the act of assassinating the president entailed his death or arrest, he left the money and wedding ring for his family.   He lied to Frazier.  Telling him that the trip was to obtain curtain rods.  No such curtain rods were taken.  Oswald didn't need any such curtain rods.  No curtain rods were found in the TSBD or Oswald's boarding house in a package as described by Frazier.   Oswald's rifle was missing from the Paine garage.  It was found on the 6th floor along with a long bag with Oswald's prints.  Oswald told Frazier that he was not carrying his lunch that morning, but then told the police that he carried his lunch in a sack.   Why lie about his lunch to Frazier or the police?  It makes for a compelling case against Oswald.

His mere presence at the Paine home on Thursday was singular. 

So what? The weekend before he didn't go at all, which was also singular. In total he only made a couple of trips to Irving. To argue that his trip on Thursday has some special meaning, because it was a deviation from his usual routine, is utter speculation.

Do those things alone prove he was the assassin?  No, but taken in the context of all the evidence they lend themselves to the conclusion that Oswald made this unusual trip to the home that night to obtain the rifle which he stored there. 

The only problem with this is that you can't even prove that Oswald owned a rifle in November 1963 and that it was that rifle that was "stored" in Ruth Paine's garage. All you actually have is Marina saying that she looked in the blanket, about a week after leaving New Orleans (which would make it late September 63), and saw a rifle. Everything else is supposition and conjecture. You can't even prove that it was the MC rifle that was stored in the garage.

So, how any of those other things, which are questionable by themselves, can justify the conclusion that Oswald went to Irving to collect a rifle that you can't even show was actually there, is beyond me. You've got your imagination running wild.

Oswald's rifle was missing from the Paine garage.

There you go again. Another combination of wild claims for which you can not provide a shred of actual evidence. It's all assumption and speculation.

Oswald told Frazier that he was not carrying his lunch that morning, but then told the police that he carried his lunch in a sack.

More LN cherry picking. If you are going to rely on Frazier, then also rely on him when he described how Oswald held the package (between the cup of his hand and below his armpit) and also accept that, on Friday evening, Frazier was shown the bag found at the TSBD and clearly stated that it wasn't the bag he had seen Oswald carry.

It makes for a compelling case against Oswald.

No it doesn't. It only demonstrates clearly what the pre-determined outcome of the investigation had to be.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2023, 05:19:23 PM »
Depository worker Oswald suddenly has a Friday afternoon off. Wouldn't he check with Frasier to see when he was going to Irving? Or was Oswald-the-Family-Man skipping a weekend with his family?

I figure Oswald-the-Cheapskate (who bought himself magazine subscriptions, weapons and a trip to Mexico City while Marina's teeth rotted and the kids lived on handouts) would be so worried that Marina would splurge the "fortune" he left behind that he would want to get back to Irving pronto.

If Oswald was really the cheapskate you make him out to be, why would he have left money for Marina and the kids in the first place? If he was killed and the money was found on his person, it would go to Marina anyway, so there was no reason for him to leave it in Irving. In fact, if he only thought about himself it would have made more sense to keep the money himself just in case he could get away.

Your "logic" (if it can be called that) simply doesn't make any sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2023, 05:19:23 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2023, 10:52:05 PM »
it seems the point i have made several times now is being ignored . i will say it one last time . the money was found in an old wallet . this was money and even atleast one cheque , monies that oswald placed in that wallet at differing points in time over weeks if not months . and dating from a time prior to them ever living at the paines house . yes oswald may have told marina to take some of that money if she needed , he was after all trying to reconcile with her , and so he may have thought that would make marina happy .

his presence at the paines on thursday was singular ? you mean a singular event ? that he had never gone to the paines on any other night other than a friday ? . if so you will find that to be incorrect .

we know even from one of your very own star witnesses (marina her self ) in testimony that oswald did indeed come home to try and  make things right with her . he tried to talk to her and try to reconcile but she would have none of it . so to say he only went home to get a rifle is not accurate .

oswald as has been said here already was usually quiet and kept to himself , even frazier said it was difficult to get him to talk . but he would talk about his kids . so in that sense i have zero reason to believe that oswald being the way he was would volunteer to tell frazier he was going home on thursday because his marriage was in the crapper .and that he was going there because he was desperate to try and reconcile with her . so i would not be surprised in such a case if oswald or whom ever made up a reason for the trip . you ask why lie ? well ive just given you a valid reason based on our knowledge of oswald as a person .

Oswald must have had the worst luck of any person in history.  Imagine how unlucky that it was that he broke his normal routine to visit the very location where he kept his rifle on the night before the assassination.  That he left his wedding ring that morning.  That he carried a long package to work.  That he was the only TSBD employee to leave identifiable prints on the SN boxes.  Wow.  He was like Mr. Magoo in that old cartoon.  Marina confirmed the money was left on Oswald's last visit.  You try to rebut this by suggesting that the author had CIA connections.  Let me get this one straight.  You think that long after Oswald's death that the CIA needed to influence a book to put out a story that Oswald left some money on his last visit?  Why?  He was dead and the official investigations had linked him to the crime.  And what was in the long packages that he carried that morning if not curtain rods?  How did Oswald's rifle make its way from the Paine garage to the 6th floor of Oswald's place of employment?  Why couldn't his visit wait one more day to his usual Friday visit?  Why did Oswald flee the scene within minutes of the assassination and get a gun? 

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2023, 12:22:18 AM »
Oswald must have had the worst luck of any person in history.  Imagine how unlucky that it was that he broke his normal routine to visit the very location where he kept his rifle on the night before the assassination.  That he left his wedding ring that morning.  That he carried a long package to work.  That he was the only TSBD employee to leave identifiable prints on the SN boxes.  Wow.  He was like Mr. Magoo in that old cartoon.  Marina confirmed the money was left on Oswald's last visit.  You try to rebut this by suggesting that the author had CIA connections.  Let me get this one straight.  You think that long after Oswald's death that the CIA needed to influence a book to put out a story that Oswald left some money on his last visit?  Why?  He was dead and the official investigations had linked him to the crime.  And what was in the long packages that he carried that morning if not curtain rods?  How did Oswald's rifle make its way from the Paine garage to the 6th floor of Oswald's place of employment?  Why couldn't his visit wait one more day to his usual Friday visit?  Why did Oswald flee the scene within minutes of the assassination and get a gun?
Here is Marina on the accuracy of the book:

Q. And following that then, after you saw the book in its final form, did you read it in its entirety?
A. Yes; I did.
Q. With respect to the matters in the book that you have personal knowledge about, and I take it there are some things in there you simply have no personal knowledge about, but with respect to the things that you do, did you find inaccuracies in the book or things that did not comport with your memory?
A. Well, as far as the facts that came from me or---
Q. Yes, ma'am.
A. That is true but some conclusion that she has to come to on her own, maybe even analyzing my character, that was up to her to decide but the facts were not twisted.
Q. OK, So the facts then that you have knowledge of as portrayed in the book are accurate to the best of your memory?
A. Only the facts that concern my and Lee's life. I am not responsible for other characters, I don't know how true that is.
Q. I understand. At least the facts that concern you and Lee and that you had personal knowledge of after reading the book seemed accurate?
A. Yes

And her view on Priscilla McMillan:
Q. When did you first meet Priscilla Johnson MacMillan?
A. I think in 1964.
Q. And what were the circumstances of that meeting ?
A. Well, he had lots of approaches from different writers or publish- ing companies to write the 'book about and I did not want to or did I have the rights to do anything like that and I was approached by Priscilla MacMillian and then she was Johnson, or by Harper & Rowe and by telegrams or maybe it was a written request and I refused. Then one day she arrived in Dallas and was on my doorstep. I liked the person very much and never changed my opinion of her since then.

Link/source: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/jfkinfo4/jfk12/marinade.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2023, 12:22:18 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2023, 12:42:03 AM »

Try reading this BS while ignoring the questionable claim that Oswald owned a rifle which he stored at Ruth Paine's garage and took to the TSBD on Friday morning. Without that rifle all Richard's assumptions fall apart.

The bottom line is that Richard hasn't got a shred of evidence that Oswald owned a rifle, that he kept it at Ruth Paine's garage, that he took it to the TSBD and/or that it even was the MC rifle that was found on the 6th floor. You can ask Richard for this evidence as much as you like, you will never ever get an answer, because it doesn't exist. Instead, Richard will just go with unsubstantiated assumptions and conjecture.

Online John Mytton

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2023, 12:49:12 AM »

Oswald must have had the worst luck of any person in history.

All very good points but I just would like to add;

Oswald happened to work in the building with a clear view of when the shots took place.
Even though there was only black men and women in the windows facing Elm street, the first Police radio report said a white slim male about 30(Oswald early balding fits) was doing the shooting.
Oswald is on film admitting that he was inn the building at the time without any other alibi.
The 3 distinctly different fibers on the rifle just happened to match the 3 distinctly different fibers shirt he was wearing when arrested, and we know the prohibitive probability is extremely unlikely that they came from elsewhere.
The first cop killed by a firearm in Dallas for years just happened to occur at a time and place that was between Oswald's confirmed leaving the Rooming house and when he was arrested.
The jacket that was discovered in a Parking lot that he just happened to b e seen entering while wearing a jacket.

What an unlucky son of a gun.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2023, 12:49:12 AM »

Online John Mytton

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2023, 12:53:51 AM »
The bottom line is that Richard hasn't got a shred of evidence that Oswald owned a rifle, blah blah blah...

There's way more than a shred of evidence! You're not only an embarrassment to this Forum but the you're an embarrassment to the entire Human Race!

JohnM