Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dr. Cyril Wecht has died  (Read 8399 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Dr. Cyril Wecht has died
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2024, 07:38:37 PM »
Advertisement
  Just look at the very LOW Angle of that pointer touching the BACK of JFK. Now, place 2 Tall/Wide SS Agents on the (R) running board of the Queen Mary following closely behind the JFK Limo. Those 2 Large SS Agents standing atop the (R) running board makes that Low Angle BACK shot extremely difficult .  Plus, Elm St runs DOWNHILL. This places the Queen Mary at a Higher Elevation on Elm St vs the JFK Limo. This is Exactly why when sharpshooters are attempting to replicate shots being fired from the sniper's nest, they NEVER include a closely following car with 2 Tall/Stocky Men standing atop a (R) running board. 
  On, "The Men Who Killed Kennnedy" (1988) BBC Presentation, a 2nd hand account of shot(s) being fired from the rear on, "the horizontal" was presented. This "horizontal" shot(s) fired theory was supported in, "Unsolved History JFK, Death In Deleay Plaza" (2003). During the Wiegman segment, Wiegman detailed his climbing out of Camera Car #1 and then feeling the "compression" of a bullet on his face.
  And of course, Knott Lab Laser SCIENCE has already Proven that the SBT, "IS IMPOSSIBLE". This is SCIENCE vs a lawyer with a pointer and his slick yakety yak. Not a tough choice to make.           

The angle to the sniper’s nest was approximately 17-degrees to the limo. The street angle is approximately 3-degrees to level. Here’s a marked up frame from Bronson showing roughly the slope of Elm Street (blue line) and the trajectory to the sniper’s nest window (red line). As anyone can see, the SS agents standing on the running boards are well below the trajectory of the bullets.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2024, 07:38:37 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2024, 08:39:07 PM »

Really? (1) Where EXACTLY is the half open sniper's nest window? (2) I just put my protractor along that (line?) and it Failed to meet the "approximately?" 17% mark. Scrawling a squiggly line onna still frame does Not come close to proving anything. Yet, some of you wanna challenge Knott Lab Laser SCIENCE.     

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2024, 09:04:04 PM »
  Really? (1) Where EXACTLY is the half open sniper's nest window? (2) I just put my protractor along that (line?) and it Failed to meet the "approximately?" 17% mark. Scrawling a squiggly line onna still frame does Not come close to proving anything. Yet, some of you wanna challenge Knott Lab Laser SCIENCE.   

Yes, really!

The ~17-degrees is in relation to the slope of the road. It is also the same ~17-degree angle that is seen in the photo of the reconstruction demo in the garage (note the string on the wall behind them).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2024, 09:04:04 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2024, 09:24:50 PM »

"String on the wall"?  Whatever this might be, it is Not SCIENCE.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2024, 09:49:11 PM »

(I believe the bullet arrived a few frames earlier, but Z225 is the first frame in which we see the two men).

And The Wecht Show is? ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2024, 09:49:11 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2024, 12:02:47 AM »

The two yellow lines encircle the string on the wall in two different locations. Do you see the string now? That string was placed by the surveyors using the transit which has the blue arrow pointing at it. The surveyors placed the string at the same angle as their survey showed the angle to be to the sniper’s nest window (less the 3-degree slope of the street) which equals approximately 17-degrees. The photo shows that the pointer is being held parallel to the string which indicates the pointer is at the same elevation angle as the path to the sniper’s window. This is very scientific and can be repeated today with the same results. The Bronson photo shows that the 17-degree angle places the path of the bullets well above the SS agents standing on the running boards.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2024, 08:50:48 AM »

The two yellow lines encircle the string on the wall in two different locations. Do you see the string now? That string was placed by the surveyors using the transit which has the blue arrow pointing at it. The surveyors placed the string at the same angle as their survey showed the angle to be to the sniper’s nest window (less the 3-degree slope of the street) which equals approximately 17-degrees. The photo shows that the pointer is being held parallel to the string which indicates the pointer is at the same elevation angle as the path to the sniper’s window. This is very scientific and can be repeated today with the same results. The Bronson photo shows that the 17-degree angle places the path of the bullets well above the SS agents standing on the running boards.

An excellent post.
A bit of old school surveying and common sense.
It reminds me of this Reply you posted a while back, which remains one of my favourite posts of any member of the forum:

Out of curiosity, I tried my hand at the two-laser test. Here are the results:

Here is the set-up, about 5-feet apart and a little over seventeen degrees elevation slope with an eleven degree right to left angle:

The laser level is mounted on a tripod, the front laser is mounted on a boom microphone stand, and they are pointed directly at each other:

The results are shown as follows. I don't have what I think would be a suitable mirror. But you might notice that the image from the rear is a screenshot of a pause in the video at the same time that I took the front photo with a phone camera (I spoke the words "right now" when I took the front photo and, while replaying it, paused the video when I heard me speak those words). This helps to assure that I didn't move between the two photos.

Judging from the location of the laser "crosshair" on the pattern of the shirt, it is about 3-7/8" down from the top of the collar:

This was yet another verification for me that the WC got it right. I thought I would share the details of how I set this experiment up. I triple-checked the aiming of the lasers before and after the test. It appears to me that Jack Trojan might not have set things up properly in his test.

On the flip side we have the latest in "science" from the Knotts Labs crew which culminates in this representation of Zapruder frame 225:

There are two really serious issues with this model:
1] The green line shows the trajectory of the bullet through JFK. It hits JBC in the back about 10 inches away from the actual location JBC was hit.
Where did this shot go? Where is the bullet hole in JBC's back according to this model? And why doesn't the green line pass through JFK's throat?
2] A way more serious issue is the red line which represents the trajectory of the bullet through JBC.
According to this model JFK must have shot JBC!!
How does the red line represent the reality of the situation? It shows the bullet that passed through JBC must have passed through JFK's chest!

It is also worth noting that, although the representation of Dealey Plaza and the limo are first class, the Knott-so-hot crew seemed to have employed children to do the modelling for JFK and JBC. Why is that?
Luckily, we have our resident Knotts Lab expert, Royell, to clear up these issues.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 08:53:27 AM by Dan O'meara »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2024, 11:19:05 AM »
An excellent post.
A bit of old school surveying and common sense.
It reminds me of this Reply you posted a while back, which remains one of my favourite posts of any member of the forum:

On the flip side we have the latest in "science" from the Knotts Labs crew which culminates in this representation of Zapruder frame 225:

There are two really serious issues with this model:
1] The green line shows the trajectory of the bullet through JFK. It hits JBC in the back about 10 inches away from the actual location JBC was hit.
Where did this shot go? Where is the bullet hole in JBC's back according to this model? And why doesn't the green line pass through JFK's throat?
2] A way more serious issue is the red line which represents the trajectory of the bullet through JBC.
According to this model JFK must have shot JBC!!
How does the red line represent the reality of the situation? It shows the bullet that passed through JBC must have passed through JFK's chest!

It is also worth noting that, although the representation of Dealey Plaza and the limo are first class, the Knott-so-hot crew seemed to have employed children to do the modelling for JFK and JBC. Why is that?
Luckily, we have our resident Knotts Lab expert, Royell, to clear up these issues.

Thanks Dan. I haven’t taken an in-depth look at the Knott Labs study. However, at a glance, it appears to me that they have JBC in the wrong position. Shift him over to his left slightly and the green path hits him where it actually did. Something that most people seem to fail to recognize is what happens when one sitting in a seat twists their torso in order to see something behind. I have marked the WC photo to show the amount of the seat back showing to the right of the model’s right shoulder. Add the width of his upper arm/shoulder area and his armpit area is getting close to the centerline of the seat. This alignment should align better with the green bullet path than what Knott Labs shows.

It is very easy for anyone to try this at home. Simply sit in a seat with a back, twist your torso around to your right to see behind yourself, and see where your right armpit is in relation to the seat back.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 11:22:48 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2024, 11:19:05 AM »