Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 4K Zapruder film  (Read 2592 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: 4K Zapruder film
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2024, 03:10:41 PM »
Advertisement
The variety of different reactions from the various spectators is fascinating.  Some are hitting the ground while others don't react at all.  It just brings home how sudden and shocking the event was.  Something that is lost in all the pedantic analysis of every frame.

Sudden, surprising, and shocking, watching the film at normal speed shows us how fast it really happened. Even Charles Brehm (who said he immediately recognized the loud noises as rifle shots) can be seen apparently still standing and clapping “long after” JFK has obviously been shot. Brehm did eventually hit the dirt, but it took some time for that to happen. Pierce Allman said that no one around him appeared to react to the first loud explosion with anything other than surprise and looking around.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 03:11:40 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2024, 03:10:41 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2024, 03:28:12 PM »
The variety of different reactions from the various spectators is fascinating.  Some are hitting the ground while others don't react at all.  It just brings home how sudden and shocking the event was.  Something that is lost in all the pedantic analysis of every frame.

It's different in a war zone. Most would hit the ground at the first shot. A domestic situation is different, where violence is not expected. In DP, I would say most remained in their "comfort zone" for the first two shots. Many dismissed the first report as a "backfire" or "firecracker". There's no obvious gunman and there are urban structures that distort the sound waves. On hearing the third shot and (if they were in a suitable position) seeing the head shot, only then did a few hit the ground, including the Newmans. Some, like a man on the stairway on the knoll, and the Hesters tried to be less in the open. The Wiegman film shows hardly any panic in the crowd even after the head shot (could be they thought it was just firecrackers). If the siren came on just before the head shot, that could indicate to some the reality of what they were witnessing.

I don't know if its been discussed before, but I spotted a woman turning her head sharply rightward beginning in the Z160s; she's turned forward again by Z193. It could mean something as regards the first shot; it could mean nothing. That's one reason why the JFKA "controversy" drags on, with no end in sight. Things in the film (not exactly HD to begin with) can be interpreted in a variety of ways.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2024, 04:05:32 PM »
It's different in a war zone. Most would hit the ground at the first shot. A domestic situation is different, where violence is not expected. In DP, I would say most remained in their "comfort zone" for the first two shots. Many dismissed the first report as a "backfire" or "firecracker". There's no obvious gunman and there are urban structures that distort the sound waves. On hearing the third shot and (if they were in a suitable position) seeing the head shot, only then did a few hit the ground, including the Newmans. Some, like a man on the stairway on the knoll, and the Hesters tried to be less in the open. The Wiegman film shows hardly any panic in the crowd even after the head shot (could be they thought it was just firecrackers). If the siren came on just before the head shot, that could indicate to some the reality of what they were witnessing.

I don't know if its been discussed before, but I spotted a woman turning her head sharply rightward beginning in the Z160s; she's turned forward again by Z193. It could mean something as regards the first shot; it could mean nothing. That's one reason why the JFKA "controversy" drags on, with no end in sight. Things in the film (not exactly HD to begin with) can be interpreted in a variety of ways.

I think that that’s significant as evidence of a first shot around that time. It seems to me that Rosemary Willis is also reacting similarly about that same time. Also, if you look at the camera right (the woman’s left) just coming into the cropped frame the lady with the gold or yellow garment seems to jump a little higher than would normally be expected and her right elbow and shoulders rise up higher than might be expected. Did a sudden explosive noise cause her to react that way? I think that if we could study her motions just before this clip starts, it might be more apparent whether or not that is a startled jump.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2024, 04:05:32 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2024, 06:20:37 PM »

And what about the contrasting "reaction" from the people standing on the (N) side of Elm St? Their "reaction" mirrors that of a Cigar Store Indian. Stick with the Nix Film and the unexplained White Shirt Man running Up-The-Steps. The Original Nix Film has been MIA for decades for a very good reason.

Offline Laurie Corson

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2024, 11:24:44 PM »
Easy for you to say.  Does anyone really know what this clip is and where it came from.  It's definitely not Zapruder.  Can't be for a motion picture because Hollywood usually does a better job.  You can see the white advance car and the people are actually WAVING like one would expect.  What is this?  Could it be from the rumored "other" film? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2024, 11:24:44 PM »

Online Warren Cox

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2024, 12:41:25 AM »

The one with the white lead car in it is a re-enactment for Oliver Stone's movie JFK and has been made to look very low quality to look like a '60's home movie

Offline Laurie Corson

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2024, 03:31:59 AM »
Thx. That makes some sense.  But...still.  The people waving seems more authentic than the frozen people in Zapruder.  Unless someone knows otherwise, I'm keeping this as another open question. Is there any evidence that it's from Oliver Stone???
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 04:19:53 AM by Laurie Corson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2024, 03:31:59 AM »

Online Warren Cox

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2024, 04:35:30 AM »

Yep Just watched JFK the movie and the clip appears (or part of it) in the first 10 minutes The problem with the movie is that original footage is enhanced and mixed with new footage made to look old and it becomes very hard to separate fact from fiction