Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Marine Corp Rifle Scorebook  (Read 877 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: Oswald's Marine Corp Rifle Scorebook
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2024, 01:27:02 AM »
Advertisement
Oswald was perhaps Capable of an 80% score while using a semi auto M1 Garand rifle firing at targets at the same approx elevation as the shooter , while using a shooting position that the shooter in the TSBD was not likely using.

The ? Is ihowxolaysubke it is to extrapolate from that test that Oswald would be able to rapidly fire 2 shots with an old bolt action MC rifle that would be so close together that witnesses perceived the shots to be “back to back” , Or only about 1 sec apart like Lee Bowers demonstrated rapping his hand on the desk in video that Mark Lane recorded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2024, 01:27:02 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2024, 06:19:42 PM »
Oswald was perhaps Capable of an 80% score while using a semi auto M1 Garand rifle firing at targets at the same approx elevation as the shooter , while using a shooting position that the shooter in the TSBD was not likely using.

The ? Is ihowxolaysubke it is to extrapolate from that test that Oswald would be able to rapidly fire 2 shots with an old bolt action MC rifle that would be so close together that witnesses perceived the shots to be “back to back” , Or only about 1 sec apart like Lee Bowers demonstrated rapping his hand on the desk in video that Mark Lane recorded.

"Back to back" is a subjective description.  Given that we are dealing with a sudden, unexpected and shocking event, and trying to drill down to what happened in a matter of a few seconds, such descriptions are informative but shouldn't be construed as literal.  It could simply mean that two shots were closer together than the other shot.  Comparative and only lending insight on the timing by implication to the pause between the other shot. The basic question is this.  Is there anything about this scenario that precludes Oswald from having fired three shots from the 6th floor of the TSBD with his MC rifle and hitting JFK twice?  He was trained in the USMC.  His rifle was functional.  The distance was not great.  Nothing about the circumstances suggests that he couldn't have done this or even that it was unlikely.  I certainly would not like my chances driving in slow moving vehicle down Elm St. while a USMC trained shooter firing three shots.  I don't think anyone else here would.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2024, 10:51:16 AM »

First of all this was Bowers' Hallucination on the day of the assassination. Oops!

Mr. BALL - Did you see any activity in this high ground above Elm after the shot?
Mr. BOWERS - At the time of the shooting there seemed to be some commotion, and immediately following there was a motorcycle policeman who shot nearly all of the way to the top of the incline.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/bowers.htm

Secondly, these shooters who had Actual Real World experience with Bolt Action Rifles, said that the shot spacing in Dealey Plaza could be accomplished with a bolt action rifle.

Mr. BELIN - Have you had occasion to use a bolt action rifle and fire shots quickly one after the other?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir; I have.
Mr. BELIN - Did it appear that, from what you heard, that from your experience you could have operated your own bolt action rifle as quickly as those shots came?
Mr. BAKER - Yes, sir.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/baker_m1.htm

BREHM said that a third shot followed and that all three shots were relatively close together. BREHM stated that he was in military service and he has had experience with bolt-action rifles, and he expressed the opinion that the three shots were fired just about as quickly as an individual can maneuver a bolt-action rifle, take aim, and fire three shots.
https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/brehm.htm

Btw what does "ihowxolaysubke" mean?

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 12:05:20 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2024, 10:51:16 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #19 on: Today at 01:25:17 AM »
@Mr.Spock (JohnM) : I do not know how that unknown gobbledegook word appeared but I did not type it that way.  It must have been changed by some quirk in the programming ( maybe Kirk tampered with it?) when I tapped the post button.

As to Bowers, he’s not the only witness who seems to recall the last 2 shots so close together as to rule out a 4.8 sec spread from Z.224 to Z313.

Even if you could manage to convince skeptics like me ( since I do not believe I am an extreme type CT as you may have encountered over the years) that there’s a shot fired way back at Z150 the problem still remains that the spacing is in conflict with the majority of witness hearing the 1…..2..3 pattern and with the closest witness, Harold Norman who completes his replication of the 3 shots he heard in about 4 secs.

So are you suggesting that I discount  Normans recall of the shot spacing also?

Seems improbable to me that Norman would remember 3 shots spaced over 7-8 seconds ( if proposing Z150-160 1st shot ) being completed in only 4 secs or less)

Most every video recording I’ve seen of Norman doing his boom click click sequence , he completes it in 4 secs ( or even less)

So no disrespect to you JohnM , the senior expert on the WC theory , but I cannot  dismiss just those parts of  Bowers or Norman or Markam statements which conflict with the WC theory while retaining only those parts that support it.