Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dr. Cyril Wecht Cannot Rule Out a Flechette!  (Read 742 times)

Offline Fred Litwin

Dr. Cyril Wecht Cannot Rule Out a Flechette!
« on: June 17, 2024, 12:33:04 PM »
Advertisement
Dr. Wecht Cannot Rule Out a Flechette

One of the sillier conspiracy theories -- that a flechette was fired from an umbrella -- could not be ruled out by Cyril Wecht.

Check out his comments on Louis Witt. And you'll love the comments by Fletcher Prouty!

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/dr-wecht-cannot-rule-out-a-flechette

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

Dr. Cyril Wecht Cannot Rule Out a Flechette!
« on: June 17, 2024, 12:33:04 PM »

Online Royell Storing

Re: Dr. Cyril Wecht Cannot Rule Out a Flechette!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2024, 05:21:44 PM »
  The flechette issue aside, the HSCA Testimony of Louie Witt raises numerous Red Flags. Witt claimed that as the JFK Limo approached him, he was Moving Down the Knoll toward Elm St as he simultaneously struggled to open his umbrella. Of course, this testimony is 100% contrary to every single image captured during this time period. The Bronson Images being central in refuting Witt's HSCA Testimony. On top of that, Witt worked within a few blocks of Dealey Plaza and actually walked to-and-from Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63. Yet, until Witt himself stepped forward and volunteered that he was the Umbrella Man, his identity was totally unknown. This begs the question of how a person that works within walking distance of Dealey Plaza could remain unknown for roughly 15 years. If you believe the Witt Testimony, then you only have 2 choices. (1) The Bronson Images are Bogus, or (2) There were 2 different Umbrella Men simultaneously inside the Knoll area as the JFK Limo came down Elm St that day.     
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 05:23:02 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Laurie Corson

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 09:18:41 PM »
If the choice is between Louis Witt's story and a flechette, I'll take the flechette every time!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 09:18:41 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
Video: Louis Steven Witt House Select Committee Interview 1975
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 11:03:25 AM »
Video: Louis Steven Witt House Select Committee Interview 1975

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 04:46:29 PM »
Yet, until Witt himself stepped forward and volunteered that he was the Umbrella Man, his identity was totally unknown. This begs the question of how a person that works within walking distance of Dealey Plaza could remain unknown for roughly 15 years.

So what? The stranger next to him, "dark complected man," was never identified either. Ditto Babushka Lady, although we were able to see Witt's face in photos, albeit from afar. Evidently, none of Witt's neighbors or co-workers were assassination buffs obsessed with outing Umbrella Man. None ever said to him, "Hey Lou, isn't that you in the photo?" That's not Witt's fault.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 06:05:39 PM by Sean Kneringer »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 04:46:29 PM »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2024, 10:11:01 PM »
I think this thread is slightly misleading in that it implies Wecht is somehow supporting the idea of a flechette, which he most certainly isn't. He states quite clearly that there is not a shred of evidence to support this notion.
The whole idea of an umbrella firing flechettes at JFK as he passes by is one of the many reasons I find it embarrassing to be lumped in with CTers. Someone is firing, what appears to be, frangible rifle rounds at JFK causing his head to explode - what, exactly, is a flechette bringing to the party? It's like someone giving you a wedgie while being beaten to a pulp by Mike Tyson in his prime.
Even more surprisingly, I agree with Royell's point about Witt. There is something very, very wrong with his testimony. He has either got a tragically bad memory or he's lying.
Below are some excerpts from his HSCA testimony:

"Well, as I recall, the motorcade had already made the turn and was coming down Elm Street going west on Elm before I became aware it was there, and it would have been from a straight-line position off to my left about like this [indicating] when I saw it...I got up and started fiddling with that umbrella trying to get it open, and at the same time I was walking forward, walking toward the street...As I moved toward the street, still walking on the grass, I heard the shots that I eventually learned were shots. At the time somehow it didn't register as shots because they were so close together, and it was like hearing a string of firecrackers, or something like that. It didn't at that moment register on me as being shots...I continued to move forward and finally got this umbrella up in the air. I think by the time I got the thing up in the air I was over and possibly standing on the retaining wall...As I was moving forward I apparently had this umbrella in front of me for some few steps. Whereas other people I understand saw the President shot and his movements; I did not see this because of this thing in front of me. The next thing I saw after I saw the car coming down the street, down the hill to my left, the car was just about at a position like
this [indicating] at this angle here. At this time there was the car stopping, the screeching of tires, the jamming on of brakes, motorcycle patrolman right there beside one of the cars. One car ran upon the President's car and a man jumped off and jumped on the back. These were the scenes that unfolded as I reached the point to where I was seeing things."

In his account, even though the lead car and lead motorcycles have already passed by, Witt seems almost caught out by the arrival of the motorcade, as if he didn't hear the commotion in the crowd as it entered Dealey Plaza. After initially seeing the motorcade, he begins to move forward trying to open his umbrella. As the shots are fired he sees nothing because he has his umbrella in front of him blocking his view. By the time he has his umbrella up, the first thing he sees is the moment Clint Hill runs between the two cars, yet he doesn't recall seeing the head shot. In fact, he doesn't mention seeing JFK at any stage even though the whole point of him being there was to heckle JFK:

Mr. GENZMAN. Did President Kennedy see your umbrella?
Mr. WITT. I have no way of knowing. I really don't.

The photographic record reveals that none of this is true.
Around z230, Bronson takes this image (cropped). The umbrella is high in the air and UM appears to be looking in the direction of the limo.

Around z202, Willis takes this pic showing the umbrella fully open and raised but not as high as it is in the Bronson pic:

The way the UM is holding the umbrella is way higher in the Bronson pic than the Willis pic. In the Z-film, from Z206 onwards, the umbrella can be seen as it is raised into this higher position. The important point is that the UM has the umbrella up and is watching JFK before the first shot has even been fired. The UM is clearly watching the limo and reacting to it's approach by raising the umbrella higher into the air as the limo gets near.  It is a fact that Witt is not telling the truth in his HSCA testimony.

Why?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 10:12:30 PM by Dan O'meara »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 12:05:12 AM »
So what? The stranger next to him, "dark complected man," was never identified either. Ditto Babushka Lady, although we were able to see Witt's face in photos, albeit from afar. Evidently, none of Witt's neighbors or co-workers were assassination buffs obsessed with outing Umbrella Man. None ever said to him, "Hey Lou, isn't that you in the photo?" That's not Witt's fault.

Whether it be Witt or Babushka or the 2 guys standing on The Steps with Hudson, Dark Complected Man, etc, these people were all Eyewitnesses within close proximity to JFK. They should have been ID'd and thoroughly questioned by law enforcement. We are talking about the assassination of a POTUS.  The following morning, the FBI was banging on the door of Robert Croft in Colorado. They had no problem in less than 24 hrs ID'ing Missionary Croft and being present at his Out-Of-State address. Yet, they were unable to ID and Locate Witt who daily worked only blocks away from Dealey Plaza? The difference between Witt and Croft is that Croft had a camera and took photos on 11/23/63. The FBI took possession of Croft's film that morning. With respect to Witt, either his HSCA Testimony is false, or the assassination images are Phony. What say You?     
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 12:07:57 AM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 12:05:12 AM »

Online Sean Kneringer

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2024, 02:09:04 AM »
    Whether it be Witt or Babushka or the 2 guys standing on The Steps with Hudson, Dark Complected Man, etc, these people were all Eyewitnesses within close proximity to JFK. They should have been ID'd and thoroughly questioned by law enforcement. We are talking about the assassination of a POTUS.  The following morning, the FBI was banging on the door of Robert Croft in Colorado. They had no problem in less than 24 hrs ID'ing Missionary Croft and being present at his Out-Of-State address. Yet, they were unable to ID and Locate Witt who daily worked only blocks away from Dealey Plaza? The difference between Witt and Croft is that Croft had a camera and took photos on 11/23/63. The FBI took possession of Croft's film that morning. With respect to Witt, either his HSCA Testimony is false, or the assassination images are Phony. What say You?

I'm supposed to be bothered that he was standing still as Kennedy's limo approached instead of fumbling with his umbrella as he alleged? He was recounting events that happened 15 years prior. A few harmless inaccuracies are to be expected. Assuming he wasn't part of a conspiracy, and there's no proof that he was, the worst you can say about him is that he was a weirdo who didn't tell anyone that he witnessed the crime of the century.