Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Crusader  (Read 465 times)

Online Charles Collins

The Crusader
« on: September 12, 2024, 05:56:44 PM »
Advertisement
The following passage is a snip from the book “The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism,” page 36-37:

Particularly interesting was how the Cold Warrior found a way to direct the discussion to America’s real enemy: the USSR. Reagan noted that Kennedy’s killer, an Arab, committed the crime because of the senator’s support of Israel, specifically during the Six Day War that had occurred exactly one year earlier. Indeed, we learned that the conflict was intentionally precipitated by the Kremlin, which concocted false intelligence reports about alleged Israeli troop movements. Moscow shared the phony information with Egypt and other Arab states for the explicit purpose of creating a military confrontation with Israel, which the Soviets believed would advance their broader foreign-policy interests in the Middle East and the world.20 The shameless maneuver started a war, and was more evil than Machiavellian. It stands as one of the Soviet Union’s most egregious international crimes. Ronald Reagan knew this. As a result, he linked—not unreasonably—Bobby Kennedy’s assassination to the USSR. “The enemy sits in Moscow,” he told Joey Bishop. “I call him an enemy because I believe he has proven this, by deed, in the Middle East. The actions of the enemy led to and precipitated the tragedy of last night.” Moscow had precipitated the Six Day War, which, in turn, had prompted RFK’s assassin. Reagan’s next words matched precisely those of his first presidential press conference thirteen years later: That same Soviet power, he said, believed that “the end justifies the means” and that “there is no morality except that which furthers [its] cause.”

I cannot help but believe that LHO must have swallowed the last line in this passage (which I bolded) “hook line and sinker” in order to “justify” the JFK assassination in his misguided mind.

This book is a very interesting one and an eye opener for me. It is the book that the current movie “Reagan” is based upon. I normally stay away from politics and religion. And I am not going to express my opinion on who I believe deserves our votes in the coming-soon elections. But I will say this book is a worthwhile read and I hope this post inspires at least one person to read it before they decide who and what ideology deserves their votes.

JFK Assassination Forum

The Crusader
« on: September 12, 2024, 05:56:44 PM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 12:15:20 PM »
Here’s another snip from the book “The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism,” page 77:

Reagan said more that Easter Sunday: As he gazed pensively out the Yellow Room window toward the Jefferson Memorial, he told Evans that as he struggled for his breath on that table in the emergency room, he felt that if he did not forgive John Hinckley at that very moment, he would not be healed. He forgave him on the spot.

Doesn’t that revelation just blow your mind? Just think about that for a few minutes. Put yourself in Ronald Reagan’s place. Someone just shot you and tried to kill you. You are in the emergency room fighting for your life. And your thoughts are that it is imperative that you forgive the man who tried to kill you. Wow, and this is the same man who designed and led the successful fight against the Soviet Union. There are many eye-opening items in this book. But this one stands out and amazes me.

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 12:15:20 PM »