Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Looking For Thread Re: The Foot Protruding Over the Rear Side Of JFK Limousine  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Steve Barber

Advertisement
 A few years ago, someone posted a thread regarding the famous "Miller photograph" taken as the JFK limousine was on its way to Parkland Hospital.  The photo shows a foot and part of the leg hanging over JFK's side of the car.  Some say it's Clint Hill's and others say it's JFK's. 

I am lookng for that thread and hoped that someone could possibly point me to it if you can recall the name of either the author, or the title of the post.  It has diagrams by the forum member included in it showing how Clint Hill would have to be positioned in order for it to be his foot.  I always thought it was JFK's foot because Clint Hill looks to be standing with both feet planted on the seat cushion, and his legs look to be straight up and down, while the bottom portion of the leg on the top side portion of the car (shin) is pointed downward as can be seen in the photo.   

Any help anyone can give by pointing me to the post mentioned will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ever so much.

Steve

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Louis Earl

JFK's foot.  By this point he was lying face down across the back seat.

Online David Von Pein

JFK's foot.

Impossible. It's almost certainly Clint Hill's foot, since we know from other photos (such as the one below) that Hill did indeed hook his right foot over the side of the car on the ride to the hospital.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Patrick Jackson

A few years ago, someone posted a thread regarding the famous "Miller photograph" taken as the JFK limousine was on its way to Parkland Hospital.  The photo shows a foot and part of the leg hanging over JFK's side of the car.  Some say it's Clint Hill's and others say it's JFK's. 

I am lookng for that thread and hoped that someone could possibly point me to it if you can recall the name of either the author, or the title of the post.  It has diagrams by the forum member included in it showing how Clint Hill would have to be positioned in order for it to be his foot.  I always thought it was JFK's foot because Clint Hill looks to be standing with both feet planted on the seat cushion, and his legs look to be straight up and down, while the bottom portion of the leg on the top side portion of the car (shin) is pointed downward as can be seen in the photo.   

Any help anyone can give by pointing me to the post mentioned will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ever so much.

Steve

I believe I was the member posting the diagrams but the post was before January 2018 when the forum was hacked and all discussions deleted.
These diagrams were lost in my old laptop.
In any case, no doubt the shoe in Miller photo is JFKs, it is hard to tell left or right but the leg position suggests his body was in a awkward position when the photo was taken. Like he was faced down with his abdomen on the rear seat. How did he get in this position, from seating up, to abdomen down and foot outside of the limo?

Online Charles Collins

I suggest that a comparison of the fabric that can be seen on the lower portion of the leg to the fabric of Clint Hill’s suit jacket in this photo will give you a good indication that it is Hill’s foot. Check some other photos to see what the suit that JFK had on looks like. I think that it’s noticeably different fabric

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

Go to You Tube and search, "New video shows moments after the JFK assassination" by Associated Press. At 0:42 there is a still frame from a different point in time that shows the foot hanging over the side of the Limo. This still frame is fuzzy, but it does supply another piece to the shoe puzzle.

Offline Joe Elliott

I am 69 years old and was always one of the least limber guy in the class when I went to school. But even I, while standing can rotate my foot through 90 degrees if I want to. If I have resting my knee on a surface, not that much, although if I had the side of a car to keep my foot from rotating to a more natural position, I bet I could do it.

Offline Dan O'meara

JFK's foot.  By this point he was lying face down across the back seat.

Really??
Out of interest, could you describe the series of motions JFK went through so that his foot ended up over the side of the limo door.

It is clearly Hill's foot.
Look at the pic David posted. Hill's leg is trailing awkwardly behind him.

Now look at the pic in the OP. Hill's leg is no longer trailing awkwardly behind him on the trunk.

Hill is in the process of trying to move his right leg into a more secure position.
It is his foot hanging over the side of the limo door.

JFK Assassination Forum