Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The shot sequence, bang......bang......bang?  (Read 45911 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The shot sequence, bang......bang......bang?
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
Advertisement
I've always understood.

You're a genius, and an exceptional individual......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2018, 07:31:35 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »

The evidence is conflicting all round as we all know. What we must do at some point is decide which is reliable. Is the Z film accurate?

The Zapruder film is accurate. It would be wildly difficult to fake it and all the other films.

Can you imagine the follow conversation of the conspirators:

Mr. Evil:  We need to place the shooters behind the limousine, to best simulate a shot from the patsy.

Mr. Minion: No, we need triangulation of fire. Instead, we could have a shooter on the Grassy Knoll. And them simply modify the Zapruder film to move the two ladies off of the street while keeping in the President falling backwards.

Mr. Evil: What about the other films.

Mr. Minion: We can simply modify those as well.

Mr. Evil: But we would have to be careful that the films don?t conflict with each other.

Mr. Minion: Yes, we will just have to be careful.

Mr. Evil: How much time to we have to do all this?

Mr. Minion: Well, have to modify them before anyone can show this to the public. Plus, we want to publish at least a few frames within a couple of weeks. So, we need to get it all done within a few days.

Mr. Evil: But what about the films we don?t know about?

Mr. Minion: Well, we need to keep a close eye on the crowd and hope we don?t miss anyone.

Mr. Evil: What about an amateur photographer who develops his own picture?

Mr. Minion: Well, we just have to hope there won?t be anyone like that.

Mr. Evil: It sounds like we should just place all the shooters firing from behind.

Mr. Minion: Oh no, we need triangulation of fire

Mr. Evil: Is this usually done when the target is a single man and not a battalion?

Mr. Minion: No.

Mr. Evil: Well then, why do we need it?

Mr. Minion: Because the target might duck down. If this happens we need a shooter firing from a different direction. We need triangulation of fire.

Mr. Evil: Well, if he ducks, he wouldn?t be visible from the grassy knoll either, would he.

Mr. Minion: I guess not. But I don?t care. We need triangulation of fire.

Mr. Evil: Very well. Make it so.

If so who's testimonies can be corroborated by the film and testimony of others.

I think Governor Connally?s testimony is the most reliable. Because we can see what he is doing. He says he heard a first shot and turned to his right. We can see this starting in the z160?s.

In contrast, most/all of the witnesses not riding in vehicles don?t seem aware of any shots are being fired until the head shot at z312. They are clapping their hands and not reacting right up until that time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2018, 07:38:41 PM »

The Zapruder film is accurate. It would be wildly difficult to fake it and all the other films.

Can you imagine the follow conversation of the conspirators:

Mr. Evil:  We need to place the shooters behind the limousine, to best simulate a shot from the patsy.

Mr. Minion: No, we need triangulation of fire. Instead, we could have a shooter on the Grassy Knoll. And them simply modify the Zapruder film to move the two ladies off of the street while keeping in the President falling backwards.

Mr. Evil: What about the other films.

Mr. Minion: We can simply modify those as well.

Mr. Evil: But we would have to be careful that the films don?t conflict with each other.

Mr. Minion: Yes, we will just have to be careful.

Mr. Evil: How much time to we have to do all this?

Mr. Minion: Well, have to modify them before anyone can show this to the public. Plus, we want to publish at least a few frames within a couple of weeks. So, we need to get it all done within a few days.

Mr. Evil: But what about the films we don?t know about?

Mr. Minion: Well, we need to keep a close eye on the crowd and hope we don?t miss anyone.

Mr. Evil: What about an amateur photographer who develops his own picture?

Mr. Minion: Well, we just have to hope there won?t be anyone like that.

Mr. Evil: It sounds like we should just place all the shooters firing from behind.

Mr. Minion: Oh no, we need triangulation of fire

Mr. Evil: Is this usually done when the target is a single man and not a battalion?

Mr. Minion: No.

Mr. Evil: Well then, why do we need it?

Mr. Minion: Because the target might duck down. If this happens we need a shooter firing from a different direction. We need triangulation of fire.

Mr. Evil: Well, if he ducks, he wouldn?t be visible from the grassy knoll either, would he.

Mr. Minion: I guess not. But I don?t care. We need triangulation of fire.

Mr. Evil: Very well. Make it so.

I think Governor Connally?s testimony is the most reliable. Because we can see what he is doing. He says he heard a first shot and turned to his right. We can see this starting in the z160?s.

In contrast, most/all of the witnesses not riding in vehicles don?t seem aware of any shots are being fired until the head shot at z312. They are clapping their hands and not reacting right up until that time.

I was a rhetorical question. I believe it to be accurate myself. Add Jackie Kennedy s testimony to Connelly. They fit and she is also clearly seen turning in the film.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2018, 02:31:30 AM »

I was a rhetorical question. I believe it to be accurate myself. Add Jackie Kennedy s testimony to Connelly. They fit and she is also clearly seen turning in the film.

Yes. But many others believe it is a fake. Never mind the difficulty of making a fake. And faking all the other films and photographs to make them look consistent. And risking not finding or knowing about a single photograph of film that would show something different than the Zapruder film. All of which could be avoided by having all the shooters fire from behind, rather than having a shooter from the front and side, which gives a difficult, high angular velocity shot, unlike a target receding almost directly away from the shooter.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2018, 02:31:30 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2018, 03:02:12 AM »

If you know of an eyewitness that states there was an early missed shot feel free to quote them.

There are a few witnesses who thought they saw a bullet strike the pavement. I don't have their quotes right now.

Mary E. Woodward claimed: "I don't believe anyone was hit with the first bullet." She wrote: "The car proceeded down Elm, and when it was about 40 yards from us, we heard the first noise." I'm going out on a limb to suggest that maybe "yards" should read "feet." There's a Dec. 7, 1963 FBI report where she says the car was "about one hundred feet from her" at the time of the first shot. If we take it literal, the car would have just gone pass Tina Towner (looking eastward) or at the point where the head-shot occurs (looking westward). I don't know if she meant 40 feet, either, but I very much doubt a distance of 100-120 feet.

The term "from us" I take to mean the car was approaching her. So how does Woodward's position relative to the limousine relate to where the car was when the Connallys made their rightward head-turns in the Z160s (supposedly in reaction to hearing the first shot)?

Woodward also said the President didn't slump until the second shot (Kennedy seems to first "slump" at Z226-228). Woodward collapsed at the scene (it's been suggested this scrambled her recollections) and has stated the first shot occurred as they "went by" (suggestive that the car was at more of a right-angle to her).

Offline Zeon Wasinsky

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2018, 02:52:54 AM »

One of Rosemary's parents, her father Phil, did testify that the first shot caused Mrs. Kennedy to turn from his side of the street to the opposite side. She does this beginning in the low-Z170s.

"In slide No. 4 he was looking pretty much toward--straight ahead,
     and she was looking more to the left, which would be my side of
     the street. Then when the first shot was fired, she turned to the
     right toward him and he more or less slumped forward
, and it
     caused me to wonder if he were hit, although I couldn?t say."

that would therefore be the shot at Z224.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2018, 02:52:54 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2018, 04:17:49 AM »
Referring to this portion of Phil Willis's testimony: "when the first shot was fired, she turned to the right toward him and he more or less slumped forward" ....

that would therefore be the shot at Z224.

I think seeing the Z226-228 slump would be considered witnessing a "hit" (or the reaction to a bullet strike).

Mr. LIEBELER. Did you think that the President had been hit by the first shot?
Mr. WILLIS. I didn't really know, sir.
Mr. LIEBELER. You couldn't tell whether he was hit by the first shot? You couldn't tell whether he had been hit by the first shot or the second shot or the third shot, or by how many shots he had been hit?
Mr. WILLIS. No, sir.

From the Clay Shaw Trial:

Q: Mr. Willis, did you have occasion to see any affect
     that any shot may have had on any occupants in the
     Presidential limousine?
 A: Honestly, no, sir, because I was trying to use the view
     finder for the camera and I was more interested in getting
     the whole car than focusing on an individual. I did not.

I'm pretty sure his view to the President would be blocked by the Z220s. I think more of the Secret Service limousine would be between Willis and Kennedy by then.

So if Willis in his testimony is describing that he witnessed a non-hit "slump" prior to taking his Z202 slide, it could be this.

Willis would have seen this small forward slump from behind, and so would not know the President was smiling and not distressed. The animation is slowed.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:10:41 PM by Jerry Organ »