Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 110571 times)

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2019, 04:34:19 AM »
Advertisement
Peter,  You can answer the question for yourself....If you've heard Craig describe the action of the police on the sixth floor after the rifle was discovered in the beam of Boone's powerful flashlight.

Craig said that nobody got near the rifle or touched it before Day picked it up.... Well nobody but Day and Fritz got near enough to read any stamping on the rifle AFTER Day picked it up ....  There is a film that shows Roger Craig in the background as Day And Fritz are examining the rifle...I'd guess that Craig was at least six feet away at the time and there were boxes of books between him and Fritz....

Walt, Craig did not say anything like "nobody got near it"
Craig said "but we didn't touch it until Capt. Fritz and  Lt. Day ...got there"

Walt said, "well nobody but Day and Fritz got near enough to read any stamping on the rifle AFTER Day picked it up"
I have watched the footage and I believe many would agree on what it shows, but it is obvious that it does not show everything.
As a matter of fact, Walt, we see Day and Fritz examining the gun from a few different angles. Sure, I see Craig but it is not clear
because we're watching clips, cuts, close-ups etc and as far as the few moments showing Day and Fritz examining the gun very closely where's the clip.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2019, 04:34:19 AM »

« Reply #353 on: January 15, 2019, 05:30:08 AM »
Alyea filming it being removed from between the boxes.

Nobody reported Fritz touching the rifle prior to Day lifting it FROM THE FLOOR by the leather sling

Please take a closer look.... The rifle is lying on it's right side with the sling up so that Day simply grabs the sling and lifts the rifle.... 

Walt, this one I always forget about, but who is the cracker at the very beginning of the video who is looking out the window with a rifle in his left-hand turns to go directly opposite of the window he just had stuck his head.  He looks down as he turns to go between some boxes but stutter-steps as he notices the camera while at the same time changes his direction toward the camera.

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »

Walt, Craig did not say anything like "nobody got near it"
Craig said "but we didn't touch it until Capt. Fritz and  Lt. Day ...got there"

Walt said, "well nobody but Day and Fritz got near enough to read any stamping on the rifle AFTER Day picked it up"
I have watched the footage and I believe many would agree on what it shows, but it is obvious that it does not show everything.
As a matter of fact, Walt, we see Day and Fritz examining the gun from a few different angles. Sure, I see Craig but it is not clear
because we're watching clips, cuts, close-ups etc and as far as the few moments showing Day and Fritz examining the gun very closely where's the clip.

Walter consistently offers his Opinions as statements of Fact. This results in confusing whatever issue is under discussion in addition to misinforming those that do Not know the details of this case. A page ago on this thread he was claiming that Fritz never had the opportunity to monkey around with the rifle. I had to set him straight as to his claim being absolute  BS: Now, you are having to do likewise regarding Craig and his proximity to the rifle.  If that Clip had  hung-up inside the rifle it would have been rattling around as Lt Day and Fritz spun the rifle around like a top as they examined it, ejected the live round, and dusted it for prints. No images show the clip hanging from the rifle magazine until Lt. Day had exited the TSBD and was strolling down Elm St carrying the rifle by its' strap. This is a FACT.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 04:21:32 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #354 on: January 15, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #355 on: January 15, 2019, 08:43:38 PM »
Walt, this one I always forget about, but who is the cracker at the very beginning of the video who is looking out the window with a rifle in his left-hand turns to go directly opposite of the window he just had stuck his head.  He looks down as he turns to go between some boxes but stutter-steps as he notices the camera while at the same time changes his direction toward the camera.

Can't remember the detectives name right now....But that Alyea Footage was taken on the fifth floor.  The detectve is at the WEST END window...   Which is interesting because one of the early film clips is also focused on that west end window...The reporter says something like "that's the window there" as the camera shows the window. 

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
If that Clip had  hung-up inside the rifle it would have been rattling around as Lt Day and Fritz spun the rifle around like a top as they examined it, ejected the live round, and dusted it for prints.

Why would it have been rattling around?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #357 on: January 15, 2019, 10:53:48 PM »

It was 'spinning like a top' according to Waldo.

;)

« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »
Can't remember the detectives name right now....But that Alyea Footage was taken on the fifth floor.  The detectve is at the WEST END window...   Which is interesting because one of the early film clips is also focused on that west end window...The reporter says something like "that's the window there" as the camera shows the window.

Will call him guilty, Walt.

Now back to the important part, the gun in his left hand. You know, it's a long object.

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »

When Empty, the Clip is supposed to Immediately Fall Down and Out of the rifle magazine. The Clip Not being visible dangling from the magazine means: (1) It is Loose/Free inside the weapon, or (2) Completely Absent/Missing from the weapon.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »