Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What did SS agent Kellerman mean by, "A flurry of shells come into the car?"  (Read 39790 times)

Offline Jake Maxwell

Advertisement
Whether the 'flurry' was two shots or more seems to miss a more basic issue. The time between shots is what makes it improbable that he would call it a flurry. Also I believe his first account of this was " A flurry of shells, "all at once".

Here's the dialogue:

Mr. SPECTER. Now, in your prior testimony you described a flurry of shells into the car. How many shots did you hear after the first noise which you described as sounding like a firecracker?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Mr. Specter, these shells came in all together.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:40:32 AM by Jake Maxwell »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Chris Bristow

Thanks, it was "all together". How that could apply to two shots spaced over two seconds apart is pretty hard to fathom.

Offline Steve Logan

This is pure comedy. So how about identifying where the flurry ended up . This has to be the worse "crew" of assassins ever assembled 5-6-7-8 shots , a flurry, shots shells whatever . All these shots and only ONE hits the target. Would make one think that a marginal shooter with a bad rifle was taking the shots.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

This is pure comedy. So how about identifying where the flurry ended up . This has to be the worse "crew" of assassins ever assembled 5-6-7-8 shots , a flurry, shots shells whatever . All these shots and only ONE hits the target. Would make one think that a marginal shooter with a bad rifle was taking the shots.

Not sure how a Bolt Action Carcano rifle would be capable of rendering a "Flurry" of shots/shells, even if the 1st bullet/shot was already in the chamber.  If a soldier was inside a fox hole and recalled that a "flurry" of shells/shots were raining down on him, my initial thought would Not be that he was referencing 2 shots from a Bolt Action rifle. The use of the word "flurry" implies either, (1) Multiple shooters, and or (2) Automatic or Semi-Automatic weapon(s) being used.

Offline Richard Rubio

*** A Need To Reconcile These Two Narratives?  ***

I am sure, a "flurry of shells" was heard during World War I and before.

Consider that the men on the Fifth floor heard shell casings drop on the floor above them. Harold Norman, Bonnie Ray Williams and the other man, one can double-check what they said, at least Norman attested to this. One might be able to reconcile these two tales about the bullet casings.

Not sure how a Bolt Action Carcano rifle would be capable of rendering a "Flurry" of shots/shells, even if the 1st bullet/shot was already in the chamber.  If a soldier was inside a fox hole and recalled that a "flurry" of shells/shots were raining down on him, my initial thought would Not be that he was referencing 2 shots from a Bolt Action rifle. The use of the word "flurry" implies either, (1) Multiple shooters, and or (2) Automatic or Semi-Automatic weapon(s) being used.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:13:30 PM by Richard Rubio »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

*** A Need To Reconcile These Two Narratives?  ***

I am sure, a "flurry of shells" was heard during World War I and before.

Consider that the men on the Fifth floor heard shell casings drop on the floor above them. Harold Norman, Bonnie Ray Williams and the other man, one can double-check what they said, at least Norman attested to this. One might be able to reconcile these two tales about the bullet casings.

Never excluded shots being fired from the sniper's nest. Multiple shooters would include the shooter heard by the witnesses above. Again, a bolt action Carcano would be incapable of producing a "flurry". Unless YOU consider shots being fired at roughly 2.5 second intervals a "flurry". Multiple shooters and/or automatic/semi automatic weapons would be necessary to produce a "flurry" of shots/shells.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:29:30 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline John Iacoletti

Only if that bad rifle was capable of shooting a flurry of shells all together.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Royell Storing

Only if that bad rifle was capable of shooting a flurry of shells all together.

Exactly