Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 31767 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »
Advertisement
You mean that you don't believe the fibers came from Oswald's shirt. You cannot offer any conclusive proof those fibers did not come from that shirt. I believe the circumstances and the fiber analysis has immense probative value because it would be quite a coincidence there was another shirt not owned by Oswald that left clean fibers on C2766 that matched those of the shirt worn by Oswald when captured at the TT.

You mean that you don't believe the fibers came from Oswald's shirt.

It doesn't matter what I believe or not. You made the claim that the fibers came "from that shirt" when there is no supporting evidence for that conclusion.

You cannot offer any conclusive proof those fibers did not come from that shirt.

I also can not prove in any way shape or form that those fibers did not come from one of your grandparent's shirts. Fortunately, I don't have to prove anything as I do not make any claim. I know this a difficult concept for you to understand but it's the person who makes the claim that needs to provide proof for that claim.

I believe the circumstances and the fiber analysis has immense probative value because it would be quite a coincidence there was another shirt not owned by Oswald that left clean fibers on C2766 that matched those of the shirt worn by Oswald when captured at the TT.

Of course you believe that, but just because you believe it doesn't make it true or factual. The mistake you made was that you did not say that you believed that the fibers came from that shirt. Instead you presented it as a fact that they did and that was wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »
You mean that you don't believe the fibers came from Oswald's shirt.

It doesn't matter what I believe or not. You made the claim that the fibers came "from that shirt" when there is no supporting evidence for that conclusion.

You cannot offer any conclusive proof those fibers did not come from that shirt.

I also can not prove in any way shape or form that those fibers did not come from one of your grandparent's shirts. Fortunately, I don't have to prove anything as I do not make any claim. I know this a difficult concept for you to understand but it's the person who makes the claim that needs to provide proof for that claim.

I believe the circumstances and the fiber analysis has immense probative value because it would be quite a coincidence there was another shirt not owned by Oswald that left clean fibers on C2766 that matched those of the shirt worn by Oswald when captured at the TT.

Of course you believe that, but just because you believe it doesn't make it true or factual. The mistake you made was that you did not say that you believed that the fibers came from that shirt. Instead you presented it as a fact that they did and that was wrong.

By my believing the fibers came from Oswalds shirt it automatically makes it a fact to my satisfaction. In the WR the conclusion was the fibers "most probably" came from the shirt Oswald wore on the day he was arrested. Agent Stombaugh concluded, "there is no doubt in my mind that this fibers could have come from this shirt. There is no way, however, to eliminate the possibility of the fibers having come from another identical shirt." WR page 124

IMO, Agent Stombaugh has made as definite match as possible without having to go to the extreme level of confidence that would say to the exclusion of all other shirts. IMO, based on the circumstances and the fiber analysis there's no doubt in my mind those fibers came from Oswalds shirt.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2019, 02:54:44 PM »

By my believing the fibers came from Oswalds shirt it automatically makes it a fact to my satisfaction. In the WR the conclusion was the fibers "most probably" came from the shirt Oswald wore on the day he was arrested. Agent Stombaugh concluded, "there is no doubt in my mind that this fibers could have come from this shirt. There is no way, however, to eliminate the possibility of the fibers having come from another identical shirt." WR page 124

IMO, Agent Stombaugh has made as definite match as possible without having to go to the extreme level of confidence that would say to the exclusion of all other shirts. IMO, based on the circumstances and the fiber analysis there's no doubt in my mind those fibers came from Oswalds shirt.

By my believing the fibers came from Oswalds shirt it automatically makes it a fact to my satisfaction.

And just because you believe it is a fact means that it must be a fact for everybody else as well? .... Are you really that arrogant?

IMO, Agent Stombaugh has made as definite match as possible without having to go to the extreme level of confidence that would say to the exclusion of all other shirts

And yet, you just call it a fact....pfff

IMO, based on the circumstances and the fiber analysis there's no doubt in my mind those fibers came from Oswalds shirt.

Exactly... IN YOUR OPINION! .... but an opinion isn't the same as a fact!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2019, 02:54:44 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2019, 02:57:59 PM »
Yes, I own the mistake. But you also followed along gleefully and failed to notice that C399 is not the magic bullet. Since you guys are so fond of splitting hairs I'll join the club too. C2766 is the rifle. Mistake corrected.

Wrong again, Dufuss.... CE 139 is the rifle... The serial number on the rifle is C2766.....

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2019, 03:02:02 PM »
Once when I was playing tourist I took the tour of the Beckley house.  If you are ever in Dallas I highly suggest you do so.  The tour guide who knew quite a bit about the assassination said there were 16 renters living there at that time.  I was amazed.

Is there any testimony from any of the other 15 about Oswald?

A great question. I would be interested in hearing what they had to say.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2019, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »
Mary Bledsoe positively identified the shirt well before her deposition. Well before she was ever asked to give a deposition actually. She was shown the shirt on Dec 4, 1963 by two FBI agents and, because of the hole in the right elbow, was able to positively identify it for them. She did not receive notification that she was required to appear before the Commission until March 1964.

Can you provide evidence showing that LHO stayed at her rooming house as claimed by the WC?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
What needs explaining?
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10408#relPageId=309&tab=page
That statement has more holes in it than any shirt does. She saw the shirt and said "no that's not the shirt" !!! Come on man!! She has to see a hole in the shirt in order to identify it? After some apparent and most obvious prompting there she then dutifully identified the shirt. The FBI used the woman who apparently had a 3rd grade mentality. I've said it before...Believe what you want.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »