Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Domingo Benavides  (Read 12761 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Domingo Benavides
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2019, 11:33:53 PM »
Advertisement
When, as in Roberts' case, her employer says she was known to make up things...
Why believe that? Because they said so? The Johnsons lied about quite a few things themselves.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2019, 11:33:53 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »
Walt, a witness is either credible or isn't.

When, as in Roberts' case, her employer says she was known to make up things and when other parts of her story, like the police car tale, are at least questionable, you have a witness who lacks sufficient credibility to take her words at face value. Does that mean that she wasn't telling to truth about the jacket? No, it doesn't, but without some sort of corroboration, we will never really know and, because of that alone, I simply can not rely on anything she says.

But there is more. Roberts, an elderly half blind woman, was trying to get the television to work, to watch the 1pm news, and thus has her back turned to the rest of the room. As she was doing that, why would she even pay much attention to Oswald, who only needed 5 seconds or less to cross the living room, behind Roberts' back, to get to the front door. At best, Roberts would not have seen Oswald for more than two seconds before he walked out the door. Just how likely is it that she made a perfect observation of what Oswald was wearing?

So you think that lee Oswald didn't arrive at the rooming house at 1:00 pm.....   And she didn't even notice Lee as he arrived....In fact he may not have been there at all.... You think she just made it all up....Is that right?

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 12:05:11 AM »

So you think that lee Oswald didn't arrive at the rooming house at 1:00 pm.....   And she didn't even notice Lee as he arrived....In fact he may not have been there at all.... You think she just made it all up....Is that right?

It doesn't matter much what I think. It's what has evidentiary value and what doesn't.

So you think that lee Oswald didn't arrive at the rooming house at 1:00 pm.....

Where did I say that?

And she didn't even notice Lee as he arrived....

She was in the living room. When the front door opens and somebody walks in, she's of course going to notice that.

In fact he may not have been there at all....

Your words, not mine...

You think she just made it all up....Is that right?

No, that's not right.. You may want to reduce the discussion to an oversimplified yes or no issue, but in reality it's more complicated than that.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 03:00:02 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 12:05:11 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 02:55:39 PM »

When, as in Roberts' case, her employer says she was known to make up things and when other parts of her story, like the police car tale, are at least questionable, you have a witness who lacks sufficient credibility to take her words at face value. Does that mean that she wasn't telling to truth about the jacket? No, it doesn't, but without some sort of corroboration, we will never really know and, because of that alone, I simply can not rely on anything she says.

But there is more. Roberts, an elderly half blind woman, was trying to get the television to work, to watch the 1pm news, and thus has her back turned to the rest of the room. As she was doing that, why would she even pay much attention to Oswald, who only needed 5 seconds or less to cross the living room, behind Roberts' back, to get to the front door. At best, Roberts would not have seen Oswald for more than two seconds before he walked out the door. Just how likely is it that she made a perfect observation of what Oswald was wearing?

I don't believe that......  A witness may not be 100% reliable but they certainly are reliable on the basics......  And Mrs Robertscertainly knew that she had seen Lee Oswald enter the rooming house at 1:00PM  and she saw him leave again a few minutes later, while donning a dark colored jacket.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »
..... she saw him leave again a few minutes later, while donning a dark colored jacket.
If Oswald was indeed wearing a 'dark colored jacket' what ever happened to that dark colored jacket?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2019, 03:12:26 PM »

I don't believe that......  A witness may not be 100% reliable but they certainly are reliable on the basics......  And Mrs Robertscertainly knew that she had seen Lee Oswald enter the rooming house at 1:00PM  and she saw him leave again a few minutes later, while donning a dark colored jacket.

If that's what you want to believe....

Just one comment though; Roberts never said that she saw Oswald in a dark colored jacket. She actually said that the jacket she had seen was darker than CE 162. There is a difference.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »

If Oswald was indeed wearing a 'dark colored jacket' what ever happened to that dark colored jacket?

Good question and the reason why I don't understand why Walt so desperately wants to believe Earlene Roberts.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
If that's what you want to believe....

Just one comment though; Roberts never said that she saw Oswald in a dark colored jacket. She actually said that the jacket she had seen was darker than CE 162. There is a difference.

Just one comment though; Roberts never said that she saw Oswald in a dark colored jacket.

Martin, I asked you if you'd read Mrs Roberts affidavit , and you said that you had read it.....  Perhaps you should read it again....while paying attention to what Roberts said about the Jacket that she saw Lee donning.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »