Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Domingo Benavides  (Read 10893 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Domingo Benavides
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2019, 07:25:13 PM »
Advertisement
Just one comment though; Roberts never said that she saw Oswald in a dark colored jacket.

Martin, I asked you if you'd read Mrs Roberts affidavit , and you said that you had read it.....  Perhaps you should read it again....while paying attention to what Roberts said about the Jacket that she saw Lee donning.

Walt,

Patronizing doesn't become you.

Mrs. ROBERTS. He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember---I don't know.
Mr. BALL. You say he put on a separate jacket?
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?

Feel free to quote the part of her testimony where she describes that jacket as "dark colored"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2019, 07:25:13 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2019, 07:41:37 PM »
Walt,

Patronizing doesn't become you.

Mrs. ROBERTS. He went to his room and he was in his shirt sleeves but I couldn't tell you whether it was a long-sleeved shirt or what color it was or nothing, and he got a jacket and put it on---it was kind of a zipper jacket.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen him wear that jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I can't say I did---if I did, I don't remember it.
Mr. BALL. When he came in he was in a shirt?
Mrs. ROBERTS. He was in his shirt sleeves.
Mr. BALL. What color was his shirt? Do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember. I didn't pay that much attention for I was interested in the television trying to get it fixed.
Mr. BALL. Had you ever seen that shirt before or seen him wear it---the shirt, or do you know?
Mrs. ROBERTS. I don't remember---I don't know.
Mr. BALL. You say he put on a separate jacket?
Mrs. ROBERTS. A jacket.
Mr. BALL. I'll show you this jacket which is Commission Exhibit 162---have you ever seen this jacket before?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that. Now, I won't be sure, because I really don't know, but is that a zipper jacket?

Feel free to quote the part of her testimony where she describes that jacket as "dark colored"

Martin, I was not being patronizing....I politely asked you to re-read Mrs Roberts' AFFIDAVIT ....NOT her testimony.

Since you clearly don't want to read Mrs Roberts' AFFIDAVT ....  I'll copy her statement from her affidavit.   

Quote:....."Oswald went to his room and was only there a few minutes before coming out.  I noticed he had a jacket he was putting on. I recall the jacket was a DARK COLOR and it was the type that zips up the front."....unquote

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2019, 08:29:16 PM »
Martin, I was not being patronizing....I politely asked you to re-read Mrs Roberts' AFFIDAVIT ....NOT her testimony.

Since you clearly don't want to read Mrs Roberts' AFFIDAVT ....  I'll copy her statement from her affidavit.   

Quote:....."Oswald went to his room and was only there a few minutes before coming out.  I noticed he had a jacket he was putting on. I recall the jacket was a DARK COLOR and it was the type that zips up the front."....unquote

Okay, my bad. I have been talking about her testimony and didn't really notice that you were talking about her affidavit.

I agree that in her affidavit she does indeed say that Oswald left in a jacket of dark color, but the affidavit wasn't executed until December 5th. By then she had been exposed to days of media reports which may have influenced her recollection.

But, let's say for argument's sake that Oswald did in fact leave the rooming house in a dark colored jacket? The first question would be, where did he get it? Marina testified that he only had two jackets. One was found at the TSBD and the other one was the grey jacket now in evidence as CE 162.

The second question that needs to be answered is; where did he leave that dark colored jacket? I think we can agree that he wasn't wearing a jacket when he was arrested at the Texas Theater, so where did it go?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2019, 08:29:16 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »

Okay, my bad. I have been talking about her testimony and didn't really notice that you were talking about her affidavit.

I agree that in her affidavit she does indeed say that Oswald left in a jacket of dark color, but the affidavit wasn't executed until December 5th. By then she had been exposed to days of media reports which may have influenced her recollection.

But, let's say for argument's sake that Oswald did in fact leave the rooming house in a dark colored jacket? The first question would be, where did he get it? Marina testified that he only had two jackets. One was found at the TSBD and the other one was the grey jacket now in evidence as CE 162.

The second question that needs to be answered is; where did he leave that dark colored jacket? I think we can agree that he wasn't wearing a jacket when he was arrested at the Texas Theater, so where did it go?

In her affidavit Mrs Roberts said that she recalled that the jacket was dark color....

Then in her testimony she confirmed what she had said in her affidavit....

Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that.

Thus Mrs Roberts clearly says that the WHITE jacket that was found in an alley near the Tippit murder scene could not have been the Jacket that lee was wearing when he left the rooming house.....Even if she had poor vision she certainly could not mistake a bright WHITE jacket for a "DARK COLOR" jacket .....

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2019, 08:57:15 PM »
In her affidavit Mrs Roberts said that she recalled that the jacket was dark color....

Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, maybe I have, but I don't remember it. It seems like the one he put on was darker than that.

Thus Mrs Roberts clearly says that the WHITE jacket that was found in an alley near the Tippit murder scene could not have been the Jacket that lee was wearing when he left the rooming house.....Even if she had poor vision she certainly could not mistake a bright WHITE jacket for a "DARK COLOR" jacket .....

Well, Roberts didn't actually say that, but from her words it can be concluded that the dark colored jacket and the white jacket found in the parking lot can not be the same item. I figured early on that this would be the argument you wanted to make. I'm not sure it will get you where you want to be though.

But why don't you try to answer the two questions I asked?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2019, 08:57:15 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2019, 09:05:24 PM »

Here we go again, how people perceive colour and shade is a way more complicated than you could possibly know.

In the following example are the A and B squares a different shade?

JohnM

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 09:28:44 PM »
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Roberts_aff.pdf
What I find interesting about the Roberts affidavit is her recollection that that the cops came about 30 minutes after Oswald left.
How come?...and how did they know to look for Oswald at the Beckley house at approx 1:30 ---20 minutes before his arrest? All the info that was available at the TSBD was the Irving address.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 09:28:44 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Roberts_aff.pdf
What I find interesting about the Roberts affidavit is her recollection that that the cops came about 30 minutes after Oswald left.
How come?...and how did they know to look for Oswald at the Beckley house at approx 1:30 ---20 minutes before his arrest? All the info that was available at the TSBD was the Irving address.

Yes...Wouldn't be great to have verification for Mrs Roberts estimate that the police came about 30 minutes after Lee Left.....  But I suspect Mrs Roberts sense of time may be inaccurate.

However the police were at the rooming house early.......( I think before Lee told them he had a room at that address)  So he answer to  your question of:...how did they know to look for Oswald at the Beckley house   would be interesting.