Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 81248 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2020, 09:05:47 PM »
Advertisement
The conclusions are not “ad hoc" and founded on analysis of the under oath testimonies of those present. Your inability to rebut the testimonies is duly noted. JohnM reposted the image with the title “Oswald's sack" and when asked about the person who took the photo (and when) failed to reply.

I find the notion that Oswald would construct a bag to transport the rifle, find that in order for the rifle to fit disassembled it, then simply leave the open end unsealed during transport, laughable.

But you believe the DPD constructed the bag to carry the rifle, then didn't use the bag for that purpose, somehow confused it for the bag Oswald carried to work, never cleared that up and then lied about finding it in the SN?  And how do Oswald's prints get on it.  By comparison, I don't see anything implausible in a narrative where Oswald constructs a bag, puts his rifle in it, and understandably leaves it open on one end to place the rifle in it and then remove it.  That seems pretty straightforward by comparison.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2020, 09:05:47 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2020, 09:09:33 PM »
The conclusions are not “ad hoc" and founded on analysis of the under oath testimonies of those present. Your inability to rebut the testimonies is duly noted. JohnM reposted the image with the title “Oswald's sack" and when asked about the person who took the photo (and when) failed to reply.

I find the notion that Oswald would construct a bag to transport the rifle, find that in order for the rifle to fit disassembled it, then simply leave the open end unsealed during transport, laughable.

Maybe more laughable is you think someone would have no choice but to leave dozens of Carcano parts loose inside the bag and than the untaped end was spring-loaded to pop open.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2020, 09:22:47 PM »
But you believe the DPD constructed the bag to carry the rifle, then didn't use the bag for that purpose, somehow confused it for the bag Oswald carried to work, never cleared that up and then lied about finding it in the SN?  And how do Oswald's prints get on it.  By comparison, I don't see anything implausible in a narrative where Oswald constructs a bag, puts his rifle in it, and understandably leaves it open on one end to place the rifle in it and then remove it.  That seems pretty straightforward by comparison.

Anybody can make up a narrative and call it plausible.  I don't see anything implausible in police misrepresenting or tampering with evidence.  It happens all the time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2020, 09:22:47 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
Try to respond better
You'd face those (post#134) asks in court

The Long Brown Bag
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/bag.htm
'The bag was photographed being brought out the front of the Depository at 2:19 p.m. (Trask, Pictures of the Pain, p338)

Chapman trying to take on Pat Speer.  Hand me some popcorn.

This can be settled rather quickly by checking Trask (which I will do as soon as I get home).

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2020, 09:28:53 PM »

I didn’t see anything that required rebuttal. Unless I missed it, Mytton hasn’t responded to this thread at all since he posted the first one. This is unusual, I hope he is just busy and is okay.

This is definitely my own conjecture:

Going from memory, Ruth Paine has said that she doesn’t remember seeing the rifle in the belongings she transported to her house from New Orleans. And that she suspects the rifle could have been in the duffel bag. That makes sense to me. LHO could have disassembled it  (so that less of it would stick out of the top of the duffel bag) and further concealed it in the blanket before he packed it into the duffel bag. At some point the disassembled rifle (in the blanket) was removed from the duffel bag and placed on the floor of the Paine’s garage. If this theory is true, then LHO should have had a pretty good idea of how long to make the paper bag in order to conceal the disassembled rifle while transporting it into the TSBD.

Sealing both ends of the paper bag is your idea. It just doesn’t make sense to me that it was necessary or desirable.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2020, 09:28:53 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2020, 09:29:35 PM »
Maybe more laughable is you think someone would have no choice but to leave dozens of Carcano parts loose inside the bag and than the untaped end was spring-loaded to pop open.

Do you think Oswald constructed the bag with the intention of transporting the rifle intact?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »
Do you think Oswald constructed the bag with the intention of transporting the rifle intact?

No change from what I suggested a few days ago.

I think if the paper was heavy enough, it probably would have retained its crinkled shape on the end. That end could have been pushed into the seam or gap of the back seat (where the seat-back meets the seat) to ensure it stayed close and prevent the bag itself from sliding around. The small loose bits inside could have been in a smaller bag inside the larger bag or in his pockets. Or he could have loosely re-attached all the screws and kept the disassembly to a few loose parts. That would also keep track of where the original screws went.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2020, 09:47:15 PM »

I didn’t see anything that required rebuttal. Unless I missed it, Mytton hasn’t responded to this thread at all since he posted the first one. This is unusual, I hope he is just busy and is okay.

This is definitely my own conjecture:

Going from memory, Ruth Paine has said that she doesn’t remember seeing the rifle in the belongings she transported to her house from New Orleans. And that she suspects the rifle could have been in the duffel bag. That makes sense to me. LHO could have disassembled it  (so that less of it would stick out of the top of the duffel bag) and further concealed it in the blanket before he packed it into the duffel bag. At some point the disassembled rifle (in the blanket) was removed from the duffel bag and placed on the floor of the Paine’s garage. If this theory is true, then LHO should have had a pretty good idea of how long to make the paper bag in order to conceal the disassembled rifle while transporting it into the TSBD.

Sealing both ends of the paper bag is your idea. It just doesn’t make sense to me that it was necessary or desirable.

You believe the rifle had previously been transported in Oswald's duffel bag. Oswald regularly had Marina do his washing when he went to the Paine's on weekends. He had not visited the previous weekend so there was no need for any curtain rod story. He simply could have used an excuse about laundry to Frazier and used the duffel bag to transport the rifle hidden amongst some clothing. There was no need for a paper bag to be constructed. But there was a concoction of a "curtain rod" story by Frazier.