Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Flight of Lee Oswald - Brewer and McDonald testimonies on CBS 1964  (Read 11463 times)

Offline Ross Lidell

Re: Flight of Lee Oswald - Brewer and McDonald testimonies on CBS 1964
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19:41 AM »
Advertisement
We're not talking about "later".  We're talking about what Brewer and McDonald were witnesses to.

Yes I have.  Explain how that applies.

You're wanting me to claim that McDonald and Brewer are liars even though their interviews aren't evidence of who shot Tippit, even if they are completely truthful?

Why, just for fun?

You're wanting me to claim that McDonald and Brewer are liars even though their interviews aren't evidence of who shot Tippit, even if they are completely truthful?

Why, just for fun?

You imply that Oswald is innocent and that nothing he did in the Texas Theater was illegal.

Address the issue of Oswald carrying a hand-gun illegally. I concede that "that alone" does not prove Oswald shot Officer Tippit; but it's very good circumstantial evidence that he did.

Officer McDonald said that the suspect (Oswald) assaulted him and attempted to fire a revolver (which he was carrying illegally) when he (McDonald) was in the process of taking the pistol from the suspect (Oswald).

Did you hear the last words of McDonald in the video?

McDonald: "...Yes and it didn't get the full force of the firing pin and consequently the shell didn't go off. I believe that's what saved my life".

Saved my life!!! Who tried to "take" McDonald's life John?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19:41 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2020, 12:29:25 AM »

Why, just for fun?

You imply that Oswald is innocent and that nothing he did in the Texas Theater was illegal.

Address the issue of Oswald carrying a hand-gun illegally. I concede that "that alone" does not prove Oswald shot Officer Tippit; but it's very good circumstantial evidence that he did.

Officer McDonald said that the suspect (Oswald) assaulted him and attempted to fire a revolver (which he was carrying illegally) when he (McDonald) was in the process of taking the pistol from the suspect (Oswald).

McDonald: "...Yes and it didn't get the full force of the firing pin and consequently the shell didn't go off. I believe that's what saved my life".

"attempted to fire a revolver (which he was carrying illegally) when he (McDonald) was in the process of taking the pistol from the suspect (Oswald)."

His contemporaneous report says he heard the snap of the hammer as he was jerking the gun from the suspect's hand.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2020, 12:30:41 AM »

Why, just for fun?

Cut it out with this strawman crap. John never implied anything of the kind. If you try to win an argument by making stuff up, you've already lost the argument.

Already addressed and no it is not 'very good circumstantial evidence". You can't even prove that the revolver Hill pulled out of his pocket some 2 hours after bringing Oswald into the police station, and had marked by officers who were not present at the arrest, was the same revolver that was taken from Oswald.

Btw, the officer who placed the revolver in the evidence room was Davenport and he wasn't even at the Texas Theater when Oswald was arrested. He was at the hospital with Tippit's body. How did he get the revolver and why is he placing it in the evidence room, when he is not even in the chain of custody?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2020, 12:30:41 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2020, 12:33:01 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2020, 12:40:44 AM »
What 10 rifle casings were they referring to on page 2 above?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2020, 12:40:44 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2020, 12:44:36 AM »

What was illegal about carrying a gun?

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2020, 01:06:31 AM »
What 10 rifle casings were they referring to on page 2 above?

I think the FBI went to the local shooting ranges looking for spent 6.5 casings in an attempt find out where LHO had practiced.
They never found any that had been fired through the TSBD Carcano or evidence that he had ever fired that rifle.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2020, 01:51:04 AM »
What was illegal about carrying a gun?
It's illegal in Texas to carry a handgun without a license (either intentionally or recklessly), unless you are: on property that you own or control, or. in or directly on the way to a motor vehicle or boat that you own or control.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/open-and-concealed-gun-carry-laws-texas.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2020, 01:51:04 AM »