Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Victoria Adams’ view from the fourth floor window  (Read 7401 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Victoria Adams’ view from the fourth floor window
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »
Advertisement
Hey Charles,

I don't know if this is any help but it concerns something Gloria Calvery mentioned on her 'Hoover Questionnaire'. Sandy Larsen and Thomas Graves have put together an excellent case identifying this woman (arrow) as Gloria Calvery:

The relevant passage is as follows:

"We were standing at this point when President John F. Kennedy was shot. The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was standing when I heard the first shot."

Obviously you'll have to pinpoint her exact position but you sound like you sound like you know exactly what you're doing.

Dan,

Thanks, but the limo was about 50 yards up the street from our (correctly-identified) big-tall Gloria Calvery and her three headscarf-wearing colleagues when the first (missing) shot of three shots, total, was fired from the Sixth Floor "Sniper's Nest".

Did she say she heard three shots?

If so, she must have thought that the limo, travelling towards her at about 10 miles per hour (?) was, IN RETROSPECT, "almost in front of her" when the first shot rang out.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:58:34 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
Dan,

Thanks, but the limo was about 50 yards up the street from our (correctly-identified) big-tall Gloria Calvery and her three headscarf-wearing colleagues when the first (missing) shot of three shots, total, was fired from the Sixth Floor "Sniper's Nest".

Did she say she heard three shots?

If so, she must have thought that the limo, travelling towards her at about 10 miles per hour (?) was, IN RETROSPECT, "almost in front of her" when the first shot rang out.

--  MWT  ;)

Fair enough, just thought it might be something.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 09:06:19 PM »

Originally, they were working with the Theory that the 1st shot missed and struck Elm St. This could have come at an earlier point in time/JFK Limo closer to the corner of Houston. James Teague and the curb screwed that Theory up as this would have then been at least 4 shots being fired = multiple shooters = Conspiracy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 09:06:19 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 09:09:38 PM »
Euins said on the day of the assassination:

"I watched the car [go] on down the street and about the time the car got near the black and white sign I heard a shot."

This as likely means the Thornton Freeway sign, not the sign cluster that Holland tried to make people think Euins was referring to.

"JFK: The Lost Bullet" (Limo positioned approx. at Z133)

Nope.

As he clarified the issue to Max Holland in The Lost Bullet, Euins was referring to the smallish signs (plural) clustered together on the pole on the "island".

Holland even asked a follow-up question to make sure there would be no misunderstanding by LNers or, especially, CTers, alike.

You seem to forget that witness Patricia Ann Lawrence (nee Donaldson, or is it the other way around?) corroborated to Holland what Euins had told him regarding the position of the limo when the first shot rang out.

Nice try, though.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:13:38 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »
Nope.

As he clarified the issue to Max Holland in The Lost Bullet, Euins was referring to the smallish signs (plural) clustered together on the pole on the "island".

Holland even asked a follow-up question to make sure there would be no misunderstanding by LNers or, especially, CTers, alike.

You seem to forget that witness Patricia Ann Lawrence (nee Donaldson, or is it the other way around?) corroborated to Holland what Euins had told him regarding the position of the limo when the first shot rang out.

Nice try, though.

--  MWT  ;)

Also, in that Euins piece, Euins describes the Pacing of the 3 shots. There is No Way the Bolt Action Carcano could have fired the 3 shot timing that Euins Specifically Describes and demonstrates as he pounds his hand down on the pedestal he alleges he ducked behind.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:18:58 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 09:43:21 PM »
Howard Brennan gives us an account of when he heard the first shot in his affidavit dated 11/22/63 that also has two specific stationary points we can use in a similar fashion. So if we draw a straight line from where Brennan was sitting to the last [western most] window in the south wall of the TSBD, we are basically in the same area that Victoria Adams' account describes for the first shot in her account. Two independent accounts that have more precision than most accounts corroborate each other and they both are indicative of a first shot around the time of z-133. This is significant in my opinion.

Do you mean this from Brennan?

"I proceeded to watch the President's car as it turned left at the corner where I was and
     about 50 yards from the intersection of Elm and Houston and to a point I would say the
     President's back was in line with the last windows I have previously described I heard
     what I thought was a back fire."

By "last windows I have previously described", he's referring to the SN window, not the west-most set of windows on the sixth floor.

And "the President's back was in line with" I take to mean the back facing to the SN window. Kennedy's back faced more directly towards the SN window the further the car traveled down Elm street. To me, that would make it compatible with a Z220s shot. Brennan, I believe, at one point could only relate events to him having heard two shots.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 09:52:50 PM »

The above attempts to fit what was seen with what was Generally BELIEVED to be true at that point in time. Describing what he saw by making sure it jibed with JFK 's back being in line with the SN Window is Hooey. If you are in a jury box and hear a witness give this type of "testimony", the testimony of that witness should carry No Weight. It's obviously tailor made/constructed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 09:52:50 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 09:55:43 PM »

Also, in that Euins piece, Euins describes the Pacing of the 3 shots. There is No Way the Bolt Action Carcano could have fired the 3 shot timing that Euins Specifically Describes and demonstrates as he pounds his hand down on the pedestal he alleges he ducked behind.

The reports, echoes and reverberations of the three supersonic "cracks" and their attendant nearly-simultaneous muzzle blasts in the concrete gorge known as Dealey Plaza fooled lots of witnesses, especially when they were trying to sort them out, later, from the tangled and foggy mass of adrenaline-impregmented memories floating around in their brains ever since about 12:31 pm, Central Time, 11/22/63.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:58:36 PM by Thomas Graves »