Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Dale Myers Blog  (Read 13952 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: The Dale Myers Blog
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2020, 06:03:08 AM »
Advertisement

I now see no problems with Johnny Brewer’s affidavit of December 6, 1963.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339626/m1/1/

We now know that there was a broadcast on NBC News, probably soon repeated by all the radio stations, that an officer had by shot. In his statement he does refer to ‘Julie’ and ‘Butch’ but by December 6 he would have known the names of Julie Postal and Butch Burroughs, even if he didn’t know their names on November 22. But unlike his 1996 interview, he does not say that he said:

“Julie, did you sell a ticket?” or “Butch, come on with me.”. So, it is possible that he did not learn their names until after the arrest of Oswald.

It now looks like Mr. Brewer gave accurate information and did not withhold any information, except, perhaps, what a great cougar Julie Postal was in bed. Well, I hope Johnny and Julie got something for their efforts. He may have been honest even about that as well but Mary Rattan may have decided to leave this out of the official affidavit. Notary Publics can be just prudes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2020, 06:03:08 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2020, 07:36:37 AM »
I now see no problems with Johnny Brewer’s affidavit of December 6, 1963.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339626/m1/1/

We now know that there was a broadcast on NBC News, probably soon repeated by all the radio stations, that an officer had by shot. In his statement he does refer to ‘Julie’ and ‘Butch’ but by December 6 he would have known the names of Julie Postal and Butch Burroughs, even if he didn’t know their names on November 22. But unlike his 1996 interview, he does not say that he said:

“Julie, did you sell a ticket?” or “Butch, come on with me.”. So, it is possible that he did not learn their names until after the arrest of Oswald.

It now looks like Mr. Brewer gave accurate information and did not withhold any information, except, perhaps, what a great cougar Julie Postal was in bed. Well, I hope Johnny and Julie got something for their efforts. He may have been honest even about that as well but Mary Rattan may have decided to leave this out of the official affidavit. Notary Publics can be just prudes.

Note how Brewer says 'scared' at the beginning of his affidavit, then 'nervous' near the end. No big deal to most people; we get the idea. But law enforcement can take that one change in wording and make it look like you're lying.

Watch this and see what I mean.
It's fascinating.

Don't talk to the police
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:52:24 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2020, 05:25:19 PM »

Note how Brewer says 'scared' at the beginning of his affidavit, then 'nervous' near the end. No big deal to most people; we get the idea. But law enforcement can take that one change in wording and make it look like you're lying.

Watch this and see what I mean.
It's fascinating.

Don't talk to the police

Holy cow. The CTers are right. Mr. Brewer should have never said anything to the police. It’s amazing he wasn’t convicted. :)

DA: Mr. Brewer, you say you are innocent. But how did you know a police officer was killed. How did you know he was shot?

Mr. Brewer: I heard it announced on the radio. I heard it just before Oswald showed up.

DA: You Honor, may I call a police officer to the stand.

. . .

DA: Officer Smith, was there any announcement of the shooting of Officer Tippit.

Officer Smith: No, there wasn’t. The media was not informed. There is no way such an announcement could have been made.

. . .

DA: You said you did not shoot the officer yourself. But if this is true, how did you know a police officer was killed? How did you know that he was not only killed, but murdered? How did you know that he was not only murdered but shot to death?

Mr. Brewer: As I said, I heard it over the radio.

DA: But we already know that no such announcement could have been made. Do you have a recording of this alleged radio broadcast?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2020, 05:25:19 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2020, 06:50:46 PM »
Holy cow. The CTers are right. Mr. Brewer should have never said anything to the police. It’s amazing he wasn’t convicted. :)

DA: Mr. Brewer, you say you are innocent. But how did you know a police officer was killed. How did you know he was shot?

Mr. Brewer: I heard it announced on the radio. I heard it just before Oswald showed up.

. . .

DA: Officer Smith, was there any announcement of the shooting of Officer Tippit.

Officer Smith: No, there wasn’t. The media was not informed. There is no way such an announcement could have been made.

. . .

DA: You said you did not shoot the officer yourself. But if this is true, how did you know a police officer was killed? How did you know that he was not only killed, but murdered? How did you know that he was not only murdered but shot to death?

DA: But we already know that no such announcement could have been made. Do you have a recording of this alleged radio broadcast?

The video I posted relates to people who have been arrested for something. Go to 7:59 for 10 top reasons why, if arrested, one should claim the 5th and say nothing. Oswald would have been better off saying nothing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 06:56:43 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2020, 07:26:15 PM »

. . .

. . .

Mr. Elliott:
No one here, except you, has promoted such a bizarre, over the top scenario.

Is there something wrong with questioning the story Mr. Brewer relates?

If you read the original affadavits of Brewer and Postal, you will see that their accounts of the whole scenario do not match up. They conflict, especially Brewer's remarks about Ms Postal.

P.S. Those affadavits make for good reading. :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2020, 07:26:15 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2020, 08:35:40 PM »

Mr. Elliott:
No one here, except you, has promoted such a bizarre, over the top scenario.

This scenario was an obvious joke.

Is there something wrong with questioning the story Mr. Brewer relates?

If you read the original affadavits of Brewer and Postal, you will see that their accounts of the whole scenario do not match up. They conflict, especially Brewer's remarks about Ms Postal.

P.S. Those affadavits make for good reading. :)

The accounts agree pretty closely.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2020, 09:08:40 PM »
This scenario was an obvious joke.

The accounts agree pretty closely.
Ah, the fallacious reductio ad absurdum.
( Mr Elliott is quite transparent.)

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2020, 10:10:26 PM »
We now know that there was a broadcast on NBC News, probably soon repeated by all the radio stations, that an officer had by shot.

Must be a false memory.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2020, 10:10:26 PM »