Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Three Problems with the Lone-Gunman Theory  (Read 14407 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Three Problems with the Lone-Gunman Theory
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2021, 11:36:22 AM »
Advertisement
Like you know what CE399 was fired at and from how far away, Polly.

I don't need to know, Cracker.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2021, 11:36:22 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2021, 11:39:29 AM »
Like you actually know that there was a first shot that missed or that Oswald fired it.  Even an actual parrot is more discerning.

I don't need to know, Cracker.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2021, 10:33:46 PM »
I don't need to know; actual attendees (at any given scene) saw/said, despite you attempting to tell us what they saw or said.

Sure Chapman.  Regale us with your knowledge of exactly what "attendees" saw a first shot that missed or Oswald firing such a shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2021, 10:33:46 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2021, 08:22:30 PM »
Sure Chapman.  Regale us with your knowledge of exactly what "attendees" saw a first shot that missed or Oswald firing such a shot.

Royce Skelton
See/Say Attendee
JBK* Motorcade
Dealey Plaza

SAW/SAID
https://www.history-matters.com/analysis/witness/witnessMap/Skelton.htm

DALLAS SHERIFF'S STATEMENT: November 22, 1963.
19H496
I saw something hit the pavement at the left rear of the car, then the car got in the right hand lane and I heard two more shots. I heard a woman say, "Oh no," or something and grab a man inside the car. I then heard another shot and saw the bullet hit the pavement. The concrete was knocked to the South away from the car. It hit the pavement in the left or middle lane. [Statement does not reveal where Skelton thought the shots came from.]

FBI REPORT: December 17, 1963.
CD205 
Mr. Skelton noticed that as an open limousine turned on Elm Street, it had moved approximately one hundred feet at which time he noticed dust spray up from the street in front of the car on the driver’s side. This dust spray came from the direction of the Texas School Book Depository building. A few seconds later, he heard what he believed to be three shots. He did not see anyone fall but he saw a woman grab someone and hold him and heard her say "Oh, no! Oh, no!" It seemed as if the car slowed down for few seconds and then he heard a voice say something to the effect of: "Get out of here," and the car quickly sped away.

DEPOSITION: April 8, 1964.
6H237 
Mr. SKELTON. Just about the same time the car straightened up-got around the corner-I heard two shots, but I didn't know at that time they were shots.
Mr. BALL. Where did they seem to come from?
Mr. SKELTON. Well, I couldn't tell then, they were still so far from where I was.
Mr. BALL. Did the shots sound like they came from where you were standing?
Mr. SKELTON. No, sir; definitely not. It sounded like they were right there-more or less like motorcycle backfire, but I thought that they were theses dumbballs that they throw at the cement because I could see the smoke coming up off the cement.
Mr. BALL. You saw some smoke come off of the cement?
Mr. SKELTON. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where did it seem to you that the sound came from, what direction?
Mr. SKELTON. Towards the President's car.
Mr. BALL. From the President's car.
Mr. SKELTON. Right around the motorcycles and all that-I couldn't distinguish because it was too far away.

*Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 06:50:25 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2021, 09:32:26 PM »
  That would be towards the underpass and up behind the knoll area wouldn't it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2021, 09:32:26 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2021, 10:27:47 PM »

That would be towards the underpass and up behind the knoll area wouldn't it?
Skelton said he was standing on the underpass when he observed all of this. And he said it sounded like the shots came from, "Right around the motorcycles and all that-I couldn't distinguish because it was too far away." So any sound TOWARDS the underpass would be at him; since, again, that was where he was located.

Question: How could JFK and JC get shot in their backs from someone shooting from the knoll or underpass?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:12:36 AM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Dan O'meara

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2021, 11:11:29 PM »
Royce Skelton
See/Say Attendee
JBK* Motorcade
Dealey Plaza

SAW/SAID
https://www.history-matters.com/analysis/witness/witnessMap/Skelton.htm

DALLAS SHERIFF'S STATEMENT: November 22, 1963.
19H496
I saw something hit the pavement at the left rear of the car, then the car got in the right hand lane and I heard two more shots. I heard a woman say, "Oh no," or something and grab a man inside the car. I then heard another shot and saw the bullet hit the pavement. The concrete was knocked to the South away from the car. It hit the pavement in the left or middle lane. [Statement does not reveal where Skelton thought the shots came from.]

FBI REPORT: December 17, 1963.
CD205 
Mr. Skelton noticed that as an open limousine turned on Elm Street, it had moved approximately one hundred feet at which time he noticed dust spray up from the street in front of the car on the driver’s side. This dust spray came from the direction of the Texas School Book Depository building. A few seconds later, he heard what he believed to be three shots. He did not see anyone fall but he saw a woman grab someone and hold him and heard her say "Oh, no! Oh, no!" It seemed as if the car slowed down for few seconds and then he heard a voice say something to the effect of: "Get out of here," and the car quickly sped away.

DEPOSITION: April 8, 1964.
6H237 
Mr. SKELTON. Just about the same time the car straightened up-got around the corner-I heard two shots, but I didn't know at that time they were shots.
Mr. BALL. Where did they seem to come from?
Mr. SKELTON. Well, I couldn't tell then, they were still so far from where I was.
Mr. BALL. Did the shots sound like they came from where you were standing?
Mr. SKELTON. No, sir; definitely not. It sounded like they were right there-more or less like motorcycle backfire, but I thought that they were theses dumbballs that they throw at the cement because I could see the smoke coming up off the cement.
Mr. BALL. You saw some smoke come off of the cement?
Mr. SKELTON. Yes.
Mr. BALL. From the President's car.
Mr. SKELTON. Right around the motorcycles and all that-I couldn't distinguish because it was too far away.

*Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy

Later in the same testimony Skelton makes it clear when he saw the smoke and it wasn't after the first shot:

Mr. BALL. Wait a minute let me ask you some questions about that. Tell me, now, about the smoke did you see some smoke?
Mr. SKELTON. After those two shots, and the car came on down closer to the triple underpass, well, there was another shot--two more shots I heard, but one of them--I saw a bullet, or I guess it was a bullet--I take for granted it was--- hit in the left front of the President's car on the cement, and when it did, the smoke carried with it--away from the building.

There was no early missed shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2021, 11:11:29 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2021, 12:46:46 AM »
Skelton said he was standing on the underpass when he observed all of this. 
Be that as it may...saying 'shots towards the President's car' wouldn't otherwise make any sense.
Question: How could JFK and JC get shot in their backs from someone shooting from the knoll or underpass?
No one has ever asserted that. However, locations of more than one shooter would easily explain that.
I know..prove there was more than one shooter---It goes around in circles.