Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Nix Illusion  (Read 15978 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: The Nix Illusion
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »
Advertisement
My guess, just from eyeballing it, would be about z380.
By the way John, aren't you happy I've sorted out your confusion for you. It was kind of on your suggestion I looked into this.
You must be so happy I've cleared things up for you.  8)
At Z380 - your choice - Jackie's hand is about 18" to 2' away from the continental kit on the rear bumper, sprawled in the middle of the trunk. Clint, obviously, is at the left rear bumper, behind and to his left of her. Her head, and Clint Hill's head are about 2' to 3' apart. Now Zapruder is also not, at this point, perpendicular to the limo. Your alleged optical illusion in Nix should then work, in reverse, with Jackie, in the foreground, overlapping Clint Hill, in the background. This effect is not visible in Z380, or any other frames.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 03:45:22 AM »
At Z380 - your choice - Jackie's hand is about 18" to 2' away from the continental kit on the rear bumper, sprawled in the middle of the trunk. Clint, obviously, is at the left rear bumper, behind and to his left of her. Her head, and Clint Hill's head are about 2' to 3' apart. Now Zapruder is also not, at this point, perpendicular to the limo. Your alleged optical illusion in Nix should then work, in reverse, with Jackie, in the foreground, overlapping Clint Hill, in the background. This effect is not visible in Z380, or any other frames.

No. Seen from behind and from the left (Nix view), they seem to overlap. Seen from behind and from the right (Zapruder view) we see the true separation.

Try looking at a couple of salt shakers, which represent the heads, a few inches apart and at a 45-degree angle between them. The one on the left, closer to you by about 3 inches. From the left and behind, they almost overlap. From the right and behind, they are widely separated.

By the way, I place it at z-375:

At z-375, Clint Hill is just the perfect distance from the standing man that is directly above him. Not z-374. Not z-376. It’s z-375.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 03:54:13 AM by Joe Elliott »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 04:03:41 AM »
I agree Jackie's difference positions between the Z and nix films are just due to the different angles it is viewed from. I mapped it out once and it accounts for the total difference in her position.. Of course if Nix had been looking down on the trunk as much as Z was the illusion would be broken. Nix would have seen Jackie's real position was farther back on the trunk.
But there are a few things I disagree with in the diagram. first the area below Jackie's armpit marked "Burnt off due to ambient light" I think is incorrect. Jackie's shadow falls to her left and it is not in the area below her armpit. There is nothing that would cast a shadow there .Turn up the saturation and it looks like blue sky reflected there.
 If you calculate the slope angle from Z to the trunk(13 degrees) then subtract 5 degrees because the curved trunk slopes away on it's far side, then continue that angle Southward( the slope raises up at 1 foot per every 2.8 feet of travel), it is pointing to the sky about just above the West end of the Annex and the trees just West of it. Continuing with the slope angle calculation the brown area at the far side of the trunk is part of the face of the annex in shadow and the trees West of it.
  The ambient light bouncing off Jackie's left side is reflected in the trunk and it is the ambient light that is cancelling out most of Jackie's body shadow.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 04:03:41 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 04:29:45 AM »
No. Seen from behind and from the left (Nix view), they seem to overlap. Seen from behind and from the right (Zapruder view) we see the true separation.

Try looking at a couple of salt shakers, which represent the heads, a few inches apart and at a 45-degree angle between them. The one on the left, closer to you by about 3 inches. From the left and behind, they almost overlap. From the right and behind, they are widely separated.

By the way, I place it at z-375:

At z-375, Clint Hill is just the perfect distance from the standing man that is directly above him. Not z-374. Not z-376. It’s z-375.
May I inquire as to why it's the "perfect distance"?

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 04:52:15 AM »
May I inquire as to why it's the "perfect distance"?

Compare z-375 with the Zapruder frame from the first post. The Zapruder frame from that one was z-375. The frame from the Nix film looks like it was from the time frame of z-380, because the trailing foot is well off the ground.

In any case, comparing z-375 or z-380 with the frame from the Nix film tells the same story. There is clear separation between Hill and Jackie as seen from that angle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 04:52:15 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 05:25:11 PM »
Compare z-375 with the Zapruder frame from the first post. The Zapruder frame from that one was z-375. The frame from the Nix film looks like it was from the time frame of z-380, because the trailing foot is well off the ground.

In any case, comparing z-375 or z-380 with the frame from the Nix film tells the same story. There is clear separation between Hill and Jackie as seen from that angle.
Once you acknowledge the importance of the actual limo speed, and consider that Nix was closer to perpendicular to the limo than Zapruder at that point, and that Jackie's arm is touching or above the Continental spare tire housing on the back bumper - not an illusion - well...

Offline Allan Fritzke

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 05:19:20 AM »
It isn't a fact, Walt.
It's your eyes playing tricks on you.
Do you believe Zapruder has been altered?

Look at the Frames Z330 and Z337 as examples in the Zapruder film and examine the cog region of the film. Is there a logical explanation for seeing a clearly visible front motorcycle wheel at the top (Z330) and  seeing more of the curb (Z337) in the cog region?  Please explain in Z337 why there is a square "cut off" in the front of the President's head or why Jacqueline's arm in that region is fully visible below and above the head "region"?   My guess is that the film was totally altered in those regions to coincide with all shots coming from the rearward.  Even though JFK can be seen in other footage to be moving back and to his left on possible impact.  I say possible because it takes an awful long time for Jacqueline to register alarm! 

I would also speculate that the first shot was much lower as evidenced by JFK putting his hand to his chest and then later Jacqueline is examining chest and not his neck region (judging by her hands and facial position). 

As of now,  we see "Ida Dox" illustrations of where bullets landed and based largely on hearsay or what supports the LNer narrative.  Why were x-rays and pictures of his body not presented and why were they withheld from public for so many years?   Why the need to hire someone to "draw" pictures based on a story teller rather than present the WC with the real evidence?  Are x-rays gruesome?   Do they even exist or was all this evidence shredded or made up and given to Ida Dox.  We know that some of original doctors at scene said the gunshot came from the front and exited out the back of head. 

Of course, the controlled narrative makes sense and would explain why so much remains hidden and kept from the public for so many years- 50 or more.   Of course Zapruder frames portray the total front half of face missing and gone.  If you believe the image of the face shown on Wikipedia - the President's with eyes wide open and no damage to front, you have to figure someone is controlling what you see!  Also, it defies logic that you would consider using a wound hole to the side of the neck to make a hole into your windpipe to aid breathing.  Unless of course the wound had penetrated the windpipe and you were putting a tube directly into an existing hole to the windpipe.  Nothing logical here and no mention of that in autopsy results!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_autopsy

You also know that Dan Rather (news media) had already stated within days that there was one assassin and that all shots came from Oswald and the TSBD and were from behind.    He describes in detail body movement to the front!  John Connally in his hospital bed already knew that Oswald was the lone gunman and that it was clear that "he" wanted to kill both of us!   Contrast that to Jacqueline saying "they" killed my husband.

Conclusions were already pointing to one shooter.  Also no one can explain why Life (Time Life) paid Zapruder big bucks for the entire film but kept it from the public and showed frames selected for supporting LNer theory only for the WC report?   Who was publisher of Life magazine at the time and did he have governmental ties (ie. CIA or FBI or SS)?  Who really was C.D. Jackson and did he really have ties with Allen Dulles?  Were they both CIA operatives and part of a massive coverup plan?

Those are facts plain and simple.  If it was a simple Lone nut gunman, a 1000 page WC report would not have been needed.  You would have no need to assassinate LHO and he could have been tried by a grand jury of regular peasants and there would have been no need for a "politically" formed a commission to examine and weigh in on the evidence!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 05:19:20 AM »

Offline Chris Bristow

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 08:11:16 AM »
There is an answer regarding the fender image and it is generally accepted by Most Ct researchers. When you zoom the camera in the image expands into the margins. The 2nd factor is that each frame shares one sprocket hole. So the bottom sprocket hole in 329 which has the fender image below it becomes the top sprocket hole in fr330 and still has the fender below it.
Frame 280 is an interesting example because you see the lamp post in 3 different positions in one frame because the top sprocket has a fr279 image and the lower sprocket has some of fr 281
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:26:38 PM by Chris Bristow »